Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Am I going to make this connection??

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2009, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by BarkinJ
So I don't know that I blame the OP for asking the question here. The FAQ and the wiki don't give him that much info, especially because he's (a) wondering about an Eagle flight, which isn't really discussed in the FAQ and is not discussed with current information on the wiki, and (b) he clearly isn't sure about terminals, SkyLink, etc. at DFW. Shouldn't he be able to ask this sort of question here?
There is nothing new, unusual or noteworthy about trying to make a 45-minute connection through DFW that's not covered in the FAQ. And the mainline-Eagle minimum connection times are discussed in the Wiki which is linked from the FAQ.

OP seemed disturbed and led to post by his earlier experience with a gate change. Here's how I see what happened then:

1) FA made the connecting-gate announcements he/she received
2) There was a gate change
3) OP went to the wrong gate, not checking monitors in the terminal or signing up for flight status notification.

So whose fault was it that he went to the wrong gate? Hint: not the FA's.

Last edited by videomaker; Jul 23, 2009 at 10:05 pm Reason: Grammar check!
Old Jul 23, 2009, 2:45 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
On my to-do list is to consolidate threads regarding connections at specific airports, which do contain useful information about terminal locations, distances, reclearing security, and transportation options. Unfortunately, some other things are taking precedence at the moment, so I appreciate everyone's patience til then.

/Moderator
Old Jul 23, 2009, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by dstan
On my to-do list is to consolidate threads regarding connections at specific airports, which do contain useful information about terminal locations, distances, reclearing security, and transportation options. Unfortunately, some other things are taking precedence at the moment, so I appreciate everyone's patience til then.

/Moderator
We appreciate your efforts!
Old Jul 23, 2009, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Premier Gold, Marriott Plt Elite
Originally Posted by dstan

/Moderator
Thank you so much for your efforts....I found the consolidated FAQ comprehensive, informative and very helpful.^ :-:
Old Jul 23, 2009, 7:03 pm
Formerly known as billinaz
Original Poster

Programs: US Airways Dividend Miles, American AAdvantage, Avis Preferred, Budget Rapid Rez, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by videomaker
There is nothing new, unusual or noteworthy about trying to make a 45-minute connection through DFW that's not covered in the FAQ. And the mainline-Eagle minimum connection times are discussed in the Wiki which is linked from the FAQ.

OP seemed disturbed and led to post by his earlier experience with a gate change. Here's how I see what happened then:

1) FA made the connecting-gate announcements he/she received
2) There was a gate change
3) OP went to the wrong gate, not checking monitors in the terminal or signing up for flight status notification.

So who's fault was it that he went to the wrong gate? Hint: not the FA's.

Assuming that the FA got the current information from AA was a mistake.

But if you ALWAYS have to check the gate they announce because as it seems, they dont have any better idea of what gate is with what flight... why even announce it....

Or put a caviat like " I dont know what gate your flight is departing from so check the monitors... but it MOGHT be gate...."
Old Jul 23, 2009, 7:14 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by billinaz
But if you ALWAYS have to check the gate they announce because as it seems, they dont have any better idea of what gate is with what flight... why even announce it....
You ALWAYS should check, and they even say that with the announcement. IME, the gate stays as they say about 80% of the time, so I'm happy to have it. I still check, of course.

Cheers.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Airways Dividend Miles, American AAdvantage, Avis Preferred, Budget Rapid Rez, Hilton Honors
I guess my faulty logic at the time was that the FA had the most up to minute info and was relaying that.

But the real world experience that those who answered was of value to me... for that I thank them.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 10:03 pm

I guess my faulty logic at the time was that the FA had the most up to minute info and was relaying that.

But the real world experience that those who answered was of value to me... for that I thank them.
Did you ever think the gate change might have been made AFTER the info was sent to the plane?

That's why they say "check the monitors." That's why you should--check the monitors. And that is, as you say, "real world experience."

Last edited by videomaker; Jul 23, 2009 at 10:06 pm Reason: Adding info
Old Jul 23, 2009, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Right then, no.

I assumed that the FA had gotten the current info as we taxi'd in.

But then again, if I did check the monitor and saw a gate change and went that way only to check another monitor and find another gate change, run there and because I cant stop I check another monitor and................
Old Jul 23, 2009, 10:18 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by Mark_T
I'm going to assume that was both an unfortunate yet appropriate misspelling given the rest of that line
I intended that spelling. I am sure you get the (hint)
Old Jul 23, 2009, 10:27 pm

Given the OP's latest response

But then again, if I did check the monitor and saw a gate change and went that way only to check another monitor and find another gate change, run there and because I cant stop I check another monitor and................
I think gemac may be right.

Originally Posted by gemac
Since you are asking us to guess, I guess "No, you will not make that connection". If I'm right, do I get a prize?
I was just trying to give some helpful information about checking the monitors since gate changes can occur quickly at DFW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.