FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: Lounge Access Based on Class of Service (master thread) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1036230-archive-lounge-access-based-class-service-master-thread.html)

JY1024 Sep 2, 2012 9:48 pm

Has anyone had any recent experience gaining lounge access based on class of service for a non-operating airline's lounge? (For instance, accessing BA's J lounge whilst flying J on AA.)

Other FTers have pointed out that within the last few month or two, the "class of service" lounge policy on the oneworld site has reverted back to the old language simply stating:

Customers flying First or Business Class have access to the equivalent class of lounge regardless of their frequent flyer status.
(Briefly, the language said that one could only access the lounge of the airline being flown.)

Specifically, I'm trying to ascertain if a friend flying through LHR would be able to access the Galleries lounge whilst waiting for his AA marketed and ticketed flight in J.

Thanks! :)

teemuflyer Sep 5, 2012 10:27 am

Originally Posted by JY1024 (Post 19242096)
Has anyone had any recent experience gaining lounge access based on class of service for a non-operating airline's lounge? (For instance, accessing BA's J lounge whilst flying J on AA.)

Other FTers have pointed out that within the last few month or two, the "class of service" lounge policy on the oneworld site has reverted back to the old language simply stating:

(Briefly, the language said that one could only access the lounge of the airline being flown.)

Specifically, I'm trying to ascertain if a friend flying through LHR would be able to access the Galleries lounge whilst waiting for his AA marketed and ticketed flight in J.

Thanks! :)

Yes, he should have no problem at all. Just needs to be the one in T3.

BrewerSEA Sep 8, 2012 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer (Post 19258068)
Yes, he should have no problem at all. Just needs to be the one in T3.

I think most of us believe that is still the case but JY1024 is asking if anyone has recent experience gaining access solely based on class-of-service i.e by a non-status passenger.

begemot Jan 6, 2013 2:54 pm

Hi,

I am traveling on an AA award ticket.

ZRH-LHR business (ba metal)
LHR-JFK first. (aa metal)

In LHR T3 can I use the Galleries First lounge?

I am not an Emerald OW.

Thanks,

Begemot

Andriyko Jan 6, 2013 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by begemot (Post 19988875)
Hi,

I am traveling on an AA award ticket.

ZRH-LHR business (ba metal)
LHR-JFK first. (aa metal)

In LHR T3 can I use the Galleries First lounge?

I am not an Emerald OW.

Thanks,

Begemot

Yes, you should have no problem using the Galleries First at LHR T3. Just present your BP.

begemot Jan 7, 2013 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Andriyko (Post 19991150)
Yes, you should have no problem using the Galleries First at LHR T3. Just present your BP.

Thanks, Spacibo, Andriyko!

elkhornne Jan 23, 2013 11:11 am

OK, I read the threads I could find and I think I've figured it out. Please verify the following. I appreciate the responses:

My wife and I are traveling in First from DFW to LHR. (I know I can use AA lounge in DFW) We have a few hour layover and then connect on BA going to CDG. The BA flight shows Business class. I guess there is no First Class.

Question 1: Will we be able to use the BA business class lounge in the departing terminal?

Question 2: Since we are in Business on BA going to CDG can we each bring a guest who is also traveling on the same flight to CDG, except their in coach?

Thank you very much.

nall Jan 23, 2013 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by BrewerSEA (Post 19280407)
I think most of us believe that is still the case but JY1024 is asking if anyone has recent experience gaining access solely based on class-of-service i.e by a non-status passenger.

Did we get resolution on this?

I'm flying family members through NRT in J/F, and I'm curious if everyone can get into the JAL lounge.

teemuflyer Jan 23, 2013 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by elkhornne (Post 20108181)
OK, I read the threads I could find and I think I've figured it out. Please verify the following. I appreciate the responses:

My wife and I are traveling in First from DFW to LHR. (I know I can use AA lounge in DFW) We have a few hour layover and then connect on BA going to CDG. The BA flight shows Business class. I guess there is no First Class.

Question 1: Will we be able to use the BA business class lounge in the departing terminal?

Question 2: Since we are in Business on BA going to CDG can we each bring a guest who is also traveling on the same flight to CDG, except their in coach?

Thank you very much.

As a matter of fact, you can use the BA F lounge (if open in DFW- Terminal D) and when in LHR, once again you can use the BA F lounge in the terminal you're making the connection to CDG..

"
Customers flying First or Business Class have access to the equivalent class of lounge regardless of their frequent flyer status. First Class passengers may have access to a Business Class or frequent flyer lounge if a First Class lounge is not available.

First Class passengers may invite one guest to join them in the lounge. The guest must also be travelling on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld airline.

Customers flying in Economy class on a domestic or intra-European segment to connect to or from a oneworld longhaul First or Business Class flight can also use the lounge applicable to the class in which they are travelling on the longhaul segment.

elkhornne Jan 23, 2013 1:46 pm

Teemulfyer,
Thank you.

Andriyko Jan 24, 2013 1:04 am

Originally Posted by teemuflyer (Post 20108866)
First Class passengers may invite one guest to join them in the lounge. The guest must also be travelling on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld airline.

Customers flying in Economy class on a domestic or intra-European segment to connect to or from a oneworld longhaul First or Business Class flight can also use the lounge applicable to the class in which they are travelling on the longhaul segment.

I would not be so sure that it will be possible to invite guests in this case. The F ticket holder will of course be able to access Galleries F at LHR because they're connecting from OW F but they won't be departing in F so inviting a guest may not be possible.
elkhornne, do ask but the answer may be a 'no'.

teemuflyer Jan 24, 2013 6:43 am

Originally Posted by Andriyko (Post 20112840)
I would not be so sure that it will be possible to invite guests in this case. The F ticket holder will of course be able to access Galleries F at LHR because they're connecting from OW F but they won't be departing in F so inviting a guest may not be possible.

I'm pretty sure that if you are on a connecting segment, the passenger traveling in F on the long haul segment can guest 1 person to an F lounge during the connection stop.

elkhornne Jan 24, 2013 7:02 am

Originally Posted by Andriyko (Post 20112840)

We are departing on BA from LHR to CDG in Business Exec, would that matter? According to AA the BA flight does not have First, just Business Exec and Economy.

Thank you for your help.

teemuflyer Jan 24, 2013 7:40 am

Originally Posted by elkhornne (Post 20113884)
We are departing on BA from LHR to CDG in Business Exec, would that matter? According to AA the BA flight does not have First, just Business Exec and Economy.

Thank you for your help.

Frankly it wouldn't matter if you were flying economy- you'll still have F lounge access.

"Customers flying in Economy class on a domestic or intra-European segment to connect to or from a oneworld longhaul First or Business Class flight can also use the lounge applicable to the class in which they are travelling on the longhaul segment.

elkhornne Jan 24, 2013 8:04 am

Originally Posted by teemuflyer (Post 20114062)
Frankly it wouldn't matter if you were flying economy- you'll still have F lounge access.

"Customers flying in Economy class on a domestic or intra-European segment to connect to or from a oneworld longhaul First or Business Class flight can also use the lounge applicable to the class in which they are travelling on the longhaul segment.

Even if my US based departure airline is AA in First from DFW to LHR? And based on the rules for BA lounge access my wife and I could each bring in one guest?

Thank you

I should add I appreciate everyone's help. I made Life time Gold mainly in the US with one trip to Asia and 2 to Mexico. When it comes to the International Europe travel I'm lost. We have a couple coming along, but in coach, so if I can get them in a lounge I want to. Thank you again.