Wiki Posts
Search

Will ORD-DEL last?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2009, 2:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott T
Will ORD-DEL last?

With international traffic down double digits to India and all important premium traffic even more, would ORD-DEL make it to next year? Especially of BA-AA-IB partnership is allowed? AA just feeds all pax to BA, just like today for all non-served EMEA destinations.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 2:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Originally Posted by bdhaliwa
With international traffic down double digits to India and all important premium traffic even more, would ORD-DEL make it to next year? Especially of BA-AA-IB partnership is allowed? AA just feeds all pax to BA, just like today for all non-served EMEA destinations.
Maybe
Old Jun 8, 2009, 3:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Bronze, DL Plat UA, HHonors Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt
well, with the new agreements with Kingfisher (on the Global Explorer), I'd be hopeful, but who knows...
Old Jun 8, 2009, 7:38 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Cool. Must be "Monday morning let's speculate about things we know nothing about" time

Cheers.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 7:50 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
"Ask Again Later"
Old Jun 8, 2009, 7:52 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
As the recession bites, more and more companies will be looking to OutSource in order to survive...and I'm sorry to say, that means more business for India, so ORD-DEL will be OK.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 8:06 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UncleDude
As the recession bites, more and more companies will be looking to OutSource in order to survive...and I'm sorry to say, that means more business for India, so ORD-DEL will be OK.
Except that the ORD end of the flight is being outsourced to BOM.

Cheers.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 9:22 am

Programs: AA EXP
Judging from the load on my recent roundtrip it sure looks ok. F just had 1 passenger but J just had the middle seats open and Y was pretty full as well.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 9:30 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by riteshraja
Judging from the load on my recent roundtrip it sure looks ok. F just had 1 passenger but J just had the middle seats open and Y was pretty full as well.
The SJC-NRT were always full when I was on them as well. Unfortunately, apparent load tells us nothing.

Cheers.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 9:36 am

Programs: AA
I flew this RT twice in the last two weeks. Extremely crowded Y and J cabins each time.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 9:37 am

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Mrs.Grates3 and I flew 292 in J on 5/28. Some seats in F open, but J only had 2 middles empty, and coach was VERY VERY full, including about 80 children.
We are returning on 6/15 with the Mrs in F (award ticket) and me (sigh) in Bizclass "C" inventory again. I will try for the elusive 2X upgrade.... and report back to y'all of course.

First we've got to get to DEL from KTM, no small feat considering all the strikes happening almost every day in Nepal now. We were stuck in one for 1.5 hours yesterday.... couldn't move except on foot and barely made it to the Biratnagar airport in time.
btw - Buddha Air has a really brand new ATR42, quite nice 40 min flight to KTM.

Last edited by billgrates3; Jun 8, 2009 at 9:44 am
Old Jun 8, 2009, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The good news is that DEL is too far away for a nonstop 2-class 763, so it's a 777 or nothing.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 10:24 am

The ? is what is the passenger revenue and cargo load? People load if all on low fares, means nothing.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FWAAA
The good news is that DEL is too far away for a nonstop 2-class 763, so it's a 777 or nothing.
Originally Posted by zman
The ? is what is the passenger revenue and cargo load? People load if all on low fares, means nothing.
Of course, and further, the demand for "F" tickets is probably not the primary determinant of whether AA uses a 763 or 777 on a given route. Taking range out of the equation, the 777 has 75% more premium class seats (they can oversell J and op-up to F as necessary), a slightly larger capacity in the economy cabin, and a larger cargo capacity.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott T
NRT-SJC birds were redeployed to the ORD-DEL flights...if my fading memory serves me right. If DEL flight were to be axed, what is the best available use of 1.5 777's that might be freed up? DFW-HKG/ORD-HKG??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.