Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2009, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA LT G (1MM);DL G, UA GM
Originally Posted by MrPink
From what I've read, the bottom of the premium fare market fell out this year, while Y tickets have fallen by not as dramatically. Apparently leisure travel is making up some of the difference but not enough.
That's borne out by my having been able to book July SAVER awards to Europe in business and first on about 2 weeks' notice.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Great news, a few extra EVIP's wont/dont hurt
Old Sep 2, 2009, 2:34 pm

I searched for this, but I guess I couldn't find specific wording to answer my question. As an AA GLD, does the 500 minimum mile per segment count for EQM, or is it just RDM? I've flown LAX-SJC/SFO many times and seen the bonus, but it's kind of interspersed with other flights so it's hard to sift through Sorry if this is obvious.

This DBLEQ comes at the right time for me since I already booked two international trips to get PLT.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 2:36 pm

Programs: Grounded
I think I saw this mentioned somewhere, but I wanted to confirm:

DBLEQ miles won't count towards either lifetime miles or 500 mile upgrades?

Programs: AA, HH
"along with the opportunity to select from a list of great extra rewards in recognition of their loyalty"

It would be nice to know what these 'extra rewards are'
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Aw crap, I had already booked a mileage run to put me over the top. Well, I'm happy for the rest of you.

Mike
Old Sep 2, 2009, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
I searched for this, but I guess I couldn't find specific wording to answer my question. As an AA GLD, does the 500 minimum mile per segment count for EQM, or is it just RDM? I've flown LAX-SJC/SFO many times and seen the bonus, but it's kind of interspersed with other flights so it's hard to sift through Sorry if this is obvious.

This DBLEQ comes at the right time for me since I already booked two international trips to get PLT.
Okay. Sorry now for the noise. I sifted through my account and see that the 500 minimum miles does indeed count for EQM. Cool!
Old Sep 2, 2009, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA Gold, *wood Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
I searched for this, but I guess I couldn't find specific wording to answer my question. As an AA GLD, does the 500 minimum mile per segment count for EQM, or is it just RDM? I've flown LAX-SJC/SFO many times and seen the bonus, but it's kind of interspersed with other flights so it's hard to sift through .
Counts for EQM. they are my bread and butter.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by MrPink
I think I saw this mentioned somewhere, but I wanted to confirm:

DBLEQ miles won't count towards either lifetime miles or 500 mile upgrades?
Right, double EQUALIFYING MILES do not count towards lifetime miles. Qualifying miles are not redeemable miles which go towards your lifetime balance.

OT: There are more posts in the UA forum on AA's DEQM offer than in the AA forum.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Southwest A-List Preferred
AA's promo looks like the first domino...

http://www.united.com/page/article/0...nk=%2Feqmoffer

(this page was created and posted this AM)
Old Sep 2, 2009, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by ECOTONE
AA's promo looks like the first domino...

http://www.united.com/page/article/0...nk=%2Feqmoffer

(this page was created and posted this AM)
TRIPLE???
Old Sep 2, 2009, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by mikeef
Aw crap, I had already booked a mileage run to put me over the top. Well, I'm happy for the rest of you.

Mike
Over the top of what? It seems pretty likely that if you had MR's coming up before year's end, unless they are after 12/15, or short MR's, you'll now get double EQM on them too -- meaning if they, plus your regular travel, are over 25k EQM, then now you're looking at some kind of elite bonus as well. If you were stretching for EXP this promo (plus the other one) might well get you some extra VIP's. Or if you were stretching for PLT you'll get one of those bonuses, which are dramatically less awesome but not nothing.

And of course, don't forget you do have the option of canceling your MR and getting a voucher less change fees, which might make sense if it's really a "pure" MR, and a more longhaul one instead of a bunch of cheap back to backs. Especially relevant if you can push it to early 2010 and get a head start on next year. Or if you just would rather suck up the (assuming) $150 to avoid the hassle of flying to nowhere for no reason.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA Explat, UA 1K
So how does this work in combination with the NY Double miles promo?

Let's say a flight is 1000 miles, so we'd get 3000 redeemable miles? and 2000 Elite Qualifying miles?

Just a little side note, is there a way to check what offers you are currently registered for?

Last edited by skit53; Sep 2, 2009 at 2:56 pm
Old Sep 2, 2009, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold, Marriott PP
TRIPLE???
It does say 'up to' my guess would be its going to be slightly different T&C - possible around premium cabin fares.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 2:57 pm

Programs: Grounded
TRIPLE???
United plays a marketing trick here.

Fly F, get 150% EQM, 2x dbeqm = 300% EQMs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.