Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2009, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by veganmacrochick
So if it says AA3456 (making it up) then I'm good to go?
Thank you!!!
Yes. You purchased it on an AA flight number, and it's on AA metal, you should see double EQM pop up on the 28th.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
Yes. You purchased it on an AA flight number, and it's on AA metal, you should see double EQM pop up on the 28th.
awesome, thank you!!! I think I've found the cheapest way to get my plt for the year. yea!!!
Old Nov 4, 2009, 12:25 pm
LDR

Programs: UA 1k, AA lifetime Gold, Marriott lifetime plat
I did but as told by others here, I copied down my exact info from before the posting and there is NO change in my miles. Anyone else?
Do I need to phone? Am I missing something?
I also got the email with those dates. No change (didn't expect anything). I still have flights from the 22-24th that I have not received the double miles for. Not worried about it. I'm confident they will post next time.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by nrr
From my experience the email follows the actual posting of the miles by (possibly) several weeks--check previous statements to see any changes in eqm from this DBLEQ promo.
[It would have been much nicer if aa posted the dbleqm when the flights themselves posted as the are doing with the nyc rdm promo.]
Yea, I'm saying I got the email saying my miles posted but they aren't really in my account. I vaguely remember my other dbleq miles posting mysteriously at another time too. OH well!
Old Nov 4, 2009, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM
Originally Posted by F23Coupe
I did, too. But I'm not too worried yet as others have also not seen their DEQM's post on flights around 21 Oct or so.
Notice that the email says "based on flight activity posted between September 27, 2009, and October 24, 2009". Flights taken on Oct 22 -Oct 24 generally have not posted by Oct 24.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA Executive PLatinum CO Platinum DL Gold Hyatt Diamond Hilton no more :)
awesome, thank you!!! I think I've found the cheapest way to get my plt for the year. yea!!!
Careful !!! usually when it's a 4# code AA3214 for example, its usually a partners metal. not AA's
Old Nov 4, 2009, 4:28 pm

Programs: AA Executive PLatinum CO Platinum DL Gold Hyatt Diamond Hilton no more :)
ooops
Old Nov 4, 2009, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by giggy
Careful !!! usually when it's a 4# code AA3214 for example, its usually a partners metal. not AA's
Hmmm BUT...... if it's up as an American code (sorry not sure what to call it) don't I get the points?
Old Nov 4, 2009, 5:09 pm

Hmmm BUT...... if it's up as an American code (sorry not sure what to call it) don't I get the points?
See Post #1 for rules etc....marketed /operated by etc.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by alien
See Post #1 for rules etc....marketed /operated by etc.
Hmmm so if I book a flight on AA and it doesn't say anything about "operated by BA" or whatever and it has an AA flight number then it's all ok?
Old Nov 4, 2009, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by giggy
I'd direct you towards the American Airlines Codeshare Partners Flight Number Range on the AA website.

Your 4 digit rule of thumb isn't very accurate, as flight numbers below 2700 are all mainline service, and the range of 2700-5389 is reserved for American Eagle and American Connection, which are both acceptable for the promotion.

Also, you can take from this that any flight with a number above 5390 is excluded from the promotion.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by kremedonut
I'd direct you towards the American Airlines Codeshare Partners Flight Number Range on the AA website.

Your 4 digit rule of thumb isn't very accurate, as flight numbers below 2700 are all mainline service, and the range of 2700-5389 is reserved for American Eagle and American Connection, which are both acceptable for the promotion.

Also, you can take from this that any flight with a number above 5390 is excluded from the promotion.
now that I think about it, in my search I only put AA, etc not the section where it includes one world. So it's obviously an AA fight, AA metal. But AA is playing tricks with me and the prices, darn those cookies!
Old Nov 4, 2009, 8:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM
now that I think about it, in my search I only put AA, etc not the section where it includes one world. So it's obviously an AA fight, AA metal. But AA is playing tricks with me and the prices, darn those cookies!
That is not necessarily true. Selecting "AA, American Eagle and AmericanConnection" still pulls up codeshares that are AA-coded flight on other airlines' metal.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 8:58 pm

Even if you put "search AA", it will turn up flights operated by Alaska Airlines. The codeshare flight number list above should be a very good indicator if the flight will receive double EQM or not.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
Even if you put "search AA", it will turn up flights operated by Alaska Airlines. The codeshare flight number list above should be a very good indicator if the flight will receive double EQM or not.
That may be the case but when I click on more details I am able to see operated by AMERICAN so that could be a clear indicator that it's an AA flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.