FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Delayed Flight... Rerouted and Bumped to Coach... Compensation? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/999415-delayed-flight-rerouted-bumped-coach-compensation.html)

boston aa flyer Sep 27, 2009 3:20 pm

Delayed Flight... Rerouted and Bumped to Coach... Compensation?

So...

I bought a Business Class ticket BOS-DFW-GRU

the BOS-DFW flight has a missing piece of some sort... equipment change was going to take to long to catch my connection...

They book me BOS-MIA-GRU -- with the BOS-MIA leg in Coach...

AADmiral Club AAngel says it doesn't warrant compensation... but i find that really hard to believe...

Thoughts?

HNL Sep 27, 2009 4:01 pm

Either refuse the reroute and fly another day or airline, or take the downgrade and take it up with customer service another day.

jayer Sep 27, 2009 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by boston aa flyer (Post 12446467)
AADmiral Club AAngel says it doesn't warrant compensation... but i find that really hard to believe...

I'm confused. Meaning you were declined the fare difference for changing cabins or club person would not throw in a sweetener on-the-spot for the inconvenience?

JumboD Sep 27, 2009 4:08 pm

You are definitely entitled to compensation, especially since it was a mechanical delay (within AA's control). I'm curious, what fare category were you in? If full-fare, I wouldn't settle for anything less than the difference between a full-fare BOS-MIA first class ticket and the lowest priced coach ticket at the time you made your reservation, even if it means involving the DOT.

boston aa flyer Sep 27, 2009 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by jayer (Post 12446629)
I'm confused. Meaning you were declined the fare difference for changing cabins or club person would not throw in a sweetener on-the-spot for the inconvenience?

She just threw her hands up in the air and was like... "you should call them tomorrow when you get to Sao Paolo"

btw... stuck in MIA... sent to the Sofitel... given a "dinner" voucher and was told it was worth $10 at the hotel. Ordered a bottled water and a diet coke and still had to pay $6 more.

So glad i paid $6000 for this plane ticket.

i_fly_AA Sep 27, 2009 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by boston aa flyer (Post 12448133)
She just threw her hands up in the air and was like... "you should call them tomorrow when you get to Sao Paolo"

btw... stuck in MIA... sent to the Sofitel... given a "dinner" voucher and was told it was worth $10 at the hotel. Ordered a bottled water and a diet coke and still had to pay $6 more.

Email customer relations. They will provide compensation.

TigerWould Sep 28, 2009 1:59 am

Why are you stuck in Miami? What happened to your connection.

oklAAhoma Sep 28, 2009 3:55 am

I'm curious. Did she do that before or after she said the situation didn't warrant compensation?

AAerSTL Sep 28, 2009 6:27 am

I agree the OP is entitled to compensation. Since the OP had a paid F ticket, he/she should travel in F. I'd email Customer relations and explain the situation. I'd request a partial refund and hopefully you will get some miles as well.

boston aa flyer Sep 28, 2009 6:29 am

Stuck in Miami because the replacement plane for the original miami flight was delayed due to weather... ran like a bat out of hell... SAW the jetway fully extended... surprised they didn't hold it given there were 15 passengers on my connection.

and the hands went up in the air after she said "no comp" and i said "you're kidding, right?"

CMK10 Sep 28, 2009 2:35 pm

My EXP Father was on a mileage upgraded RDU-DFW-LAS (don't ask why he used miles) routing earlier this year. RDU-DFW became delayed and he had to be rebooked RDU-ORD-LAS in Y. They refunded him his mileage and comped him an additional 15,000 miles. If he gets that for a mileage upgrade you should get far more for a paid J ticket.

bagspacked Oct 20, 2009 9:38 pm

any update on compensation here?