Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA award availability (AA award reservation)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2009, 10:41 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by zybysky
Just a quick thank you to everyone that provided advice in response to my post. Wouldn't you know it - after 2 months of trying to find LHR-AMS availability on BA, a few flights opened up this morning. I'm booked and ready to go!
I guess my prediction was correct !! Glad it all worked out as I thought it would.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL GLD, STARWOOD GLD, HH SLVR, HYATT GLD, GPP SLVR
I just searched some threads about Galleries First...... Is it bad that I'm almost as excited to rock the lounge as I am for an 18 day European vacation???
Old Aug 20, 2009, 8:55 am

Programs: AA: Former CK (LT PLT), MB: PE (LT Gold)
My first time in Galleries First at T-5 = Kid in Candy Store.

Enjoy the experience!
Old Aug 20, 2009, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, AC Member, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
I just searched some threads about Galleries First...... Is it bad that I'm almost as excited to rock the lounge as I am for an 18 day European vacation???
I love Galleries First. I do find it extremely difficult to tear myself away from the champagne bar to grab a bacon butty though.

I know some people on the BA forum knock the place from time to time, but for those of us who are used to US domestic lounges, it's a huge step up in quality.

I'm pretty excited about being able to use the Concorde Room towards the end of September. We were originally booked in Club World on a partner award for our return via YYZ on the 26th, but I managed to scrape together the additional 25000 miles to bump us up to FIRST.

IMHO First Class lounge access is the most valuable part of EXP/OW Emerald status after the SWUs. Alright, Lounge access is the second most valuable part of EXP status after the SWUs and EXP desk....lounge access is the third most valuable part of EXP status after the SWUs, EXP desk and an almost fanatical devotion to priority boarding...

(Apologies to M. Python)
Old Aug 20, 2009, 9:44 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but I thought you were traveling in coach between the U.S. and LHR and your profile shows you are an AA Platinum (OneWorld Sapphire). As such you can only use the BA Terraces Lounges, not the Galleries First. The Terraces Lounges at LHR are very nice also and I consider them several steps above Admirals Clubs. If your are an AA EXP, then I believe you may use the Galleries First.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL GLD, STARWOOD GLD, HH SLVR, HYATT GLD, GPP SLVR
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but I thought you were traveling in coach between the U.S. and LHR and your profile shows you are an AA Platinum (OneWorld Sapphire). As such you can only use the BA Terraces Lounges, not the Galleries First. The Terraces Lounges at LHR are very nice also and I consider them several steps above Admirals Clubs. If your are an AA EXP, then I believe you may use the Galleries First.
Given my ticketed reservations for the remainder of 2009, I will hit 100k EQM's on December 30th (or before, should I happen to book additional reservations). By April 2010, I'll be OneWorld Emerald.

Very glad I took advantage of the West coast - BOS double EQM / triple RDM promotion when I could, as our company has basically slashed our travel budget. All but one flight to Austin, TX was paid for out of my pocket this year. EXP will come in quite handy when I'm back in the air again for 2010.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, AC Member, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
From post #14 (bold typeface is mine):

I'm assuming my BA flight will depart from T-5 given this statement. I'll be Emerald when I make this journey, so while I'm there three hours I'll be sure to peruse as many lounges as I can.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.