Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LAX airside shuttle AA T4 <--> AS T6 inc. A Eagle >=2012 (consolidated)

Old Mar 4, 2015, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
LAX airside shuttle AA T4 <--> AS T6 inc. A Eagle as of 2012

As AS / Alaska has moved to Terminal 6, this thread will have the most current information on airside connections between AA and the AS Terminal 6 using the free shuttle bus from AA Terminal 4, as well as any changes or questions regarding the frequent airside shuttle between AA T4 and the remote Eagle terminal. See map below.[/B]

Shuttle routes shown in dashed blue lines

The old thread, which includes some posts regarding AA <--> American Eagle remote terminal shuttle, is:
LAX airside shuttle AA T4 <--> AS T3 inc. A Eagle (consolidated).

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Print Wikipost

Old Jun 27, 2012, 11:34 pm
Original Poster

Now that Alaska has moved to their new terminal I was wondering if its possible to connect to Alaska without going through security to visit the new Boardroom and then go on the Eagle flight or other AA flight?

Last edited by JDiver; Mar 4, 2015 at 4:12 pm Reason: restore original post after moving mod note to wiki
Old Jun 28, 2012, 12:50 am

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by danielonn
Now that Alaska has moved to their new terminal I was wondering if its possible to connect to Alaska without going through security to visit the new Boardroom and then go on the Eagle flight or other AA flight?
I have done the T4-T6 connection recently.
There is a shuttle bus connecting T6 (Alaska) to T4 (AA). So no need to go through security.
But the shuttle is not as frequent as the shuttle to Eagle Terminal. I think the T4-T6 shuttle runs every 20 or 30 mins.

Another thing to consider is that boarding pass is checked before getting on the shuttle. No one is allowed in the shuttle without a boarding pass showing a AS flight (if going to T6).
Old Jul 16, 2012, 8:18 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
As we have had an AMP or two about the old thread being out of date, we'll take the opportunity to bump up this one. /JDiver, Moderator
Old Jul 17, 2012, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by carlosdca
Another thing to consider is that boarding pass is checked before getting on the shuttle. No one is allowed in the shuttle without a boarding pass showing a AS flight (if going to T6).
What if, during the recent time when aa.com was selling flights on non-partner airlines (such as UA) left-and-right as connections (without you asking for them to show you those*), you booked an AA flight which connected in LAX to a non-AS flight in T6. Will a boarding pass for another airline in T6 work? (But can AA even give you an onward boarding pass on a non-partner that aa.com sold you the connection on???)

* http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-searches.html
Old Jul 17, 2012, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA PLT; SPG PLT
Am I the only one who finds that map super disorienting facing North? The horseshoe shape of LAX only makes sense with TBIT in the middle as the crown jewel of unpleasant ground experience.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 10:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by andreirublev
Am I the only one who finds that map super disorienting facing North? The horseshoe shape of LAX only makes sense with TBIT in the middle as the crown jewel of unpleasant ground experience.
I'm sure you aren't the only one. But I would find it disorienting if it wasn't facing North. I think of it as a "C."
Old Jul 17, 2012, 11:15 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by sdsearch
What if, during the recent time when aa.com was selling flights on non-partner airlines (such as UA) left-and-right as connections (without you asking for them to show you those*), you booked an AA flight which connected in LAX to a non-AS flight in T6. Will a boarding pass for another airline in T6 work? (But can AA even give you an onward boarding pass on a non-partner that aa.com sold you the connection on???)

* http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-searches.html
I don't know. And you probably have to try it out to find the answer.

My guess: NO. A non-AS boarding pass wouldn't get you access to the shuttle because the non-AS carriers (UA, etc) do not chip in for the cost of the shuttle.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by andreirublev
You may be the only one here in this thread so far. I'm used to seeing maps of LAX that show all of LAX. and often the parking/streets around it, in exactly the same orientation. I'm not sure which maps of LAX you're used to seeing.

At any rate, there are actually placements errors on the map. AA's T4 gates 42 and 43 and 44 are not where they're shown. 42 and 43 are midway in the terminal, closer perhaps to 40 and 41 than to the circle with 46-49. 44 is the departure gate for the shuttle, and is also not where 46-49 are. So it's very confusing, misleading, and wrong for it to claim 42-49 are all in the same circular cluster.

And the map mentions Hawaiian Airlines being in terminal 2, but doesn't show terminal 2's location!

Finally, air berlin is now in OW, but it's not in bold, as promised by the map legend.

Where and when did this map originate?
Old Jul 26, 2012, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
It's been a while since I connected from Eagle to AS, but I'll be doing it again tomorrow, with ~3 hours at LAX. I'm thinking that, after landing at the Eagle terminal, taking the shuttle to T4 and hang out at the AC (since I have a membership), then head over to AS which is now in T6. In the old days, getting from T4 to AS in T3 meant taking the shuttle back to the Eagle terminal and then taking the bus to T3. Is it now the case that there is a shuttle from T4 to T6?

By the way, is there an escalator to get into T6 from the shuttle stop? In T3 you had to haul your bags up the stairs.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 5:04 pm

Eagle -> T6 without AS BP can be done

I cleared standby on an earlier flight from SJC-LAX today than expected, so I knew my Avis rental wouldn't be ready yet. I saw that the AS Boardroom accepted PriorityPass and LoungeClub, so I figured I'd try to get there.

I asked one of the workers at the Eagle terminal shuttle area if I needed to show an AS BP or if I could go to T6 since I had access to the lounge. He asked another worker who shook his head, "Nope, you need a BP." Worker1 went to ask a T4 shuttle driver who said, "sure, why not -- there will be room on the bus." So, Worker1 sent me to the T6 shuttle line. When the bus came, we all boarded without being asked for BPs. Once I got to T6, I went straight for the lounge, and handed the agent my driver's license and LoungeClub card. He swiped, had me sign in, and said, "Enjoy." Didn't even ask to see my BP.

For those that say BPs are checked on the shuttle- who is supposed to do that? The driver of the bus or the guys at the Eagle terminal ushering pax to the shuttles?

The lounge was very nice... had a nice free Alaska Amber (3 free well drinks pp) and some chips and cheese. Then I realized I could call my TA to change my Avis pickup

Last edited by dmel; Aug 29, 2012 at 5:05 pm Reason: add title
Old Nov 29, 2012, 5:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Carlson/HHonors GLD, National Ex, Hertz Gld, AMEX Plat
Anyone have experience passing security at T6 but wanting to go to the T4 AC? Seems like results are mixed.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 5:36 pm

Programs: 10-year UA 1K and 2 MM, then AA EXP, now BA Silver; next stop, Kayak
Originally Posted by carlosdca
My guess: NO. A non-AS boarding pass wouldn't get you access to the shuttle because the non-AS carriers (UA, etc) do not chip in for the cost of the shuttle.
Indeed so: I was refused access to the T4 to T6 shuttle yesterday with a UA boarding pass.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Carlson/HHonors GLD, National Ex, Hertz Gld, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by someotherguy
Indeed so: I was refused access to the T4 to T6 shuttle yesterday with a UA boarding pass.
Anyone know if an AS BP would help here? Basically to take the shuttle to T4 and back?
Old Nov 29, 2012, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by dmel
When the bus came, we all boarded without being asked for BPs. Once I got to T6, I went straight for the lounge, and handed the agent my driver's license and LoungeClub card. He swiped, had me sign in, and said, "Enjoy." Didn't even ask to see my BP.

For those that say BPs are checked on the shuttle- who is supposed to do that? The driver of the bus or the guys at the Eagle terminal ushering pax to the shuttles?
At LAX, no one checks your BP when you board a bus at the Eagle terminal, but a worker does check your BP before you are allowed to board a bus in the other direction, to the Eagle terminal (at least at T4).
Old May 28, 2013, 10:26 pm

UA>A Eagle transfer on Sat.

Hi all,

This Saturday morning (6/1) I'm connecting from UA mainline to American Eagle at LAX. I have exactly 2 hours to make this connection and am thinking that my best bet is to take the T6>T4 shuttle followed by the T4>American Eagle shuttle.

Two questions:
1. Does this seem like the best plan for me? Or should I exit security, walk/bus to T4 and then take the shuttle after clearing security again?
2. Where can I catch the shuttle in Terminal 6? I can't find it on any map and am worried that UA representatives will be of no help.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.