Wiki Posts
Search

north america upgrades to cdg

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2009, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA
north america upgrades to cdg

I am looking, to know subjectively, which NA gateway maybe the best for a C upgrade to cdg. I usually fly to LHR, so direct to CDG will be a new experience for me. I am aware that no one can predict upgrades (not even HNL's upcheck), but has anyone noticed a particular route seems more available than others?
For example, my ORD-LHR upgrades, particularly on the latest 11pM flight seem to go through more commonly than the evneing flights....
I am looking for some general guidance on a nearly unpredictable situation.. Some info is often better than none....
Old Aug 10, 2009, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by sambb
I am looking, to know subjectively, which NA gateway maybe the best for a C upgrade to cdg. I usually fly to LHR, so direct to CDG will be a new experience for me. I am aware that no one can predict upgrades (not even HNL's upcheck), but has anyone noticed a particular route seems more available than others?
For example, my ORD-LHR upgrades, particularly on the latest 11pM flight seem to go through more commonly than the evneing flights....
I am looking for some general guidance on a nearly unpredictable situation.. Some info is often better than none....
What type of upgrade: $, VIP, mileage, hope?
Old Aug 10, 2009, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Don't look for predictions - get information. Set up some alerts in ExpertFlyer and act upon good news immediately when it comes.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
I don't see the problem
If you wanted to go JFK-CDG, you can easily see, for example, 3 C seats available for Dec 10, on 44, for example
ORD looks harder.
That said.

1. I have NEVER missed an EVIP upgrade.
(I don't know what zman is asking about, if an EXP is asking about upgrades, my first guess is SWUs/EVIPs)

2. Except for a single flight during the BOS3X and double EQM promo, I have never missed a domestic "sticker" upgrade as EXP.

3. The odds are good that, in most cases, an EXP will get an upgrade on a flight to CDG, if using SWUs

That said.. It looks like there is only one flight from ORD-CDG, so that is a bit different than grabbing the later flight to LHR.

Last edited by mvoight; Aug 10, 2009 at 6:17 pm
Old Aug 10, 2009, 6:28 pm

there aren't as many AA flights to CDG, so just shop ExpertFlyer and see. All service to CDG is 767 (763, 767-300) or 757 (BOS, 1x JFK). Assuming that's the new "75L" 757 configuration (four rows of 2x2 Business, rows 1-4), you might have a bit more horizontal space in your seat than on the 763 because the 75L's have the 777 Business seats rather than the thinner 763 version.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 9:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors
I just spoke to the EXP desk today about standby upgrade from DFW in Sept and they said odds are really good that it would come through. No guarantees, but excellent chance.

On edit, I have taken either ORD or DFW to CDG 3 times in the past 3 years and upgrades have come through every time. However that is EXP using eVIPs. Good luck!
Old Aug 11, 2009, 12:34 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Traditionally, Miami would be the hardest, followed by Dallas, New York, Chicago and Boston.

That does not take into account the new 75L services, which will make the late NYC-CDG departure and BOS harder to clear.

It is seriously not a difficult market to clear, though, unless you are flying from Dallas in June/July or Miami in December/January.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by MAH4546
Traditionally, Miami would be the hardest, followed by Dallas, New York, Chicago and Boston.
This is an excellent and accurate list.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.