Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: San Francisco / SFO: AA /Admirals Club (in T2 as of 14 April 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2015, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This is the archived thread of AA SFO Admirals Club as it was planned to move to its new location in Terminal 2.

The current, active thread is: SFO / San Francisco T-2 Admirals Club (master thread)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2010, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: EXP,EX-CK 2.5mm, now lifetime Platinum, ex-UA1K, Marriott- Platinum, Hertz 5*

I know there has been speculation that AA might move to the newly remodeled terminal 2 at SFO.
This morning two Aangels at the AC confirmed the club and all the gates are moving in March 2011!
I think this is great news for us SFO flyers!

I hadn't seen this on FT so wanted to share.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODERATOR'S NOTE

Several members have reported hearing that AA plans to move to SFO T2 on April 14, 2011. The AA ticketing area is in the north counters, Virgin America the south counters (ex PR area).

The Terminal 2 Grand (re)Opening and Admirals Club preview occurred April 9, 2011. <link>

aa.com map of Terminal with Admirals Club location link

Priority security line is to your LEFT, and there are two nude boxes set up for the non-Priority queues on your right.

Originally Posted by Trustguy
Signs are up in SFO T3 AC today -- old club closed at noon on April 13th (2011) and reopened in T2 on the 14th (April).
Moderator's emphasis and parentheticals.

dstan & JDiver
AA Forum Co-Moderators

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 11, 2011 at 7:25 am Reason: update and mod notes
Old Apr 19, 2010, 10:56 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by goldengate
I know there has been speculation that AA might move to the newly remodeled terminal 2 at SFO.
This morning two Aangels at the AC confirmed the club and all the gates are moving in March 2011!
I think this is great news for us SFO flyers!

I hadn't seen this on FT so wanted to share.
Which I was told by the AC Angels will include an AC with showers.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
Excellent!
Old Apr 19, 2010, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Outstanding!
Wonder how many gates and whether we might see new routes?
Old Apr 19, 2010, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

About T2:

http://www.flysfo.com/web/page/about/T2/about_t2/

SFO’s Domestic Terminal 2 will be home to San Francisco based Virgin America. The Airport is currently negotiating with other airlines, and additional carriers will be announced once agreements are reached.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 11:19 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Yeah the AC folks old me about this some time ago and the use of AA being in T2 has been in various press releases. AA has a small station at SFO, but the terminal is usually very crowded at peak times, and the AC is packed as can be. This will be a huge improvement for SFO (for a non-hub anyway) and I wonder if it will result in better time slots added/routes?
Old Apr 19, 2010, 11:19 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Well, I actually don't know T2 at all, so I don't know if the terminal area will be nicer (I can't imagine it not being so, of course ) but the AC improvement sounds great.

Cheers.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 11:27 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Gold
Nooooo! i want to use the AC when I'm flying UA!
Old Apr 19, 2010, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Totally awesome.

AA's new terminals are pretty nice, and VX is a high-quality airline, so I am sure that with them as founding tenants T2 will be well done. And SFO already has a well-deserved reputation as an airport with one of the best food programs in the nation.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 11:30 am

Woohoo! Hopefully bigger, too.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 11:32 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hillrider
And SFO already has a well-deserved reputation as an airport with one of the best food programs in the nation.
That's primarily in the international terminal, but it's very true in that case. Perhaps the revamp of T2 will result in similar quality there as well. T3 is certainly quite good by airport standards, but falls far short of the international terminal.

Cheers.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess it's old news: Googling I found an article dated 19 February at http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranci...2/story10.html

I was spot on with the food program: the names there are all pretty good, and, arguably to the exception of the Burger Joint, no junk food purveyor.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 11:37 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hillrider

I was spot on with the food program: the names there are all pretty good, and, arguably to the exception of the Burger Joint, no junk food purveyor.
You ain't kidding ^. And a Peet's, no less. T3 has one as does terminal A at SJC, and OAK as well. Bay Area airports are well supported by good coffee.

Cheers.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brp
That's primarily in the international terminal, but it's very true in that case. Perhaps the revamp of T2 will result in similar quality there as well. T3 is certainly quite good by airport standards, but falls far short of the international terminal.
T3 has Emporio Rulli Gran Caffé, Firewood Café, Fung Lum and a couple of Japanese that are pretty good, plus Anchor Brewery and Gordon Biersch for locally-crafted beer and Andalé for AmericoMex food. Many of these are the same outlets that the International terminal has, but they're deep into the UA pier (70-90 gates) and can require a bit of a walk from the Admirals Club.

I totally agree that the options around the 60s range gates (AA/AC) are by SFO standards quite pathetic but I guess we won't care about them after T2 opens.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
I too was told there will be showers. The Angels are very excited about the new club space which will be larger (thank goodness). One of the Angels is on the planning committee and describes the current design for the new AC space as similar to an "indoor zen garden".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.