Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Missing miles: how long to post, what to do etc. (master thread)

Old Sep 5, 2015, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
"I'm missing miles from _____." "How long does it take for my miles from ____ to post?" Etc.
Note: AA IT often carries out batch processes on the weekends. This could mean:
  • You might find your account miles, etc. with zero totals for a few hours over the weekend.

• Partner miles earned near the weekend might not post until the following weekend
Some partner miles might take longer than it would for AA flights. It is always advised to try to assure your AA Frequent Flyer Number is on your boarding passes, and we always advise retaining your boarding passes (or take screen shots of e-boarding passes) until your instruments have all posted.

If you flew on a partner airline, be sure of your earning rates; see here to verify if you were eligible to earn miles, and to see if they were Elite Qualifying or merely Redeemable miles. Also see: this link to the missing miles claim form.

Dear JDiver,

Thanks for visiting AA.com. This email confirms that your AAdvantage(R) mileage credit request for your itinerary has been received as follows:

Passenger(s) :

Ticket Number : 001-1234567890

Code:
Airline	Flight Date	Flight	Origin	Destination	Cabin
 American Airlines	2015-08-08	1234	AAA	BB 	First
We will verify your flight information and post the eligible miles to your account. If you check your account balance via AA.com, please allow up to 10 days for AA flights and 30 days for partner airline flights to appear in your account.

If you have any immediate concerns regarding your account, please contact AAdvantage Customer Service.

You can now access your travel information wherever you are with the new mobile version of AA.com.

AA.com
American Airlines

See the AAdvantage FAQs:

3. Earning Miles

Q: How do I receive mileage credit?
A: Remember to include your AAdvantage number when you book or shop with AAdvantage partners. You should keep your receipts and boarding passes until you see the credit on aa.com/myaccount. If credit does not appear, you can request missing flight miles. For non-airline missing miles, visit our missing mileage credit page for a list of partner contacts.

Q: Can I earn miles for someone else's activity or earn credit in more than one loyalty program?
A: Only the person who flies, stays or rents earns miles. For example, even if you paid for your son's ticket, your son would earn the miles. And you can only earn credit in one loyalty program at a time.
FAQ

Q. What do I do if a flight hasnt posted?

If it has been longer than two days, you can fill out the missing miles form online here. (Requires your AA FFN and ticket number.) Partner airlines may require a longer wait time.

But, some airlines have known issues with certain eligible fares posting. See

AY / Finnair ineligible flights for AAdvantage mileage accrual glitch

and

Earning AA AAdvantage Miles on CX / Cathay (including Upgrade Issues)

Q. What can I do for non-flight partner miles that havent posted?

See this AA guide with links here.

Alternatively, contact AAdvantage Customer Service

Within the U.S. and Canada:800-882-8880 or your elite reservation number, Monday Friday 8 a.m. 7 p.m. (CT)

Outside the U.S. and Canada see here.
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 5, 2009, 6:03 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis

"I'm missing miles from _____." "How long does it take for my miles from ____ to post?" Etc.

Note: AA IT often carries out batch processes on the weekends. This could mean:
  • You might find your account miles, etc. with zero totals over the weekend.

• Partner miles earned near the weekend might not post until the following weekend
Some partner miles might take longer than it would for AA flights; US miles might post as partner flights through October 16.

See the AAdvantage FAQs:

3. Earning Miles

Q: How do I receive mileage credit?
A: Remember to include your AAdvantage number when you book or shop with AAdvantage partners. You should keep your receipts and boarding passes until you see the credit on aa.com/myaccount. If credit does not appear, you can request missing flight miles. For non-airline missing miles, visit our missing mileage credit page for a list of partner contacts.

Q: Can I earn miles for someone else's activity or earn credit in more than one loyalty program?
A: Only the person who flies, stays or rents earns miles. For example, even if you paid for your son's ticket, your son would earn the miles. And you can only earn credit in one loyalty program at a time.

Last edited by JDiver; Oct 14, 2015 at 11:22 pm Reason: Move most to wiki
Old Feb 5, 2014, 6:00 am

Programs: AA EXP IC RA Marriott Plat
Missing mileage credit status link

It appears that the link to check on the status of a missing mileage credit request no longer exists at aa.com. If it does, I'm unable to find it.

Can someone confirm? Or better yet, post the link?
Old Feb 5, 2014, 6:19 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Still there for me: https://www.aa.com/AAdvantage/reques...reditAccess.do

--------------------

As AAdvantage is still operating as a distinct programme, this question is being moved over to the pre-merger American Airlines forum.

Please note the sticky at the top of the consolidated thread which is titled Welcome to the New American Airlines Forum! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING. With all of the changes about, it is important to know where to post, and reading that thread before posting (as the title suggests ) will help get you in the right place.

~Moderator
Old Feb 5, 2014, 7:01 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, HH Gold, MR Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Microwave
This appears to be the page to request mileage credit. Is there also, on somewhere on this page, a way to check requested mileage credit already in process?
Old Feb 5, 2014, 8:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by HUB Flyer
This appears to be the page to request mileage credit. Is there also, on somewhere on this page, a way to check requested mileage credit already in process?
Ah it seems I read the OP too quickly, I thought luckadoo was asking about the link to request credit not check the status. I am not aware of a way to check status online, and I also don't recall there ever having been a way to do this, or at least not for the last 6 years or so. I have one request that's been outstanding for more than a month so far and have been meaning to follow up. I'll probably give it another couple of weeks and then get in touch. I'd imagine that the weather and merger changes aren't making things any easier for folks at AA so I'm trying my best to be patient.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 6:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP IC RA Marriott Plat
I am almost positive that there used to be a link that let you check on the status.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 8:24 pm
tt7

Originally Posted by luckadoo
I am almost positive that there used to be a link that let you check on the status.
You are correct - there used to be a link. However, it appears to have disappeared of late - I was looking for it a few weeks ago and found that it had disappeared (and unfortunately couldn't remember the syntax of the url that it generated when you clicked on it).
Old Feb 6, 2014, 3:14 am

Perhaps the UK site has never had it but the US has? Weird, I don't ever remember seeing such a link.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 3:39 pm

Missing miles - strange

I completed a 4 leg round trip this week, mix of 2 AA and 2 US flights but all booked through US on 1 itinerary. Only 3 show up in my US points history, kind of strange.

Last edited by JDiver; Sep 5, 2015 at 1:53 pm Reason: Restore original post content
Old Mar 1, 2014, 6:27 pm

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
Keep your boarding passes, wait a few more days, and if the flight doesn't show up contact the airline on which you requested mileage credit.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 9:23 pm

Just passed the 5 day wait period and filled out a missing miles request. I hope whoever looks at it does a thorough job as 3 of 4 segments on the ticket posted fine. I'll let you know how it goes. I don't think AA and US ticket systems are fully integrated yet
Old Mar 4, 2014, 12:55 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Segment posting has been less than desirable.

I had a six-segment round trip last week (outbound on tuesday on one PNR and return on friday on a second PNR).

One segment (the first segment which was a US segment and one that I was upgraded on using my US Gold status) has posted. The two subsequent AA segments have not. Nor have any of the three segments on the return - including a segment flown on US but with a AA flight number (a Shuttle flight).

I won't get into the 50% bonus issue.....
Old Mar 4, 2014, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by Chrisdg19006
I completed a 4 leg round trip this week, mix of 2 AA and 2 US flights but all booked through US on 1 itinerary. Only 3 show up in my US points history, kind of strange.
Please share which programme to which you are trying to credit, Dividend Miles or AAdvantage.

~Moderator
Old May 14, 2014, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Still waiting on AA credit one month after RJ flight. Faxed in boarding passes/receipts a week ago, but havent heard. Does anyone have experience on how long the fax-in method works with AA?
Old May 14, 2014, 10:09 am

Programs: AA/UA/DL
US code operated by AA.

I have finished a round trip itinerary 1.5 month ago.
I got my return 2 segments credited to AAdvantage but not the outbound.
I sent the online request form and one of my boarding passes (can't find the other.) by email. Still waiting for the miles.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.