Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2014-2017 AA Miles Award: TN / Air Tahiti Nui award redemptions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2014-2017 AA Miles Award: TN / Air Tahiti Nui award redemptions

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2015, 7:35 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by JonNYC
As pointed out above.

And, just to make sure (for some reason this language still exists as of less than a month ago in AAdv internal documentation) :
Iirc, one of their five A340s nominally still has a Poerava First cabin; that aircraft hasn't been refurbished and operates with the original seats (not refurbished). (No idea why, but TN is a bit "different" in how they do things, in my experience.)
Old May 14, 2015, 7:58 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by rubbernyc
Sounds like you are looking at Hawaiian flights, they only have 2 classes (3 if you count the new premium economy)

HA does not have flat seats in their business class, but the seats are comfy and the service is very friendly. Also, the flight is under 6 hours and it is a redeye on the way from PPT-HNL so you will be fine in business.
I'm not looking at anything specifically. I just want a dang first class flight from LAX to PPT. And American keeps giving LAX to HNL first leg of first and HNL to PPT as second leg on business. There just doesn't seem to be any other options.
Old May 14, 2015, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TMM1982
I'm not looking at anything specifically. I just want a dang first class flight from LAX to PPT. And American keeps giving LAX to HNL first leg of first and HNL to PPT as second leg on business. There just doesn't seem to be any other options.
There is no First Class to / from Papeete. TN offers Poerava Business and Moana Economy.

https://www.airtahitinui.com/us-en

You must call AA for award space on TN; it is not shown on AA.

Last edited by JDiver; May 14, 2015 at 9:24 am Reason: Add URL
Old May 14, 2015, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by rubbernyc
Air Tahiti Nui does not release seats, I think they release 1 per flight to partners.

I think that is the simplest answer.
I was able to book 2 business class award seats at the 330 day mark for LAX-PPT and the return. And then I had an expertflyer update notify me about a month later that 2 seats had opened up on another date I was interested.

So my very limited sample size says that at least on select days, they do release 2 business class award seats.
Old May 14, 2015, 1:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by JDiver
You must call AA for award space on TN; it is not shown on AA.
This explains it, thanks. Will give them a call.
Old May 14, 2015, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
This explains it, thanks. Will give them a call.
Or view it in expert flyer
Old May 14, 2015, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by BobbySteel
Or view it in expert flyer
I booked two business class tickets today on the phone (first class to LAX, business to ppt). There were 4 coach seats available as well.
Old May 14, 2015, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Geauxtigers777
I booked two business class tickets today on the phone (first class to LAX, business to ppt). There were 4 coach seats available as well.
^ Congratulations!
Old May 14, 2015, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond
FWIW, I booked two business class R/T's from AUS-PPT on AA (to LAX) and TN (to PPT) in April for this August. I had no problem finding two seats in business on a number of different days for this August (high season I'm told) and I did this roughly ~180 days out.

If it has been said 1000 times, make this 1001 - ExpertFlyer is your friend. For a frequent flyer like myself that likes to burn miles for great award flights and bumps from Y to J when traveling internationally (e.g., when to get an immediate confirmation of a SWU with AA), it is my best friend and a bargain at $9.99/month or $100/year.
Old May 14, 2015, 8:18 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Originally Posted by mrlonghorn
FWIW, I booked two business class R/T's from AUS-PPT on AA (to LAX) and TN (to PPT) in April for this August. I had no problem finding two seats in business on a number of different days for this August (high season I'm told) and I did this roughly ~180 days out.

If it has been said 1000 times, make this 1001 - ExpertFlyer is your friend. For a frequent flyer like myself that likes to burn miles for great award flights and bumps from Y to J when traveling internationally (e.g., when to get an immediate confirmation of a SWU with AA), it is my best friend and a bargain at $9.99/month or $100/year.
Agreed. We booked 1st/Bus AA through LAX, TN LAX to PPT using the technique that has been described. I used expertflyer as well and called 331 days in advance to book mid Jan 2016. Then the return, I did the same thing and got bus ppt-LAX on hold then call back next day to get lax onwards (us airways ugh - I hate their 1st class compared to AA metal).
Old May 17, 2015, 5:38 pm

For AAdvantage rewards, there is no change fee when the origin, destination and award type do not hachange

Anyone know if this applies to award bookings made on TN (on AA for ORD-LAX, on TN for LAX-LIH)?

Thanks!
Old May 17, 2015, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jabtravel
For AAdvantage rewards, there is no change fee when the origin, destination and award type do not hachange

Anyone know if this applies to award bookings made on TN (on AA for ORD-LAX, on TN for LAX-LIH)?

Thanks!
Er, I'm having a little difficulty here, so I'll ask. I think you mean change an award ORD-LAX-PPT using AA and TN to using AA ORD-LAX-LIH?

If so, I believe that might require redepositing the award, as your changing a non-oneworld partner award for an AA / oneworld award.
Old May 18, 2015, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
Er, I'm having a little difficulty here, so I'll ask. I think you mean change an award ORD-LAX-PPT using AA and TN to using AA ORD-LAX-LIH?

If so, I believe that might require redepositing the award, as your changing a non-oneworld partner award for an AA / oneworld award.
Hi, thanks for the reply. I am taking ORD-LAX-PPT (AA first flight, TN second flight). Sorry, mixed up airports (also going to LIH a different trip).

I used AA miles to book the ORD-LAX-PPT trip. Can I change the date/time if "better" flights become available without a change fee? Or do I have to pay a fee b/c the flight is on TN? I think you answered my question with a "yes" to the fee. If I'm not mistaken, there would be no change fee if it were just a One World flight and there was no change to the route.
Old May 19, 2015, 1:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jabtravel
Hi, thanks for the reply. I am taking ORD-LAX-PPT (AA first flight, TN second flight). Sorry, mixed up airports (also going to LIH a different trip).

I used AA miles to book the ORD-LAX-PPT trip. Can I change the date/time if "better" flights become available without a change fee? Or do I have to pay a fee b/c the flight is on TN? I think you answered my question with a "yes" to the fee. If I'm not mistaken, there would be no change fee if it were just a One World flight and there was no change to the route.
Did you book ORD-LAX-PPT for 62.5?
Old May 19, 2015, 4:51 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Did you book ORD-LAX-PPT for 62.5?
You should be able to change with no fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.