How long before your Citi AAdvantage miles post?

Old Aug 12, 2009, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat
How long before your Citi AAdvantage miles post?

I recently signed up for a Citi AAdvantage card and notice that miles have yet to post, even though my first statement closed a while ago.

Normally, how many days after your statement closing date, do the miles post to your account?

When I signed up and gave them the AAdvantage number, I specifically asked if I could have the miles post to my wife's AAdvantage account and Citi said it would not be a problem (she is not on this account.) I wonder if this is causing the delay (or non posting.)
Old Aug 12, 2009, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by gottaluvNW
...Normally, how many days after your statement closing date, do the miles post to your account?..
Within 24 hours of the Citi statement date
Old Aug 12, 2009, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by gottaluvNW
I specifically asked if I could have the miles post to my wife's AAdvantage account and Citi said it would not be a problem (she is not on this account.) I wonder if this is causing the delay (or non posting.)
You were given incorrect information, and it may be the cause for any delays of the mileage accruals. Mileage accrual from the Citi card may be assigned only to the primary card holder.

It is possible that because the name on the AAdvantage number you gave and the name on the CB account do not match, a new AAdvantage account may have been opened to receive the miles. I am also thinking 24 hours after the billing closing date to receive the miles may be not be typical and I would expect 3-4 business days to be more so.

You can contact AAdvantage Customer Service (email-phone) and they can initiate a reconciliation with CB. But you will need to use your own AAdvantage number.

Good luck
Old Aug 12, 2009, 8:47 am

Programs: AA PLTPRO, 2MM, Bonvoy PLT, NYT Monday crossword puzzle solver extraordinaire
24 hours after statement closing may not be "typical", but it is the time frame my miles post, as well. Every month for the 17+ years I've had a Citi AA card, miles post to my AAdvantage account the day after statement closing.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 9:35 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP (1.5MM), Hilton/SPG/Marriott Gold
Two days after the statement date, like clockwork. My most recent statement date was Aug 10th, and this morning they were in my account.

Edited to add. The two day or 24 hr discussion is a technicallity.... My experience is that the statement won't actually run until Aug 10th late at night (around 11pm CST). That being said, the miles will post very early in the morning on the 12th, So 24-30 hours is the norm for me...

For most people that don't pay that much attention, just expect the miles two days after your statement day... Or continue to refresh your citi page until you see the statement, and then expect them 24 hours from that... All in all, it makes little difference.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 9:49 am

Programs: United 1K
Citi had one hiccup just recently - it took an additional month for my AA miles to post.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 11:13 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by NotDuncan
Every month for the 17+ years I've had a Citi AA card, miles post to my AAdvantage account the day after statement closing.
Every month for 17+ years?

Does that include those months when your statement closed on a Thursday or Friday before the monthly, two-day batch AAdvantage statement creation?
Old Aug 12, 2009, 11:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
Can't break it down to hours, but my Citi miles always post promptly.

That's when I find out how much the bill is--when I see the miles post into my AAdvantage account. Then, 3-5 days later, I'll get the bill in the mail.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 11:48 am

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
My miles for purchases post pretty quickly - as many have said, within a day or the after the statement closes. Bonus miles on the other hand can take forever.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 11:55 am

What's fascinatin' about this thread is that most folks haven't really bothered to read the OP's message, and just rehash recent posts.

Dive in, the water's fine.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, 2MM, Bonvoy PLT, NYT Monday crossword puzzle solver extraordinaire
Originally Posted by dayone
Every month for 17+ years?

Does that include those months when your statement closed on a Thursday or Friday before the monthly, two-day batch AAdvantage statement creation?
Well, if you wanna split hairs....Very nearly every month.

Originally Posted by Kohoutek
What's fascinatin' about this thread is that most folks haven't really bothered to read the OP's message, and just rehash recent posts.

Dive in, the water's fine.
OP did ask how long it took peoples' Citi miles to post, and I believe most replies answered that question. I agree, though, he probably does have a problem with being the primary cardholder linked to his wifes AAdvantage account.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 3:13 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by NotDuncan
Well, if you wanna split hairs....Very nearly every month.
We favor accuracy over absolutism.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by dayone
We favor accuracy over absolutism.
This is a joke, right? Because OP obviously has a problem with his miles posting correctly. And not due to an event along the lines of occurring "on the vernal equinox during Democratic majority Congress years".

The thrust of my post was that miles always consistently post to my AA account in an extremely timely fashion, ALMOST always within 24 hours, and if it stretched into even a few days I'd start to think there was an issue. I'm pretty sure you already understood that part tho......

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.