FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   FedEx Box at JFK AA Terminal? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/972894-fedex-box-jfk-aa-terminal.html)

jm0754 Jul 8, 2009 12:35 pm

FedEx Box at JFK AA Terminal?

The FedEx website says they have a box at American Airlines (Inside) but on the phone they cannot verify it.

Does anyone know of a FedEx drop box in AA terminal at JFK?

Many thanks.

Landing Gear Jul 8, 2009 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by jm0754 (Post 12033049)
The FedEx website says they have a box at American Airlines (Inside) but on the phone they cannot verify it.

Does anyone know of a FedEx drop box in AA terminal at JFK?

Many thanks.

If you look carefully at the fedex.com website, it says "American Airlines Inc.--inside." It does not say this is the terminal building as it does for terminal #4. It might well be another building that AA has.

If you can call FedEx back, especially if you have an account, ask them to call the station that picks up from this box. Although almost anyone should know the answer at the station, if it gets more difficult, the person you need is the route manager for the route where the box is. (Quite likely, you will not be speaking to the station; it will be the phone rep while you are on hold.)

Unfortunately, the people who answer 1-800-GO-FEDEX sometimes have to be pointed in the right direction when your question is viewed as "off script."

Good luck!

Bmoney Jul 8, 2009 4:07 pm

As a FedEx sales rep, I can tell you that finding the box might be hard. If you need something shipped, goto the AC. Most ACs have a pickup if they have a conference center there and will accept a package for shipment if the airbill is correctly filled out (I've done there quite a few times at the DFW ACs). It they won't accept it, they usually know exactly where the box is located.

According to our location guide, there is one in Term 4, and one at the hanger for AA. There is also a manned location at the FedEx cargo terminal that can take packages up to 9:00 pm.

Landing Gear Jul 8, 2009 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by Bmoney (Post 12034583)
As a FedEx sales rep, I can tell you that finding the box might be hard. If you need something shipped, goto the AC. Most ACs have a pickup if they have a conference center there and will accept a package for shipment if the airbill is correctly filled out (I've done there quite a few times at the DFW ACs). It they won't accept it, they usually know exactly where the box is located.

According to our location guide, there is one in Term 4, and one at the hanger for AA. There is also a manned location at the FedEx cargo terminal that can take packages up to 9:00 pm.

Glad to see your materials conformed my guess based on the public website.

By the way, the drivers of ZYP are the best. ^