AA - DFW>NRT - BC to FC

Old Aug 18, 09, 8:47 am
Original Poster

AA - DFW>NRT - BC to FC

I am currently booked DFW to Narita using VIP Upgrade (buy coach=BC). Anyway to further upgrade to FC using points, etc? I called EXP but they claim only one upgrade allowed per purchase. Many thanks.
Old Aug 18, 09, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Welcome to FT. The EXP line is correct.

Mike
Old Aug 18, 09, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welcome to Flyertalk.

As mikeef said, the agents are correct. Get used to biz class until you step up and buy D or J fares, which can potentially be upgraded to first class.

You may want to check out the sticky thread for new users and, in particular, the wiki. It answers nearly every routine question asked by new users.
Old Aug 18, 09, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by BabyRitty View Post
I am currently booked DFW to Narita using VIP Upgrade (buy coach=BC). Anyway to further upgrade to FC using points, etc? I called EXP but they claim only one upgrade allowed per purchase. Many thanks.
You will need to buy a Business Ticket (not I booking) if you want to upgrade from Business to First on a 777 flight sold with 3 class.
AA does not allow double upgrades with mileage or VIP's.
Old Aug 18, 09, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Of course, there was that one time that I upgraded to F from J in Delhi using miles (after having used an e-VIP to get to J), because the agent at DEL didn't know that double-upgrades weren't allowed, but that was clearly a mistake. The agents at DFW will know better.

Mike

Search this Thread