Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will I receive my EXP SWUs in time for this flight?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2009, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EXP 1MM
Will I receive my EXP SWUs in time for this flight?

Dear Gurus, I will have 94,000 EQM by September. Im going to flight JFK-NRT-HKG- on AA and HKG-KUL on CX Sunday November 1, on Friday 6 Im returning KUL- HKG and on monday 9 HKG-NRT-JFK. Im Planning to use miles plus co pay to upgrade on the flight JFK to NRT, On the returning I want to know if you think that by friday I can have my EXP status and ask for an upgrade from CX(KUL-HKG) and by monday 9th Im thinking about a SWUs to upgrade the NRT-JFK. My question is if you think that SWUs are going to be in my account by that date, I know that the system is updated every Monday but my flight it is going to be technically on sunday considering the time zone of the AA system and I don't want to spend 14 hours in couch. About the NRT-HKG are code share flights so I know that Im not going to get any upgrades even as EXP but I don't really care because are short flights
Old Aug 16, 2009, 9:02 pm
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
I can't say if you will have your upgrades deposited when you need them as I did not completely understand the sequencing of your flight dates. However, please note that CX only awards full mileage credit for certain booking classes, not all. Also, you cannot upgrade on CX product with any AA upgrade instrument or status (unless you are comped of course). Finally, I have done the NRT-HKG leg several times and it isn't that short of a flight. Best of luck.
Old Aug 16, 2009, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by erick3000
Dear Gurus, I will have 94,000 EQM by September. Im going to flight JFK-NRT-HKG- on AA and HKG-KUL on CX Sunday November 1, on Friday 6 Im returning KUL- HKG and on monday 9 HKG-NRT-JFK. Im Planning to use miles plus co pay to upgrade on the flight JFK to NRT, On the returning I want to know if you think that by friday I can have my EXP status and ask for an upgrade from CX(KUL-HKG) and by monday 9th Im thinking about a SWUs to upgrade the NRT-JFK. My question is if you think that SWUs are going to be in my account by that date, I know that the system is updated every Monday but my flight it is going to be technically on sunday considering the time zone of the AA system and I don't want to spend 14 hours in couch. About the NRT-HKG are code share flights so I know that Im not going to get any upgrades even as EXP but I don't really care because are short flights
It can take a week + pnce you get to 100k for EXP to be atained and another week or two before VIP's are deposited. VIP's are only good on AA metal booked with AA flight#.
Old Aug 16, 2009, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.1; U; en-us) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413 es61i)

We have quite a few instances of people forcing new status thresholds for PLT and GLD and people forcing new stickers here on FT but I can't remember someone trying to expedite posting of EXP and eVIPs. Good question by the OP.
Old Aug 16, 2009, 10:21 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA PLT, ICH Plat
If you fly on Sunday, the miles will probably credit Tues or Wed.

If they deposit VIPS on Monday and you are flying on Sunday, I don't see how that will work, short of a manual intervention.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by alhcfp
If you fly on Sunday, the miles will probably credit Tues or Wed.

If they deposit VIPS on Monday and you are flying on Sunday, I don't see how that will work, short of a manual intervention.
Actually they deposit the eVIPs much more quickly now at least according to the concluding posts of this thread
Old Aug 17, 2009, 5:35 am

Programs: AA PLAT
If AA expect you will make EXP by the end of the year they may advance you EVIPs.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by paulmcgrath
If AA expect you will make EXP by the end of the year they may advance you EVIPs.
Reports indicate that AA is far, far less likely to advance eVIPs than they were in the past.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.