Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2009, 8:34 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by n3farious
I recieved an email from AA...A total of x,xxx additional elite-status qualifying miles have been added to your account based on flight activity posted between October 25, 2009, and November 21, 2009....After loggin to in check (confirm) my YTD Elite Qualitying Miles I see no change in my balance.
What as been happening with me is that DEQM bonus posts first and the email arrives several days later.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by n3farious
I recieved an email from AA late this afternoon stating that - Your Double Elite-Status Qualifying Miles Have Posted To Your AAdvantage® Account

A total of x,xxx additional elite-status qualifying miles have been added to your account based on flight activity posted between October 25, 2009, and November 21, 2009.

After loggin to in check (confirm) my YTD Elite Qualitying Miles I see no change in my balance.

Anyone else?
As you can easily see upthread (and in the thread that discussed the Spring DBEQM promo), it is impossible to track without using a spreadsheet. There are three independent events for each segment:
1. Segment posts.
2. Bonus EQMs post in a batch for many past flights.
3. E-mail arrives.

Since no detail posts with #2, the only way to keep track is with a spreadsheet. Without it, you'll just have to take AA's word for it.

If you have a spreadsheet and have been tracking this in an OCD manner like most of us, call.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 9:56 pm

Programs: I fly too much and stay at too many hotels
Absolutely agree. Got my e-mail today. Was expecting over 7k miles and saw only 3k. The problem is that all sweeps are based on posting date, not flown date. It seems my posting date only includes flown through 11//03. Back to the spreadsheet and a possible call to AA.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 6:59 am

Programs: AA-3MM-ExPLT
Originally Posted by MM983
Might as well have a little fun with this.

I'm going to go with Saturday, January 2, 2010 as the date for the final batch run.
Nah, it posted on the 29th through the 21st, 8 days, so I'm going for

(drum roll)

23 Dec 2009

-----Burton
Old Dec 2, 2009, 9:57 am

Okay. I'll cast my vote. December 26 with last flight on the 16th.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 10:21 am
arc

Programs: AA ExPt 1MM, SPG Au
Originally Posted by MM983
Might as well have a little fun with this.

I'm going to go with Saturday, January 2, 2010 as the date for the final batch run.
You are correct. One of my flights didn't show up in the most recent posting, so I emailed AAdvantage Customer Relations, and they emailed back indicating that the last DEQM posting will be on January 2, 2010.

Does that mean those DEQM's won't count towards this year's status qualification? If so, I'm going to be a mite touch irritated, inasmuch as I've bought tickets for the only two weekends I had open during the DEQM period specifically for the purpose of making ExPt that aren't going to get me squat ...
Old Dec 2, 2009, 10:23 am
arc

Programs: AA ExPt 1MM, SPG Au
Originally Posted by arc
Does that mean those DEQM's won't count towards this year's status qualification? If so, I'm going to be a mite touch irritated, inasmuch as I've bought tickets for the only two weekends I had open during the DEQM period specifically for the purpose of making ExPt that aren't going to get me squat ...
*sheepish grin* I guess it would help if I read all of the email before jumping to logical questions ...

Originally Posted by AAdvantage Customer Relations
The next scheduled posting for the DBLEQ promotion is January 2, 2009
for all flight flown between November 16, 2009 and December 15, 2009.
This activity once it posts will count as qualifying activity for 2009.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 12:07 pm

Programs: United GS, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by arc
I think it has been discussed many many times yet here it is once more

"Date on which the miles are posted including DBEQM does not matter, what matters is the the date of the flight. So if your flight was in 2009, regardless of when the EQM/DBEQMs posit, it will count towards your 2009 qualification"
Old Dec 2, 2009, 12:16 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I will end the year with over 150,000 (no matter when the last batch of dbleq post). It would be nice if aa would let me (and others in the same situation) carry the excess over 125,000 into 2010. [I read somewhere that DL allows pax to do this.]
Old Dec 2, 2009, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 1MM, UA 1P, HH Gold, HGVC
That would be fantastic since I'll end at around 177,000. Never happen though.

Others have suggested maybe trying to call and wangle an extra 2 VIP's out of them, depending how far over the 125k mark you are. I plan to give it a shot and see what happens, fully expecting a "no." YMMV.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 4:41 pm

Double Elite-Qualifying Miles Question

I'm sure it's here somewhere, but I have searched and did not find the answer.

Now than I'm Gold, does the 500 mile minimum mileage count as double towards Elite Quifying miles in this promo?

Thanks
Old Dec 2, 2009, 4:50 pm

yes it does
Old Dec 3, 2009, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by funnyman1515
That would be fantastic since I'll end at around 177,000. Never happen though.

Others have suggested maybe trying to call and wangle an extra 2 VIP's out of them, depending how far over the 125k mark you are. I plan to give it a shot and see what happens, fully expecting a "no." YMMV.
I just called to the EXP number and I was told by the rep that for any additional 25K above the required 125K I would get another set of 2 VIPs as part of the promo....anyone else have gotten the same answer?. I am currently at 145K for the year but will end around 175K.
Cheers
Old Dec 3, 2009, 5:44 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by pepiny2k
I just called to the EXP number and I was told by the rep that for any additional 25K above the required 125K I would get another set of 2 VIPs as part of the promo....anyone else have gotten the same answer?. I am currently at 145K for the year but will end around 175K.
Cheers
You were given incorrect information, at least as far as the promotion goes- that is not part of it. Some folks have reported getting extra SWUs (the new name for them) for going "above and beyond," but this is not official in any way.

Cheers.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 9:12 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, HHonors DIA, Fairmont GLD they make me feel special!
a question about DEQM miles and SWU's
If I am not mistaken, aren't SWU's taken out of your account once you get on the plane and fly? Therefore, since I know I am going to get 4 additional SWU's (and may be deposited in April 2010 according to aa.com - or does someone else know anything else when they will be deposited), am I allowed to go ahead and book a trip using those 4 anticipated SWU's that I will get - even though I am travelling after that date - and after the SWU's will be deposited to my account?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.