Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Questions on BankDirect, now Bask Bank (consolidated)

Questions on BankDirect, now Bask Bank (consolidated)

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 8, 21, 2:27 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rrgg
Wiki Link
Miles typically post by the 4th of the month but may take longer when there's a Monday holiday. Check the "Rewards" section of your Bask dashboard, or the Recent Activity section of your AA account.
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 16, 22, 1:48 pm

To be fair, it's not normal to migrate early, and it's a special case.

To answer your question, my recurring payments remained in the old bill pay system and not the new one. They are 2 different bill pay companies. Although the old payment wasn't visible to me, it was still correctly processed. They quickly fixed it. Now my only bill pays are the ones I see.

My bet is you're fine if you do nothing. I only posted if you want to be extra safe. For example in your case, I would enter a single non-recurring payment for your normal date, 9/22. After migration, create a recurring payment starting 10/22.
swag likes this.
Old Sep 22, 22, 2:36 pm

Showing 2.71% for me now. I was hoping for a larger increase. I'm not moving yet, but I'll be paying attention to the competition, for sure.
Old Sep 22, 22, 4:56 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold. Hold AA, UA, BA, LH, SQ, VX, AF, AMEX, Citi, Chase balances
Originally Posted by josephstern View Post
Showing 2.71% for me now. I was hoping for a larger increase. I'm not moving yet, but I'll be paying attention to the competition, for sure.
looks like 2.75%
Old Sep 22, 22, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.5MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb PLT, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by saaveraward View Post
looks like 2.75%
If you are looking for fixed income, CD rates available through Schwab CD OneSource on Sept. 22 are as below:
Maturity Ranges Rates up to 1-3 Month CDs 3.44% APY 4-6 Month CDs 4.04% APY 7-9 Month CDs 4.12% APY 10-18 Month CDs 4.10% APY
Old Sep 22, 22, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
looks like 2.75%
2.71% APR = 2.75% APY.

The miracle of compound interest.
FlytheTail likes this.
Old Sep 26, 22, 3:36 pm

I decided to open a Bask Bank account and started the online steps. Upon submitted my name, address, and SSN, I got an error that says "At this time, we cannot open a Bask Bank account for you." with no additional context. I reached out to their customer support and they seemed to think it was an identity matching issue (I've lived at the same address for years, opened other accounts with it, etc).

Has anyone else experienced this? Any workaround? The customer support rep wasn't very helpful.

-Dan
Old Sep 26, 22, 3:43 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
If you are trying to open a Mileage-earning account, try an Interest-earning account instead.
Old Sep 28, 22, 11:27 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold. Hold AA, UA, BA, LH, SQ, VX, AF, AMEX, Citi, Chase balances
Is it strange they're constantly updating their T&C? And I'm not talking about cut and paste with new interest rates.
Old Sep 28, 22, 11:46 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Is it strange they're constantly updating their T&C?
The changes pertain to Certificates of Deposit, which Bask Bank has only recently started to offer. It sounds as if the terms didn't spell out what they intend to do when a customer decides to cancel a CD within a few days of opening it, which is likely while rates are rising.

Last edited by mia; Sep 28, 22 at 12:00 pm
Old Sep 29, 22, 8:15 am

The home page now has no reference to the miles earning rate. I wonder if they're trying to push had to get people in to the interest product.
Old Sep 29, 22, 8:48 am

The home page now has no reference to the miles earning rate. I wonder if they're trying to push had to get people in to the interest product.
Certainly the mileage earning is looking pretty weak right now in comparison to interest rates. Could turn off a browser.
Old Sep 29, 22, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Or perhaps they're about to increase the mileage-earning rate. 😉
Old Sep 29, 22, 10:30 am

It's still there for me. Maybe you have your screen zoomed in too far (product list turns into a carousel).
Old Sep 30, 22, 6:09 pm

Bask announced that new customers can get 5000 Loyalty Points for depositing 25k. But
I know you are going to ask, so lets just get it out of the way. At this time, an existing of former customer cannot take part in this offer. Lets all hold out some hope that at some point, in some way, well be able to earn Loyalty Points from cash on deposit in the future. Hey, we can dream, right?!
Old Oct 1, 22, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by libralibra View Post
Bask announced that new customers can get 5000 Loyalty Points for depositing 25k. But
Is a former customer of BankDirect also considered a former customer of Bask Bank?

Search this Thread