Heathrow admirals club and showers

Old Jun 2, 09, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aadvantage plt/2mm; Southwest A-pref'd; VA Gold; SPG PLT
Heathrow admirals club and showers

I am flying to Heathrow. I know that AA has (unfortunately) opened an Admirals club at that location. I am flying on to Poland and would really, really like a shower during my 7 hour layover.

Does anyone know if the Admirals club has a shower? If not, what are the best alternatives? Is there an airport hotel that's easy to use?
Old Jun 2, 09, 12:38 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, AS 75K Gold MVP, and some hotel stuff...
Was the information about the amenities at the American Airlines run Admiral's club not to be found on the American Airlines website, www.aa.com

Cheers.
Old Jun 2, 09, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 5MM; BA GLD
Why is it unfortunate that AA has an admirals club at LHR?

What airline are you flying to Poland? If your connecting flight does not depart from T3, you will not have access to the AC in any event. As an EXP, however, you likely will have access to a oneworld lounge in your departure terminal.
Old Jun 2, 09, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi trtfsr,

If you are arriving at LHR from an AA flight you will not be able to access the Aadmirals club ( as arrivals and departures are separate).

However if you are continuing onto poland with BA ( British airways) you will need ot transfer over to Terminal 5 and as an AA EXP you can use the Galleries First lounge there and there are showers that you can use ( shower reception is by the spa reception area)

Regards

TBS
Old Jun 2, 09, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aadvantage plt/2mm; Southwest A-pref'd; VA Gold; SPG PLT
Duh

Of course I can use the BA lounge since I'm flying on with them. Too much flying has damaged my brain. I can't believe that escaped me.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: