Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Name, Gender Difference, Date of Birth, Change, Errors, etc. Account, Ticket, Award

Old Apr 19, 2016, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Trivial name differences - first and last names without middle name, blending of middle or Latin style names, etc. should not cause trouble flying, as long as the identification used displays the primary characteristics of the name on the boarding pass / ticket on AA, and on most airlines.

However, Cathay Pacific and some airlines are genuine sticklers and may not make changes at their end. Members have reported challenging times getting fixes for otherwise trivial name issues.

Changing a name on an issued ticket - reissuing the same ticket to another person - will not happen.

Changing a date of birth due to an accidental account entry must be rectified by contact with AA.; you may (or not) be asked to fax supporting documentation. Some other account changes that don’t “stick” (sometimes passport information, etc.) will also have to be called in. Contact for gender changes or issues as well. See here for AAdvantage Account contact form (AAdvantage Customer Service is only open work days 7-7 Central time.) See post #1 for contact phone numbers and aa.com contact form page illustration.

See:

U.S. Department of State: Change or Correct a Passport link

Posts prior to 2016 have been archived, and can be read here.

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost. Wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

Name, Gender Difference, Date of Birth, Change, Errors, etc. Account, Ticket, Award

Old Oct 15, 2017, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
GMT?

Could this be a GMT vs local time zone problem? i.e. is the system date different because you entered something when GMT timezone was next (or previous) date?
aquamarinesteph likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by billgrates3
Could this be a GMT vs local time zone problem? i.e. is the system date different because you entered something when GMT timezone was next (or previous) date?
That seems ... unlikely. My DOB doesn't depend on my current location, time zone, time, or date; it's completely invariant.

For the record, I'm seeing this same phenomenon--DOB in pax info box is one day too early--on two separate PNRs in the family. Neither is a result of a typo on my part during booking process, I am certain. AA assures me that the actual PNR info is correct & matches my profile.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Has this issue caused anyone to miss precheck recently? One poster in another thread is saying that he has missed precheck a few times and is attributing it to this issue.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: DL FO, Hertz #1 Gold
I ran into the same issue on the new GE/Pre-Check site when I signed up and re-verified my info. My DOB was reported as -1 day. I really hope someone has caught that, since airlines may at some point interpret Secure Flight data.

I don't think it's an issue with AA.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by klashn
I ran into the same issue on the new GE/Pre-Check site when I signed up and re-verified my info. My DOB was reported as -1 day. I really hope someone has caught that, since airlines may at some point interpret Secure Flight data.

In fact, I found the same with the new TTP site. The following data were off by one day:
- date of birth
- issue date of passport
- expiry date of passport
- expiry date of US visa

Moreover, the reported body height shifted by 1in.

It looks like something went wrong with the migration to the new system. Anybody knows when/how this can be expected to be fixed?
Old Oct 18, 2017, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by klashn

Well, I re-enrolled with the new DHS TTP site yesterday and my DOB is correct. If this is a problem on the government side, it's not appearing consistently.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by HofstraJet
Has this issue caused anyone to miss precheck recently? One poster in another thread is saying that he has missed precheck a few times and is attributing it to this issue.
With a PNR that had this issue my wife still got Pre-Check via her KTN without trying to fix anything.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond
Not sure if this is a related issue. I tried to add my two children to a reservation and add their secure flight information after entering their FF numbers. It hung up if I clicked "Yes" to add their information. I just finally clicked no and was able to complete the reservation.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 7:01 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by badkneeski
Not sure if this is a related issue. I tried to add my two children to a reservation and add their secure flight information after entering their FF numbers. It hung up if I clicked "Yes" to add their information. I just finally clicked no and was able to complete the reservation.
I use chrome and this has been happening to me for months.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 7:05 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
I had a problem a while back with a ticket I purchased through Amex that ran my first and middle name together in the first name area on AAs website leaving the middle name blank. It was an international ticket and I didn't want any problems so I contacted customer relations about it. Apparently there is another screen that they look at for that kind of thing and they said everything looked right there and not to worry about aa.com. My guess is that is the same thing that is happening here.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 7:41 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
I don't know if this is related, but I just bought a ticket and the ticketed date shows as "10/17/17" (fyi, I don't own a time machine)

This shouldn't cause any problems, right?
Old Oct 19, 2017, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by HofstraJet
It was me who had an issue with precheck. But after calling AA multiple times & messaging them on twitter yesterday, I'm happy to report that precheck is there for my flight tomorrow. And my DOB is listed correctly now under the secure traveler section unlike previously when it was a day ahead of my DOB.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 1:40 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I just (3:38 AM EDT) went to AA.COM, for each of my future reservations I checked "edit passenger...", my birthdate is now correct.^
Old Oct 19, 2017, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by nrr
I just (3:38 AM EDT) went to AA.COM, for each of my future reservations I checked "edit passenger...", my birthdate is now correct.^
Same for 2 separate PNRs for me & my DW. Looks like AA tweaked the buggy code that was causing this anomaly.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
Looks like AA tweaked the buggy code that was causing this anomaly.
Looking at the TTP website, it does not appear to be fixed there. It might be the case that the bug is in the script displaying the data.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.