FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

New $10 tax to Europe?

deleted--posted in wrong forum

Please see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/newss...te-travel.html

Last edited by hillrider; Sep 10, 2009 at 3:11 pm
Old Sep 10, 2009, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, HHonors Diamond
When will politicians understand that just because Europeans will be responsible for remitting the tax doesn't mean they will pay the economic cost of the tax?

This is as stupid as assuming that just because there is a 10 percent sales tax, you are actually paying 10 percent more than without the tax. Much, if not all of this tax will be passed on to US airlines (and to us) through reduced ticket prices to compensate for the tax.

If anyone cares to, you can read about why this is a weird way of thinking about taxation here.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 2:15 pm
Suspended

This topic has been discussed extensively in a number of threads on FTalk believe it or not, and I fail to see how that is related specifically or even indirectly to AA.

Nobody likes taxes ..but perhaps the the OP can point me to any thread which he participated and indicated he was in the slight concerned about the much higher (perhaps double digit multiples) increases and more than one such in recent years, put in place by BAA which in fact affects AA pax to a much greater extent.

Perhaps UK politicians are smart but our home grown ones are asinine?

mike
Old Sep 10, 2009, 2:41 pm

May I add something related to this thread....

Passengers face new tax to halt rise in air travel
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6826794.ece

Phil & Liz

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.