Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2017 "Sticker" / 500-mile & EXP "UDU" Complimentary Upgrade Policy / FAQ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2017 "Sticker" / 500-mile & EXP "UDU" Complimentary Upgrade Policy / FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2017, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Fast question: when does the calendar for earning the four stickers based on every 12,500 miles of flying expire? 1/1 or 1/31 (end of Elite year)?

Tnx
As long as you hold status, you earn stickers.. so say you are PLT now that expires 1/31/2018 and drop to no status, you'd still accumulate stickers till 1/31/2018 as you are a PLT till then.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Fast question: when does the calendar for earning the four stickers based on every 12,500 miles of flying expire? 1/1 or 1/31 (end of Elite year)?

Tnx
The EQM counter for sticker earning resets 1/31. See wiki here.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 4:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.9 MM; HH Diamond; Bonvoy Platinum; WOH Discoverist
Originally Posted by Stripe
They will sit in your account forever. They can be used if you are traveling with a status member and they get you a companion upgrade. In the past you were able to use them if you were traveling on a full Y fare, but that appears to be no longer the case.
This is true...I have four lonely 500-mile upgrades sitting untouched in my account from late 2008, when I first qualified for EXP. Domestically I tend to book companion travel into 1st using miles and then hope for the best for my upgrade via the normal process.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 5:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Just had my first experience where only one person on a two-person reservation got upgraded. Is this normal? We were both on the same PNR, no splitting, no funny business. Upgrade confirmed at gate at T-20 minutes or so.

The flight was also oversold and appeared to have two inoperable seats in F.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 12:36 am

Programs: AA EP
Somehow it must have been set to split if only one upgrade is avail. Check to see if u now have 2 PNRs cause 2 people can’t be in different classes in 1 PNR.

Originally Posted by ralphs
Just had my first experience where only one person on a two-person reservation got upgraded. Is this normal? We were both on the same PNR, no splitting, no funny business. Upgrade confirmed at gate at T-20 minutes or so.

The flight was also oversold and appeared to have two inoperable seats in F.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 12:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by AAExecPlatFlier
Somehow it must have been set to split if only one upgrade is avail. Check to see if u now have 2 PNRs cause 2 people can’t be in different classes in 1 PNR.

My app had both of our names. First line was my name seat 3A and second line was companion name seat 10B (on an E175).

Now that the flights are over I don't know how to look at the PNR of a completed itinerary. Unfortunately I didn't purchase the flight so we don't have ticket numbers, and the paper tickets have been thrown away. Oh well.

For the current thread please click or press here.

Last edited by JDiver; May 24, 2019 at 8:51 am Reason: Add Moderator note

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.