Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Baggage Charges When Voluntarily Denied Boarding to Another Airline

Baggage Charges When Voluntarily Denied Boarding to Another Airline

Old Sep 28, 2009, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Well, you said "The TA rebooked me" which for most of us means the "Travel Agent" rebooked you. In which case, AA should have no obligation. If AA did, in fact, protect you onto UA, they definitely should have reimbursed the checked baggage fee; it's only fair. You could try writing to the executive offices, or else small claims court, I guess.
I took it as TA = Ticket Agent...although I suspect the OP actually meant GA.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Well, you said "The TA rebooked me" which for most of us means the "Travel Agent" rebooked you. In which case, AA should have no obligation. If AA did, in fact, protect you onto UA, they definitely should have reimbursed the checked baggage fee; it's only fair. You could try writing to the executive offices, or else small claims court, I guess.
I took TA for Travel Agent as well.

AA is contractually obligated to take you from point A to point B, and in case they fail to do so and chooses to put you on a different carrier it must be at no additional cost to you.

Definitely file a complaint with the DOT and, assuming you paid for your AA ticket with a credit card, contest with your credit card issuer the AA charge for the amount of the additional cost.

Although some part of AA have improved in the last 12 months, it appears that Customer Relations isn't on the program yet.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.