Requesting miles without a ticket number

Old Jun 2, 09, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, Marriott Plat
Requesting miles without a ticket number

So I got invol rerouted to AA this past Sunday. I didn't have my AAdvantage number with me so I didn't put it in upon check in.

I found a mileage request form on AA.com but it requires ticket number. Is there a way to request miles without a ticket number? I only have my boarding pass which has the record locator but I can't seem to find the ticket number. I can't find reservation on AA.com with my record locator because I already flew. I know with most other airlines, you can just fax in your boarding pass. Anything like that for AA?

Thanks.
Old Jun 2, 09, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 2.7MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by hw711 View Post
So I got invol rerouted to AA this past Sunday. I didn't have my AAdvantage number with me so I didn't put it in upon check in.

I found a mileage request form on AA.com but it requires ticket number. Is there a way to request miles without a ticket number? I only have my boarding pass which has the record locator but I can't seem to find the ticket number. I can't find reservation on AA.com with my record locator because I already flew. I know with most other airlines, you can just fax in your boarding pass. Anything like that for AA?

Thanks.
I think they wil take a BP faxed in - but it SHOULD have the TKT # (if e-tkt) on it. Call the 800-# say "Advantage Account" at the main menu, then "Agent" from that sub-menu.
Old Jun 2, 09, 8:48 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage and New York City

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
You can try to find the ticket number based on your PNR or credit card info here:

https://www.refunds.aa.com/
Old Jun 2, 09, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, AS MVP 75K, JL Emerald, A3 *G, Hyatt Diamond, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hertz 5*, National Exec
Are you sure it doesn't have the tix #, I have both the green and the kiosk bp next to me and they both have the number there unless the ga only gave you the stub back. On the green one, it should be in the white box in the bottom center part of the bp, usually under the word electronic. For the kiosk type, it should be under the boarding time and above the barcode. Both type usually start with a 001 followed by 10 numbers. That number is your ticket number.
Old Jun 2, 09, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Call AAdvantage.
Old Jun 2, 09, 9:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Short hair Francis View Post
Are you sure it doesn't have the tix #, I have both the green and the kiosk bp next to me and they both have the number there unless the ga only gave you the stub back. On the green one, it should be in the white box in the bottom center part of the bp, usually under the word electronic. For the kiosk type, it should be under the boarding time and above the barcode. Both type usually start with a 001 followed by 10 numbers. That number is your ticket number.
Ahh, it's a kiosk bp. The number above the barcode starts with 012 (NW ticket number), not 001. That's why I didn't realize it was the ticket number for my flight. I thought ticket number starts with operating airline but I guess it's actually issuing airline.

Thanks for your help
Old Jun 2, 09, 10:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold, Marriott PP
Also in general, credit card transactions have the ticket number on your credit card statement:

This is how mine shows up:

AMERICAN 0012304557XXXX(Travel)
Old Jun 3, 09, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by daeus View Post
Also in general, credit card transactions have the ticket number on your credit card statement:

This is how mine shows up:

AMERICAN 0012304557XXXX(Travel)
Yeah, in general. But not for an invol reroute ticket. Also appearantly, I have to wait 15 days after the flight to request miles.
Old Jun 3, 09, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 2.7MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by hw711 View Post
Yeah, in general. But not for an invol reroute ticket. Also appearantly, I have to wait 15 days after the flight to request miles.
Not if you call in (generally - depends on agent.)

Search this Thread
Search Engine: