Wiki Posts
Search

SNA-SFO/SJC gone as of Nov 18, 2008

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2009, 4:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
SNA-SFO/SJC gone as of Nov 18, 2008

AA will end Orange County-San Francisco and Orange County-San Jose on November 18th.

The RJ capacity is being reallocated to MIA.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 4:38 am
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP 14M, UA-1K, AS-MVP Gold, DL-PL, CO-PL, EK-Gold, BA-Gold, HH-D, SPG-PL
Smile

What's routes out of Miami will the RJs fly?
Old Aug 9, 2009, 4:57 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM
This sucks. Now have to deal with the extra 405 headache. Bay Area gets shafted again. I hated taking WN on those routes. Are they trying to increase LFs on LAX?

What happens to the SNA slots? Are they adding more DFW and ORD flights?

Last edited by SFOJFK; Aug 9, 2009 at 4:58 am Reason: asking about slots
Old Aug 9, 2009, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by TigerWould
What's routes out of Miami will the RJs fly?
My guess.

GHB , ELH , TCB in the Bahamas . They start on Nov. 19
Old Aug 9, 2009, 5:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by SFOJFK
This sucks. Now have to deal with the extra 405 headache. Bay Area gets shafted again. I hated taking WN on those routes. Are they trying to increase LFs on LAX?

What happens to the SNA slots? Are they adding more DFW and ORD flights?
ugh I hate this too but usually as I'll do a MR into SNA (cheaper) via SFO/SJC which adds on to the MR's..
Old Aug 9, 2009, 6:38 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
First SAN, now SNA. That leaves on LAX from SJC.

AA is totally schizophrenic with regard to its west coast service. Buy Air Cal, then demolish Air Cal's routes. Buy Reno Air, then demolish Reno Air's routes. Build a west coast RJ network, then demolish it. Make up your mind, AA.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 8:53 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SFOJFK
Bay Area definitely gets shafted by AA. That said, I've been taking more and more WN flights out of SJC (SAN, LAS) and have found them to be quite nice. Beats the hell out of RJ flights. The only downside I see is no AA miles, and that's small potatoes.

Cheers.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 11:23 am

Programs: LT Gold/BA Executive Club/AS MP/Marriott
Originally Posted by brp
Bay Area definitely gets shafted by AA. That said, I've been taking more and more WN flights out of SJC (SAN, LAS) and have found them to be quite nice. Beats the hell out of RJ flights. The only downside I see is no AA miles, and that's small potatoes.

Cheers.
I haven't flown any other carrier out of SJC besides AA/AE, but the downside to say taking WN out of SJC to say SNA/LAS is that I'm not so sure how connections (especially baggage) will come through. For example, I fly SJC-SNA-ORD quite a bit. Now it seems I might have trouble with the route-unless I get two tickets and clear security, re-check my baggage ect.

SFO hasn't received the "ole' shaft" as much as SJC has. SJC is basically completely "taken down" as far as American Airlines/Eagle is concerned. I'm not even so sure I'm going to renew my AAmiral's Club when it comes time for renewal.

The days of AA flying to NRT, TPE, CDG, SEA, SAN, SNA, AUS, LAS, JFK and 5x/ORD (I probably missed a couple of routes) out of SJC are gone/going....

Now its basically down to ORD, DFW and LAX....what a damn shame AA/AE.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by Jacobin777
I haven't flown any other carrier out of SJC besides AA/AE, but the downside to say taking WN out of SJC to say SNA/LAS is that I'm not so sure how connections (especially baggage) will come through. For example, I fly SJC-SNA-ORD quite a bit. Now it seems I might have trouble with the route-unless I get two tickets and clear security, re-check my baggage ect.
Since either AA or WN can get you SJC-ORD/MDW nonstop quite easily (not to mention dozens upon dozens of connection options), I'm not sure why this complication is an issue .
Old Aug 9, 2009, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by brp

Cheers.
I would not mind WN flights if they changed to a more humane boarding process. Their process certainly feels like being herded like cattle.

As for AA cancelling SNA-SFO/SJC it makes absolutely no sense. Very disappointed.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by MAH4546
AA will end Orange County-San Francisco and Orange County-San Jose on November 18th.

The RJ capacity is being reallocated to MIA.
Something is really wrong with the AA business plan when they can not compete with WN by using AE.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 12:27 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Flying Blue, Mileage Plus
Well that didn't take very long...

Originally Posted by zman
Something is really wrong with the AA business plan when they can not compete with WN by using AE.
Except in this case, it's VX in addition to WN.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 1:34 pm
Suspended

this SUCKS. i am SO glad i saw this coming and started switching from AA last year. now i have status on both ua and aa, so it helps. but still there is NO way to get sjc to sna anymore except WN. ack. that means no F seats on that route sucks! so sad that none of the legacies can compete w/WN and in the long run they will all be gone. all this lifetime status we've worked so hard for is going to be useless in the near future.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by anc305
My guess.

Yeah, there is so much more new routes for MIA-CHS/TYS, too.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by anc305
My guess.

Those are ATR routes.

MIA-CHS/TYS start November 19th and AA is soliciting proposals from airports in the Southeast for MIA service, so a few more will hopefully be added as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.