Wiki Posts
Search

New (FAKE) Admirals Club Opens at Dallas Cowboys Stadium

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2009, 2:14 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan
Original Poster

New (FAKE) Admirals Club Opens at Dallas Cowboys Stadium

So AA closed the SEA Club but opens this? Really?!?

Yet another reason to dislike the Babel Dome.
Also on Sept. 20, members of American's Admirals Club team will be on site to welcome fans in the new American Airlines Lounge at Cowboys Stadium. The lounge has been in the works for more than a year and was designed by the American Airlines Corporate Real Estate team. It is the first branded club space in the stadium to be completed.

Located on the south side Silver Level of the stadium, the lounge decor and furniture takes on subtle qualities of the Admirals Club locations that American Airlines passengers enjoy in airports around the world. The 13,000 square-foot space boasts two exclusive bars, as well as American-branded areas where fans can relax. The lounge is decorated with a retro style and deep colors and honors American's rich history. Scattered along the dark paneled wood are life-size, authentic black-and-white photos featuring classic movie stars with vintage American Airlines airplanes.

The lounge is open during stadium events to ticket holders in the surrounding Silver Level Club seats and suites (i.e., AC members not in the best seats need not attempt to darken its door).
Old Sep 19, 2009, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
I actually think this might be a good marketing idea. Of course the cost is a consideration- but it alllows for connecting with well heeled patrons in a fun environment in AA's (most?) significant market.
Old Sep 19, 2009, 2:51 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, UA 2P
Great way to insult your top customers who paid a lot for an AC membership to not let them in unless they paid the cowboys a bucket of money
Old Sep 19, 2009, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
I actually think this might be a good marketing idea.
Then why not put one in the American Airlines Center, which hosts up to 20,000 people, 200+ nights/year?

Also, there are at least eight other clubs (and a football game) vying for the attention of these well-heeled patrons.
Old Sep 19, 2009, 3:02 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Can I get someone to host me in?
Old Sep 19, 2009, 4:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP 14M, UA-1K, AS-MVP Gold, DL-PL, CO-PL, EK-Gold, BA-Gold, HH-D, SPG-PL
Smile

My company has a suite at the stadium. I'm here in Dallas for the game on Sunday. I will check it out and post some pics. Can anyone tell me how to post pics?

I'm using my Jet Blue all you can fly pass Sep8-Oct8. I flew JFK/AUS, Jet Blue and purchased AA AUS/DFW, same on return.
Old Sep 19, 2009, 5:09 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
You can actually only post included links to photos already posted elsewhere on the net. Copy the link, use the little logo with mountains in the post menu (as you would to insert a web link with the earth / chain logo) and proceed as you would with a link, and Bob's your uncle.

Some photos would be interesting indeed!

Originally Posted by TigerWould
My company has a suite at the stadium. I'm here in Dallas for the game on Sunday. I will check it out and post some pics. Can anyone tell me how to post pics?

I'm using my Jet Blue all you can fly pass Sep8-Oct8. I flew JFK/AUS, Jet Blue and purchased AA AUS/DFW, same on return.
Old Sep 19, 2009, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by dayone
So AA closed the SEA Club but opens this? Really?!?

Yet another reason to dislike the Babel Dome.
Also on Sept. 20, members of American's Admirals Club team will be on site to welcome fans in the new American Airlines Lounge at Cowboys Stadium. The lounge has been in the works for more than a year and was designed by the American Airlines Corporate Real Estate team. It is the first branded club space in the stadium to be completed.

Located on the south side Silver Level of the stadium, the lounge decor and furniture takes on subtle qualities of the Admirals Club locations that American Airlines passengers enjoy in airports around the world. The 13,000 square-foot space boasts two exclusive bars, as well as American-branded areas where fans can relax. The lounge is decorated with a retro style and deep colors and honors American's rich history. Scattered along the dark paneled wood are life-size, authentic black-and-white photos featuring classic movie stars with vintage American Airlines airplanes.

The lounge is open during stadium events to ticket holders in the surrounding Silver Level Club seats and suites (i.e., AC members not in the best seats need not attempt to darken its door).
This is probably done so the executives get their FREE excellent seats to the games, courtesy of AA.
There are better ways for AA to spend their $.
Old Sep 19, 2009, 7:10 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club

That would be interesting. To post pics, follow these simple steps:

1. Snap some shots with your digital camera, then connect the camera/memory card to your computer.

2. Register for an account at www.photobucket.com (or another image hosting site).

3. Upload the pictures from your camera/memory card to the image hosting website.

4. Copy the IMG links and paste them into your post. If your pictures are too large, use the resizing tool.

5. Wait for compliments (and envy) from fellow FTers.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 9:32 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)

I'll be there too. If you guest me into the suite, I'll show you on the spot.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Didn't SWA used to be the "official airline" of the Dallas Cowboys? Wonder if the Cowboys charter with AA? Jerry certainly doesn't as he can fly around in Gulfstream N1DC.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Gulfs...G-V/1218081/M/

Ah well more importantly now we just need to hope that the Gents thoroughly humiliate the Cowboys tonight and spoil the party at Jerryworld.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 11:15 am
Suspended

I questions how much value these sponsorship deals such as a theatre in NY, the MIA and DFW stadiums bring and this AC.

IMHO I would much rather see AA put the millions of dollars on these sponsorships into better cleaning, better dispatch staffing. It seems like a waste of money for a company that is focused on cutting expenses.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Herb687
Ah well more importantly now we just need to hope that the Gents thoroughly humiliate the Cowboys tonight and spoil the party at Jerryworld.
A good thought, although I'm sure that you meant the "Jints."
Team nicknames: Big Blue Wrecking Crew, Big Blue, G-Men and the Jints.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA Gold, *wood Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
Looks like the "FAKE" Cowboys showed up at the new palace tonight.

Doesn't help that the quarterback is this generation's version of Danny White.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL GLD, STARWOOD GLD, HH SLVR, HYATT GLD, GPP SLVR
Originally Posted by zipadee
Doesn't help that the quarterback is this generation's version of Danny White.
Do you always steal your material from Sunday Night Football? They just made that comparison not 20 minutes ago......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.