Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2010, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BMI Blueplus
SWU

Became EXP today as well after 6 return trips from Europe to the USA.
Any idea when the eVIP's will post and where I can check my balance (view my upgrades?)? I have an upcoming flight to Florida on the 16th, would be good to ad one asap.

Thanks
Old Jan 2, 2010, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Sebastiaen
Became EXP today as well after 6 return trips from Europe to the USA. Any idea when the eVIP's will post and where I can check my balance (view my upgrades?)?
My eVIPs posted within a day of achieving EXP.
Yes, they will show in a separate section just below your sticker balances in "View My Upgrades".
Old Jan 2, 2010, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BMI Blueplus
Originally Posted by SFO777
My eVIPs posted within a day of achieving EXP.
Yes, they will show in a section just below your sticker balances in View My Upgrades.
Thank you !
Old Jan 2, 2010, 5:27 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sebastiaen
Became EXP today as well after 6 return trips from Europe to the USA.
Any idea when the eVIP's will post and where I can check my balance (view my upgrades?)? I have an upcoming flight to Florida on the 16th, would be good to ad one asap.

Thanks
Upgrade balances are displayed on aa.com > AAdvantaqge > My Account > View My Upgrades
Old Jan 2, 2010, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA Gold, *wood Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
Also I don't have the email yet but AA lady said the emails are going out in the next day or two.
Old Jan 2, 2010, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by aspex
I'm not confident in either my calculations or AA. In fact, AA always seems to add more miles than I expect. So hopefully this works out and my MR to BNA wasn't a waste of time. I need my DBEQM to make 100k+ to requal.
Originally Posted by nonesuch flyer
AA added more miles than I expected also ... then I realized that I may computing based on miles traveled and ignoring 500 mile minimum for PLT. However I have never been able to get an exact match between my calulations and theirs?
Y'all obviously have inferior math skills. In 6 years of maintaining an Excel worksheet I have never had any difference between my totals and AA's totals, except for unexpected "bank errors" on AA's part (such as getting rebooked in a higher fare class, etc.).

Originally Posted by zipadee
Just spoke to AA customer service rep. She said the miles are rolling through today. She didn't think my miles had posted but based on the total she told me most if not all my miles were there (going to check their math versus mine and see how they compare and will update). She said the person before me didn't have any miles. And the person before me had all theirs (and they had flown SYD to Panama City (don't think FLA LOL) to Spain. A FT here?)
Maybe it's me, but I have no idea what you are saying here. Who is the "person before you?" Who is the second "person before you?" Why is the AA rep telliing you about all these other people? I am very confused.

I'm happy! Thanks to DBLEQ requalified by skin skin of my chinny chin chin. Hopefully the Christmas Day Detroit bombing attempt and economy and AA's recent woes mean yet another spring double mile promotion. Making PLAT is one of my goals for 2010!
I guess it was a good thing there was a bombing attempt if it helps you to make PLT, right?
Old Jan 2, 2010, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Hopefully the Christmas Day Detroit bombing attempt and economy and AA's recent woes mean yet another spring double mile promotion. Making PLAT is one of my goals for 2010!
OK, that's just a little too morbidly bizarre for me.
Old Jan 2, 2010, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Five Star, Avis First
Originally Posted by vasantn
Y'all obviously have inferior math skills. In 6 years of maintaining an Excel worksheet I have never had any difference between my totals and AA's totals, except for unexpected "bank errors" on AA's part (such as getting rebooked in a higher fare class, etc.).

Maybe it's me, but I have no idea what you are saying here. Who is the "person before you?" Who is the second "person before you?" Why is the AA rep telliing you about all these other people? I am very confused.

I guess it was a good thing there was a bombing attempt if it helps you to make PLT, right?
Ha! Ha!

Vasant my friend! You woke up on the grouchy side of bed today.

Your comments are ALL correct, but you know young ones.. you have got to be patient with them.

What you need to get your mind off these youngsters is a good 18 year old single malt scotch
Old Jan 2, 2010, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by panjabi
Ha! Ha!

Vasant my friend! You woke up on the grouchy side of bed today.

Your comments are ALL correct, but you know young ones.. you have got to be patient with them.

What you need to get your mind off these youngsters is a good 18 year old single malt scotch
Good advice. I'm out of Scotch but am about to mix myself a large caipirinha. I'm sure that will improve my outlook on life!
Old Jan 2, 2010, 5:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Math skills

Originally Posted by vasantn
Y'all obviously have inferior math skills.
Never really thought of addition as math but maybe.

I havn't got a spread sheet with all my travel for the year and untill DBLEQM I could check AA's addition in my head looking at the monthly summary. My issue is that since DBLEQM I have never been quite sure what has been dbled in their run and what hasn't. The reporting on AA.com of the DBLEQM seems cryptic to me.
Old Jan 2, 2010, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by nonesuch flyer
Never really thought of addition as math but maybe.

I havn't got a spread sheet with all my travel for the year and untill DBLEQM I could check AA's addition in my head looking at the monthly summary. My issue is that since DBLEQM I have never been quite sure what has been dbled in their run and what hasn't. The reporting on AA.com of the DBLEQM seems cryptic to me.
Yeah, that's why I use a spreadsheet. The double miles overflow my memory and writing things down help with that

And in graduate school, addition and calculus are considered arithmetic.
Old Jan 2, 2010, 6:01 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
Nothing posted for me yet. Grr. I'll just leave it 'till tomorrow. IMHO AA's representation of DEQM in the account summary screen leaves a lot to be desired, especially when you factor in the year end roll-over.

- Tim
Old Jan 2, 2010, 6:11 pm

Programs: AA Gold, *wood Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by SFO777
OK, that's just a little too morbidly bizarre for me.

Sorry, I forgot I was posting on the "warm and fuzzy" FT. I'm very thankful that the Detroit incident didn't turn out to be worse. Nobody was seriously hurt. But it's happened. It's hurt airlines' stocks. The reality is it's happened and I can do nothing about it. I don't wish it happened. And hopefully it will make the US intelligence community do a better job of protecting lives.
Old Jan 2, 2010, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Finally made EXP and called to use some of my evip's to upgrade my flight to London next weekend. The agent said the upgrades won't post to my account till Monday but I'm waitlisted for both legs and chances for the upgrade look good so I'm happy.
Old Jan 2, 2010, 7:11 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
OP has been updated:

MODERATOR'S NOTES:

10/3/09 - Qualifying flights from 9/2/09 through 9/23/09 have posted.
10/31/09 - Qualifying flights from 9/24/09 through 10/21/09 have posted.
11/28/09 - Qualifying flights from 10/22/09 through 11/17/09 have posted.
12/2/09 - Qualifying flights from 11/18/09 through 12/15/09 are scheduled to post on January 2, 2010 and WILL count toward 2009 elite status qualification.
1/2/10 - Qualifying flights from 11/18/09 through 12/15/10 have posted. These EQM will NOT show up in the Current account summary as counters have been reset for 2010. However, those due for advancement to the next status level should see it reflected in their accounts now. Those due for status renewal or attaining ELTRW earning levels can confirm their final tallies in the upcoming Jan 2010 account statement, which will include 2009 totals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.