Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2009, 9:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by aktchi
According to Farecompare, the best AA deal (miles/cost) is to SGN: approx 18000 miles for $730 plus change.

The DEQM part would only be DFW-NRT, but that is the much longer leg and the JL codeshare to SGN would still earn 5000+ miles for $100 extra.

In all about 31000 EQM for $730. All numbers are from memory and hence approximate.
You can get more miles now staying within the country and you won't need a passport. Good miles run possibilities between West Coast and Boston, New York, or Florida.

Last edited by SocietyFlyGirl; Sep 2, 2009 at 10:47 pm Reason: Bad math.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 9:26 pm

The T&C say that miles will post 6--8 weeks after travel. Does this mean that you won't enjoy the benefits of EXP after you hit 100k until 6--8 weeks later? Or what does the 6--8 weeks of posting mean? Is it just for showing up on your account?
Old Sep 2, 2009, 9:40 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by paseom2
"AAdvantage elite-qualifying double mile offer is valid only for travel on eligible purchased, published fare tickets on American Airlines, American Eagle or AmericanConnection® marketed and operated flights between September 2, 2009, and December 15, 2009..."

From AA.com - bold is my emphasis...

Shoot, I can't go ORD-OAK without flying AS metal, guess I gotta re-book all my flights thru Dec 15 to SFO....
Old Sep 2, 2009, 9:43 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2 Million-miler , SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Been flying all day----just saw this thread. These guys are the best
Old Sep 2, 2009, 9:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Should I be receiving an email confirmation after I register for this promo??
Old Sep 2, 2009, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Should I be receiving an email confirmation after I register for this promo??
I think so. I have always received an email confirmation after registering for the promotion.

I actually got two - one for double Eqm and the other for elite reward.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA 1MM
To those complaining that the top elite tiers will be devalued and upgrades will become scarcer, consider the (probable) decline in paid premium cabin travel over the past year or so. Don't you think one would (at least to a degree) offset the other? While I can't prove the decline, as evidence I offer the significantly cheaper KUP fares I've found over the past few months ($800 from LA to ORD or MSN, $600 SAN-MIA, $1,100 LAX-RSW) as a way of getting those seats filled, not to mention significant increases in C availability from LA to NY. Again, a mere data point, but some possible reassurance none the less.

And let's be honest: How many people are really going to book mileage runs based on this or fly so much that their natural flying patterns will launch them to the next level. FT is a big community, but miniscule compared to the general flying public.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
The T&C say that miles will post 6--8 weeks after travel. Does this mean that you won't enjoy the benefits of EXP after you hit 100k until 6--8 weeks later? Or what does the 6--8 weeks of posting mean? Is it just for showing up on your account?
Yes, that's what it means. This isn't different than the spring promo.
I have no complaints...... but, I still have status from last years promo
However, I might rethink a Peru trip. We were going on miles, due to the niceness and convenience of flying on LAN. Now, I might buy the tickets, burn 4 EVIPs, and then get the 4 from the promo at 125K. I only had 4 more short trips on AA metal left for this year, and the bonus would get me just shy of 105K, instead of 101K. Going to LIM via MIA will get me to 125K and would get my wife gold, perhaps enough for the bonus at 40K.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 10:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by JumboD
To those complaining that the top elite tiers will be devalued and upgrades will become scarcer, consider the (probable) decline in paid premium cabin travel over the past year or so. Don't you think one would (at least to a degree) offset the other? While I can't prove the decline, as evidence I offer the significantly cheaper KUP fares I've found over the past few months ($800 from LA to ORD or MSN, $600 SAN-MIA, $1,100 LAX-RSW) as a way of getting those seats filled, not to mention significant increases in C availability from LA to NY. Again, a mere data point, but some possible reassurance none the less.

And let's be honest: How many people are really going to book mileage runs based on this or fly so much that their natural flying patterns will launch them to the next level. FT is a big community, but miniscule compared to the general flying public.
True, but whichever way you look at it, more elites at each level has to mean more limited available benefits for individuals. It might well be offset at the moment by fewer paying premium passengers but the effect is the same because the opportunities would have been enhanced if the number of elites had remained the same. I completely agree that the hard core on here are in the minority and the difference won't be great, but it has to have some impact.

What surprises (and pleases) me most is AA again allowing DEQM on travel already booked. Those of us who have habitually had to do a couple of MR's towards the end of year to re-qualify can probably keep their money in their pockets this year.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 10:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, UA 2P, Marriott LTPP
Originally Posted by SocietyFlyGirl
You can get more miles now staying within the country and you won't need a passport. Good miles run possibilities between West Coast and Boston, New York, or Florida and if Badjuju's ORD-ANC is all on AA metal, also a better one (25000 EQM for 480).
What routing are you using to get 25k EQM? ORD-DFW-ANC-DFW-ORD = 7,688 roundtrip x 2 with the promption = 15,376.

Even routing through LAX or MIA doesn't get you to 25k.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA LT Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott LT Gold
I checked UA's matching promotion to this and AA is much better when it comes to the elite reward options!!! Thanks AA.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by mvoight
Yes, that's what it means. This isn't different than the spring promo.
I have no complaints...... but, I still have status from last years promo
However, I might rethink a Peru trip. We were going on miles, due to the niceness and convenience of flying on LAN. Now, I might buy the tickets, burn 4 EVIPs, and then get the 4 from the promo at 125K. I only had 4 more short trips on AA metal left for this year, and the bonus would get me just shy of 105K, instead of 101K. Going to LIM via MIA will get me to 125K and would get my wife gold, perhaps enough for the bonus at 40K.
Okay, understood. Do they have to post by the end of the year for them to count for this year's status qualification though? If I fly on Dec 15, and with the double miles, I'll have exactly 50k or 100k, but not enough without, if the double miles post after year end, will they be counted for next year's tally? or this year's? I'm just trying to figure out how to calculate miles for this year.

Thanks.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by bpauker
What routing are you using to get 25k EQM? ORD-DFW-ANC-DFW-ORD = 7,688 roundtrip x 2 with the promption = 15,376.

Even routing through LAX or MIA doesn't get you to 25k.
Somehow I thought ORD-DFW-ANC was 6200 but that's the NRT miles. I've corrected my post.

I am right about the possibilities within the US between West Coast and NYC, Boston, and Florida.

FLL-SEA for $240.40 and roundtrip X 2 = 11112 EQM.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 11:10 pm

I am currently in the heady heights of 625 EQP. I have a flight booked Dec for 2400 EQP and one in Jan for the same.

If I do 4 LHR-DFW-NYC-DFW-LHR trips in W (approx 12000 miles so 12000 EQP?) will that yield me EXP?

I am assuming registering for DBLEQ I just need 50k EQP?
Old Sep 2, 2009, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by COOLIO
I am currently in the heady heights of 625 EQP. I have a flight booked Dec for 2400 EQP and one in Jan for the same.

If I do 4 LHR-DFW-NYC-DFW-LHR trips in W (approx 12000 miles so 12000 EQP?) will that yield me EXP?

I am assuming registering for DBLEQ I just need 50k EQP?
You're confusing EQMs and EQPs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.