Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

OBSOLETE: AA contacts for complaint / complaints information (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2013, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
THIS THREAD IS OBSOLETE

SEE: Contacting the combined AA/US Customer Relations [2015 - master thread]

Christopher Elliott also says "American says e-mailing its executives is the slowest way to get a response from the carrier. Slower than sending it a letter. Slower than using a carrier pigeon." He has offered these titles, but we are updating them here:

Primary contact

Jonathan Snook
Senior Vice President – Customer Service, American Airlines
[email protected]
(817) 963-1234
"Jonathan D. Snook was appointed Senior Vice President – Customer Service in January 2013, and is responsible for managing all aspects of American’s global team focused on the customer experience, from reservations and airport operations to inflight service and baggage handling."

Sean Bentel
Manager, customer relations
(817) 967-2116
[email protected]

Secondary contact (*)
Mark Mitchell
Managing director, customer experience
(817) 931-7523
[email protected]

Chief executive (*)
Thomas A. Horton
President and chief executive officer
(817) 963-1234
[email protected]

Suzanne L. Rubin
Vice President – Customer Insights and Loyalty & President – AAdvantage Loyalty Program, American Airlines

Jim Moses
Managing Director, Premium Services at American Airlines
(replaced Nancy Knipp; previously Managing Director Passenger Service at MIA)

Updated 3 May 2013
[/FONT][/COLOR]
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2011, 12:17 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

Generally speaking, the complaints process is supposed to go to aa.com and use the provided form e-mail. (Select "Contact AA", resulting in a popup box, with options; select Customer Relations and from there Compliment/Complaint/Comment. That in turn will offer links for e-mail forms to be filled out.

Or, merely use this link to the e-mail form to Customer Relations directly. You can also try e-mailing [email protected] yourself.

It is suggested you try the form first. If the form fails to provide an appropriate or satisfactory response to your complaint, or if you want to contact AA about a specific issue you wish to inform management about, you should proceed by reading further and finding the appropriate person or department and method, carefully prepare your well-thought out complaint or communication and go on.

Always ask for a reply - this will generally be a form acknowledging receipt.

The xxx will also reveal "snail-mail" and courier options:

Address:

American Airlines
http://www.aa.com
American Airlines Headquarters
4333 Amon Carter Boulevard
Fort Worth, TX 76155
Telephone: (817) 963-1234
Toll-free number: (800) 433-7300
Fax: (817) 963-9641

Customer Relations "AA Customer Relations invites customers to send comments or inquiries via mail or email." (sic)

U.S. Mail
American Airlines Customer Relations
P.O. Box 619612 MD 2400
DFW Airport, TX 75261-9612

Overnight Mail
American Airlines Customer Relations
4255 Amon Carter Blvd. MD 2400
Fort Worth, TX 76155-2603

How to get through to an operator:
Dial 00, then say “agent”.

Baggage Department: (800) 535-5225
How to get through to an operator:
Press 1 then press 0 twice.

Resources for those contemplating complaints or comments:

Page link with departments and resources.

Page link to American Airlines, AMR and American Eagle Senior Officers, including personal profiles (listings may not be always up to date).

Page link to list of corporate officers, etc.

Link AA's Conditions of Carriage, the contract governing AA's provisions of service they unilaterally impose on you when you buy a ticket, etc. (even if you haven't a clue what it says). This flyer says, "Read it!"

Link to AA's Customer Commitment - an idealized statement of how they would like to be seen.

Link to AA International General Rules AA1 (Tariff, etc.)

Link to U.S. - Canada General Rules CGR1

Link to U. S. Department of Transportation Aviation Consumer Protection and Enforcement page, including information on how to file a complaint with USDOT, rules, etc.

Link to European Union Mobility and Transport page, including links to EU air travel passenger rights, complaint forms, etc.

Link to AA Corporate Website, list of officers and senior managers.

Link to AA Corporate Management website - includes link above, and Biographical information, etc. (which specific responsibilities are included). (For example, the Vice President, Onboard Service has direct responsibility for Flight Service, In-flight Products, Food and Beverage and Duty Free operations, including all Flight Attendants; President AAdvantage® Loyalty Program oversees all AAdvantage-related issues.

For more American Airlines-related egregious issues or those that may have not been replied to satisfactorily, Christopher Elliott's onyoursi.de site has a page here with consumer contacts - see the wikipost above, but be aware they may not always be completely up to date, as AA has made numerous changes recently.

You may also want to Google for specific names, as AA does not always update their information in a timely manner. I have moved the list of contact names to the wikipost, it can be updated by ANYONE who has signed in to FlyerTalk, which is why I have moved these to the wikipost.

Some suggestions from FT members for those considering using the written word include:
  • Include the ticket number(s) - PNRs recycle, ticket numbers are the "gold standard"
  • Be complete, but be succinct and specific
  • If you expect compensation, spell out what you think would be fair
  • Check your emotions - "care, but not too much"
  • Refrain from the use of hyperbole, from bloviating or exaggerating
  • You may want to write it out before you send it, for perspective
For scale, check the listed American AAdvantage Forum threads and tools:

Wiki page regarding compensation and listing some examples here

Long-running guide to compensation thread here

Lost baggage thread here

IDB (Involuntary Denied Boarding) compensation etc. here

VDB (Vountary Denied Boarding) / Bump rates here

This information has been added to its own page in the Wiki by hillrider - link.

Updated list of AA / AMR Corporate Structure here.

Last edited by JDiver; May 3, 2013 at 9:37 am Reason: edit / update complaint resources
Old Aug 5, 2011, 8:59 am

Sending in complaints

So I have a complaint, and its been my first one that I feel is worth writing in about. I take almost everything in stride, but this was one of the most miserable flights I've been on.

What email address(es) do you guys email and who do you contact based on the severity of the complaint? I don't think this needs to go to AArpy, but I'd like someone to actually read the complaint and take it seriously.

Thanks!
Old Aug 5, 2011, 9:06 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
aa.com has a selection of depts w/contact info under "contact us" or similar...

for a specific suggestion, post your compliant....you may get some help....good luck...
Old Aug 5, 2011, 9:42 am

If it is a very serous complaint you can also send it corporate in Dallas, TX.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

Your inquiry has been merged into the newish complaints contact thread. We hope this is helpful and provides some ideas and contact possibilities.

Originally Posted by silam
So I have a complaint, and its been my first one that I feel is worth writing in about. I take almost everything in stride, but this was one of the most miserable flights I've been on.

What email address(es) do you guys email and who do you contact based on the severity of the complaint? I don't think this needs to go to AArpy, but I'd like someone to actually read the complaint and take it seriously.

Thanks!
Old Aug 5, 2011, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

JDiver,

This is fantastic reference material. I've wiki-ized it at http://flyerguide.com/wiki/index.php/Complaints_(AA) (with full credit, of course!).

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 6, 2011 at 10:46 am Reason: edit URL to work
Old Aug 5, 2011, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Credit? hillrider deserves lots of credit for "Wiki-izing" and providing years of information and support to this Forum. ^

Originally Posted by hillrider
JDiver,

This is fantastic reference material. I've wiki-ized it at http://flyerguide.com/wiki/index.php/Complaints_(AA)) (with full credit, of course!).

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 6, 2011 at 10:40 am
Old Aug 6, 2011, 9:08 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by hillrider
JDiver,

This is fantastic reference material. I've wiki-ized it at http://flyerguide.com/wiki/index.php/Complaints_(AA) (with full credit, of course!).
Thanks to both JDiver and hillrider!

Bad link in hillrider's post corrected above.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

Thanks! I in turn edited the posts above to insert that correction. We all help each other - it's what FT's all about.

Originally Posted by ashill
Thanks to both JDiver and hillrider!

Bad link in hillrider's post corrected above.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 7:51 am
Original Member

Programs: AA PLT, ICH Plat
Need A Next Step

Myself and SO (also EXP) sent a joint letter to AA Customer Relations- and received a reply from Barry R. at AA Customer Relations- wherein it was apparent that he did NOT understandable what I was saying in my letter.

There have been other posts where replies from Barry R., fared the same- missing the point of the letter.

I then sent a letter to Sean Bentel, Manager, Customer Relations - attaching original letters and complaining that letter from Barry ignored my points completely.

I then get another email from Barry R. at AA Customer Relations- where he says:

Thank you for contacting us again. I'm sorry that you are still unhappy with us. The intention of my previous response was to convey sincere concern for your dissatisfaction. I regret that I failed to effectively express this sentiment. As a result of your most recent communication, a complete review of this situation has been accomplished. In doing so, we carefully considered your perspective, while taking into account our related and applicable company policies and procedures.

After careful consideration, our original position remains unchanged. It seems the basis of our disagreement is over the lengths to which a company should go to comply with a customer's request regardless of the related aspects of the situation. I am sorry to disappoint you further.

Sincerely,

Barry R.
Customer Relations
American Airlines

AAGAIN- totally missed the point of the 2nd letter. I want some acknowledgement that they understood my letter.

Any siggestions for next step? Two EXPs are entitled to a response that at least tells them that someone with intellegnce read their letter.

THANKS

Last edited by JDiver; Mar 12, 2012 at 7:24 pm Reason: redacted last name for privacy (TOS #69)
Old Aug 10, 2011, 9:28 am

Programs: American Airlines EXP 1.99 MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, IHG Plat Ambassador, UA 1K
There is always the option of calling EXP desk and asking to be transferred to Customer Relations. Perhaps speaking to Barry on the telephone would be helpful.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

This thread's OP has been updated with some new resource links.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 1:47 pm

Programs: AAdvantge; AmEx Plat; SPG; Hilton HHonors
Don't know if this is the proper place, but searching for compliments gets me here. Is there literally nowhere else but this generic contact form to submit a legitimate compliment? Perhaps I've been ruined by mediocre service, but when I feel I get great service, I want to make sure that the employee(s) is (are) recognized for it. I make note of names of who gives above-par service, and I've always wondered if they think I'm asking to complain (which I assume this generic form, and, again, assumedly, lack of feedback to said employees might cause.)

Feel free (of course) to move wherever this probably belongs.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Starwood PLT
Helpful. But I'm the type who grumbles and envisions writing long angry complaints about broken, filthy seats, surly flight attendants or poor audio while on the plane but once I deplane I don't bother.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 10:06 pm

Programs: RC Gold, Hilton DIA, AA Gold, iPrefer, Hyatt Plat
Angry Flight Attendant shoved my 9 year-old daughter

Don't know if this is something that has been dealt with before...

We were in Chicago waiting for the plane. My 4th grader and toddler were with us. Both were not at the gate; standing to the far side of the general walkway in the terminal. An AA Flight Attendant walked past and as she did she reached out and physically shoved my daughter to the side. I was in the restroom and my wife saw the whole thing. Not believing what she saw she told me 30 seconds later, and was extremely upset over it; she could not "pursue" the flight attendant or get her name, because it would have meant leaving the children. I looked for her but by that time she was in the crowd and gone. Wife is former flight attendant and we know the difference between brushing by and shoving and she knows the uniform well. The thing is, the flight attendant was not even in a hurry. We said something to our gate, K9 at ORD, and the AA flight attendant said even without a name, go ahead and report it. We have used American for years and are completely surprised by this behavior. Should I write this one in, or just let it go? Seems very poor form to wear the uniform and shove a child when it was not crowded at all; she simply was "in the way" I suppose. Frustrated, but reasonable...help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.