Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Questions on BankDirect, now Bask Bank (consolidated)

Questions on BankDirect, now Bask Bank (consolidated)

Old Dec 14, 19, 1:34 pm

100k per year plus 26k first year bonuses. How did she get to 135k?

Last edited by rrgg; Dec 14, 19 at 1:40 pm
Old Dec 17, 19, 7:38 pm

Several posts here compared earning cash interest versus miles used toward a J ticket, and I mostly agreed.

Earlier today I posted in the AAnytime thread that I was seeing 300k and 400k one way US-EU business awards. Now I just saw TPG reporting this is new AA pricing for aanytime. Yes savers still exist but it’s even worse now. With “websaver” moving in too I’m not sure I like BD/Bask anymore.

Last edited by rrgg; Dec 17, 19 at 8:06 pm
Old Dec 19, 19, 10:02 pm

Agree with the comment above. Last year I got a business class ticket PHX to LHR for 135,000 miles and $5.60 (in July, peak season) and waffled over whether it was worth it. Looking at July of this year itís difficult to get a ticket for this amount of miles. This entirely changes the calculus of Bank Direct/ Bask. Instead Iíll use my amex MR so at least I can get EQM and EQD and elite status. Will probably close out BD, leave $50k in Bask for a year and then leave a nominal amount say $5000. If I can get good redemptions and run low on AA miles then Iíll put cash back into Bask if it compares favorably to interest rates.
Old Dec 22, 19, 5:16 pm

Not worth it anymore. Forget about J award, with this married segment BS. Either you get a stupidly long connection from a non-hub or nothing at all if you are flying out from a hub.
Old Dec 24, 19, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat 2MM
On the Bask site I don't see any mention of the 20k bonus for keeping $50k for 12 months. The FAQ page (under How can I earn bonus miles) just mentions the 5k and 1k and nothing about 20k. Is there a special link for it or did it end already? I know the original text said some time in 2020 but I can't find that anywhere on their site. Not sure I want to go through the troubles of signing up if I don't get the 20k bonus after the first year.

Update: I found it in the Terms and Services PDF file so it's still available.

Last edited by rmc1; Dec 24, 19 at 4:09 pm
Old Dec 27, 19, 8:18 pm

any referrals for Bask like BD?
Old Dec 30, 19, 11:40 am

I haven't been able to transfer any money in or out of Bask. I spoke with an (inexperienced) CSR at Bask earlier today who informed me they had a $1k per day and $1k per week limit in transfer activity. Is anyone else having this same issue?
Old Dec 31, 19, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by aziz3437 View Post
I haven't been able to transfer any money in or out of Bask. I spoke with an (inexperienced) CSR at Bask earlier today who informed me they had a $1k per day and $1k per week limit in transfer activity. Is anyone else having this same issue?
Had the same problem just now trying my first transfer (account already funded). Spoke with a very knowledgeable CSR at Bask who said that this was a common occurrence where the account verification (OFAC, etc.) was not automatically delegated from BankDirect, so it needed to be verified. Seeing that I had successfully funded the account by a transfer from BankDirect was sufficient verification for the CSR; he immediately removed the restriction and said that the standard limits now apply to my account: $50,000 daily transaction limit (either in or out), $100,000 monthly.

These limits apply when initiating transfers from the Bask Bank website. There is no limit applied to transfers initiated on other banks' websites to/from Bask Bank. The CSR gave me the Bask Bank routing number, so here it is for anyone who might want to initiate a transfer from elsewhere: 111026177
Old Jan 10, 20, 8:55 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Is anyone having a problem getting Bask/Texas Capital Bank to show in their mint account correctly? Mine shows the post transfer amount of BD, but although I entered TC in my accounts, it does not show up on my list and totals...

Last edited by JudyJFLA; Jan 10, 20 at 9:25 am
Old Jan 14, 20, 11:00 am

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
I opened an account over a week ago and initiated a transfer into Bask Bank a week ago. The $1000 I transferred still has not shown up in my Bask account. On Monday CSR told me my money will be there tomorrow..... Today I was told my money will be there tomorrow.............

I certainly do NOT recommend this bank to anyone.
Old Jan 14, 20, 3:16 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Has anyone had monthly miles from Bask post to their AA account yet? Opened my Bask account at the beginning of December and the 1,000 miles for feedback posted within a few days but haven't gotten anything since then.
Old Jan 14, 20, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by Jabarie MacQuarrie View Post
Has anyone had monthly miles from Bask post to their AA account yet? Opened my Bask account at the beginning of December and the 1,000 miles for feedback posted within a few days but haven't gotten anything since then.
Yes. Everything that I was due has posted to my AA account: 1,000 bonus, 5,000 bonus, monthly earning. Account opened in November.
Jabarie MacQuarrie likes this.
Old Jan 15, 20, 2:01 am

Programs: AAdvantage (peon)
The Bask Bank website has a strange warning that transactions can take a few days to appear. Their "secure messaging" requires that you to launch an html file that's attached to the email (somehow proofpoint thought it'd be a good idea to require a user to perform an act that even most grandparents know not to do), and their website don't show errors until the last step in the process (e.g., creating an account with a username that's already in use will defer the error reporting until the last step [which only says to contact customer support], and adding an external bank account for transfers will fail if you try to add too many [but only after you've entered the account #s and clicked submit]).

Anyway, at least there's no shortage of issues to provide them feedback on.
Old Yesterday, 3:07 pm

I just had an interesting conversation with a Bask representative regarding the 20,000 mile bonus for a deposit of $50K kept for 1 year. Per the Terms and Conditions, the bonus miles are awarded in two 10K increments, at the 6 month and 1 year anniversaries of the initial deposit.

She implied that the 20,000 mile bonus is "stackable" for all deposit increments of $50K, i.e. a $100K deposit would accrue 40,000 bonus miles, awarded in two increments of 20K and 20K. A $150K deposit earns 60K bonus miles etc.

I don't see this explicitly spelled out in the Terms and Conditions. Has anyone else received similar information and determined that it's accurate?
Old Yesterday, 5:42 pm

Maayan,
How long did it take for the 1000 and 5000 points to hit your AA account after you take the survey and your first deposit?
Thanks!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: