Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lunch Menu to/from SJU this month?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2009, 3:26 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by PresRDC
I'm concerned aboutt he environmental impact of fish farming in general; farmed salmon is artifically colored; farmed salmon doesn't have has complex a flavor and it's texture is mushy.
They are not allowed to colour it here, but you are right in so far as flavour and texture go. The other thing is that you can tell farmed in a heartbeat as there is so much fat on it. The salmon have never been allowed to swim upstream and are therefore fat and flabby. (Thinks maybe I should send Him Indoors swimming more often)

Thank you for this - I am off to PR soon and it is always interesting to know what my favourtie US airline is serving.

In general - cold food survives far better than hot offerings. After you have had these meals in an airline oven, I really would not like to swear on oath what might be lurking under the lurid coloured sauce.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 6:19 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP 1MM+, Marriot Platinum, Avis First
I flew J on SJU-DFW last Monday, flight 633. There's no F. They served cheese tortellini or chicken w/ orange sauce and rice, caesar salad and cookie for dessert. In my previous experience, the "lunch" menu for flight #2058 (DFW-SJU) is also a choice of pasta or chicken or beef and rice + salad and cookie.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.