FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Questions on BankDirect, now Bask Bank (consolidated) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1047553-questions-bankdirect-now-bask-bank-consolidated.html)

scubadu Nov 14, 2022 8:18 am

Originally Posted by WannaTheater (Post 34756980)
I am curious as well as to how long after the miles will post.
I am in the opposite boat... I am delaying opening an account so the points will post for the AA 2023 earning period.

Unfortunately, I think the T&Cs leave some ambiguity about this. The offer ends (at least currently) on 12/15. However, we've seen data points across the new LP earning spectrum where the awarding of LPs are sometimes backdated to the transaction date, not the date when the points post (e.g. Rocketmiles). So I guess there is a part of me that wonders if the LPs awarded from completing this offer might in fact be backdated to when you opened the account, not when they actually post to your Advantage account. I honestly do not know, but that might be a risk.

Also, though the offer says you need to maintain the minimum balance for 90 days, it actually is a bit more specific than that. I actually says;
"fund your Bask Mileage Savings Account with a minimum of $25,000 within 15 calendar days following the initial account opening and maintain a minimum daily account balance of $25,000 for 90 consecutive days out of the first 105 days following the initial account opening."

This makes me wonder if you don't actually earn the bonus after 90 days, but rather after the 105 days? If that's true its pretty important for those that want the LPs to hit in this qualifying year because 105 days from tomorrow (11/15/2022) is 2/28/2023 which is literally the last qualifying day of the AAdvantage year.

I thought about taking advantage (no pun intended :)) of this offer for my wife, but given this late date in the year, I just really have no idea which year they will post in, so not really worth the risk...

Regards

WannaTheater Nov 14, 2022 9:26 am

I am expecting to make Executive Platinum at the end of this month. It seems like this would make 5K LPs, if earned in March 2023 and backdated to THIS qualifying year, basically worthless...
Am I overlooking something?

scubadu Nov 14, 2022 9:56 am

Originally Posted by WannaTheater (Post 34757284)
I am expecting to make Executive Platinum at the end of this month. It seems like this would make 5K LPs, if earned in March 2023 and backdated to THIS qualifying year, basically worthless...
Am I overlooking something?

Yes, your overlooking that I honestly have no idea when they will post, so don't make your decision based on my advice :)

I'm just saying, for me, there is too much ambiguity in the T&Cs, given how late we are in the year, that I'm not willing to do this without some absurdness as to which specific AAdvantage year the LPs would post in.

Regards

mia Nov 30, 2022 12:21 pm

Interest Savings Account rate increased today to 3.78% APR = 3.85% APY

Lags a bit below the highest rates reported here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34794633-post5.html but still competitive.

SF1K Dec 1, 2022 9:01 am

Did they just up the miles to 2 per $? That’s what it says in the FAQs, but not sure when that change happened as for November seems my earnings were only 1.5

saaveraward Dec 1, 2022 9:37 am

Originally Posted by SF1K (Post 34798833)
Did they just up the miles to 2 per $? That’s what it says in the FAQs, but not sure when that change happened as for November seems my earnings were only 1.5

It's on the home page now. 2 miles per dollar

siankaan1 Dec 1, 2022 12:05 pm

Your November miles posting was for October balances. December miles posting is for November balances, and may be at 1.5 cents or at 2 cents, we'll just have to see what they post. I think December earnings (posted in January) should be 2 cents.

Flyinglotus Dec 1, 2022 12:10 pm

Just got this via email
"The rate you are earning on your Bask Mileage Savings Account has been increased from 1.5 AAdvantage® miles per $1 saved annually to 2 AAdvantage® miles per $1 saved annually."

Dr Jabadski Dec 1, 2022 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Flyinglotus (Post 34799386)
Just got this via email "The rate you are earning on your Bask Mileage Savings Account has been increased from 1.5 AAdvantage® miles per $1 saved annually to 2 AAdvantage® miles per $1 saved annually."

I received the same email. Wiki for this thread (partially) updated.

Planned Wiki update once Wiki editing is restored:

Miles usually post on Bask website on the second business day of the month, to AA a day or 2 later.

Check the "Rewards" section of your Bask dashboard or the Recent Activity section of your AA account.

Current earn rate as of December 2022: 2.0 miles/dollar/month (no LP's).

simon562 Dec 1, 2022 3:59 pm

I had moved from miles to interest recently. But, I think this flips the advantage slightly back to miles. Pretty close now in my opinion.

ymx Dec 9, 2022 8:37 am

Is there any way to have Bask change the posting date of the 5,000 promotional LPs? I will be qualifying for EP sooner than I thought and it would be fantastic if those 5,000 LPs could hit in March so they count for 2024 status.

SteveinA2 Dec 9, 2022 9:08 am

I have called Bask before and had dates of deposited miles be changed. TBH it was a long time ago. I needed the delay as I did not want the miles to make me cross the 2 Million mile mark. I wanted the SWU's for the following year. So I'm sure It can be done with a call and a helpful agent.

mia Dec 9, 2022 9:11 am

Originally Posted by SteveinA2 (Post 34819992)
I have called Bask before and had dates of deposited miles be changed. TBH it was a long time ago. I needed the delay as I did not want the miles to make me cross the 2 Million mile mark.

This sounds as if it would have been BankDirect, rather than Bask Bank?

mia Dec 13, 2022 12:16 pm

Interest Savings now 3.95% APR = 4.03% APY Surprised that the APR is not at least 4%.

SteveinA2 Dec 13, 2022 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 34820001)
This sounds as if it would have been BankDirect, rather than Bask Bank?

True but they are/were essentially the same thing with a common parent