Community
Wiki Posts
Search

anyone else feel like a dummy on this forum?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2009, 6:12 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by jaf
they're talking in some foreign language with lots of acronyms."

I've been flying, staying in hotels, renting cars fairly regularly for business for about 8 years now. I'm EXP with AA - and yet everytime I read this forum, I feel like there's nothing I can really contribute quickly enough that someone else hasn't already posted.
What does EXP mean?

Originally Posted by krazieman
I get PM asking if I would like to meet up in the Airport bathroom.
Larry, is that you. I haven't seen you since MSP.

I love the useless banter. Ironically, it is quite often the most enjoyable and entertaining posts of some threads.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 6:29 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
jaf, welcome! Look there are people that fly globally over 250,000 miles within a year that would get lost on this board. Not to mention would probably have little desire to post on this board.

But as someone that pays for his own travel this board has been extremely valuable in my getting the most bang for my buck. Can't tell you the number of AA FFs I meet that have no idea of what is available to them or the best way to get the most out of their flights. Why be squeezed in the back of the a/c between Jethro Bodine and Herman Munster with just beverages and stale BOB when you can be upfront in a much more comfortable seat enjoying a glass of wine and at least a semi decent meal.

True, some members will want to flame others for maybe not searching the threads enough or giving their opinion or speculation. But its the opinion and speculation that makes FT a great source of entertainmemt. Not to mention the camp humor! If it was just facts the reading would get really boring really quick. But understood when someone posts something really outrageous the the response will be less than forgiving (how can we forget the why didn't the GA know I was in the bathroom changing a dirty diaper when boarding was occuring post from a few months back).

If you have something to add, then add. Otherwise just enjoy the reading and take this knowledge to enhance your flying experience.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 6:48 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
jaf, welcome! Look there are people that fly globally over 250,000 miles within a year that would get lost on this board. Not to mention would probably have little desire to post on this board.

But as someone that pays for his own travel this board has been extremely valuable in my getting the most bang for my buck. Can't tell you the number of AA FFs I meet that have no idea of what is available to them or the best way to get the most out of their flights. Why be squeezed in the back of the a/c between Jethro Bodine and Herman Munster with just beverages and stale BOB when you can be upfront in a much more comfortable seat enjoying a glass of wine and at least a semi decent meal.

True, some members will want to flame others for maybe not searching the threads enough or giving their opinion or speculation. But its the opinion and speculation that makes FT a great source of entertainmemt. Not to mention the camp humor! If it was just facts the reading would get really boring really quick. But understood when someone posts something really outrageous the the response will be less than forgiving (how can we forget the why didn't the GA know I was in the bathroom changing a dirty diaper when boarding was occuring post from a few months back).

If you have something to add, then add. Otherwise just enjoy the reading and take this knowledge to enhance your flying experience.

Now here is a perfect case in point. I tried Search and put Boarding and Diaper and it told me that it couldn't find anything.

Can you let me have the thread please as this I would love to read.

Actually when I read the title I want to say - No thank you - but I would love a Gin and Tonic please

PGXX
Old Aug 18, 2009, 7:07 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Can you let me have the thread please as this I would love to read.
"Diaper" worked well by itself, although the thread below is referenced numerous times since then. Here you go:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...line-ever.html
Old Aug 18, 2009, 8:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by underpressure
But remember, in spite of what some here believe, none of us know everything.
Not the impression you give in other forums.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.