Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2010 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2010, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP/Admiral's Club; Amex Platinum; AA Citi Executive; SPG Gold
JFK-LAX Brunch in F

Choice of:

Blueberry Pancakes with Maple Syrup
OR
Santa Fe Breakfast Panini
(Both with Seasonal Fruit appetizer)
OR
Steel-cut oatmeal with Berries

Before Landing:

Chocolate chip or toffee cookies
Old Oct 26, 2010, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
SJC-DFW
October 26, 2010
AA 1298
10:20a-3:50p
MD-80
WiFi
Lunch

Choice of Grilled Chicken Salad or Beef Quesadilla. FA blew FEBO today and started from the Back. The mistake was quite OK with me in 5E and everyone else in row 5 and 6, as we all chose the Chicken. Row 3 and 4 got the Quesadilla with at least two complainers, bemoaning the lack of choice but not the non-FEBO FEBO.

Chocolate chip cookies today. ^
Old Oct 26, 2010, 2:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by SFO777
SJC-DFW
October 26, 2010
AA 1298
10:20a-3:50p
MD-80
WiFi
Lunch

Choice of Grilled Chicken Salad or Beef Quesadilla. FA blew FEBO today and started from the Back. The mistake was quite OK with me in 5E and everyone else in row 5 and 6, as we all chose the Chicken. Row 3 and 4 got the Quesadilla with at least two complainers, bemoaning the lack of choice but not the non-FEBO FEBO.

Chocolate chip cookies today. ^
Interesting that everyone chose the chicken. I get the salads more often than not but this is my least favorite and the beef quesadilla is one of my favorite AA Lunch/Snack options.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sts603
Interesting that everyone chose the chicken. I get the salads more often than not but this is my least favorite and the beef quesadilla is one of my favorite AA Lunch/Snack options.
I like the quesdilla as well but with dinner in about 3 hours, I figured I'd try to be good at least at lunch. Even passed on Stacy.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DFW-PIT
October 26, 2010
AA 1118
6:20P-9:55p (actual 9:25p)
MD-80
No WiFi
Dinner

Choice of "Stuffed Shells" or "Chicken". Very descriptive guys.
Opted for the "Chicken", which was grilled chicken with a tangy sweet/sour chili sauce, rice and beans. Chicken and rice with the sauce was pretty good. But the beans? Yuck. Salad was excellent.

And sugar cookies tonight.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 5:45 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by elitetraveler
Don't you get a pre-landing warm cookie LAS-JFK?
When I flew the route in February I did not.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
SFO - ORD
29th October
AA810
737-800
06:25 Departure - Breakfast

Choice of Cheese Omelette or Steel Cut Oats with Fruit.

I opted for the Omelette. Was offered bagel of biscuit, went of the biscuit.
Was offered butter and jam with that too.

Overall, happy with the food. No where near as bad as I was expecting.

After breakfast, very regular patrols of the cabin and many offers of drinks etc... Some sort of soft mints were distributed prior to landing.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 5:19 pm

So I'm in J on AA 10 from LAX to JFK 930 PM - 5:35 AM on 12/12. Is the menu going to be any different from the LAX/SFO to BOS red eye menus I found by searching the thread? IE, A cold protein plate (lots of fish, sadly...fish is disgusting!), a cold fruit/cheese plate, or (maybe) soup.

I like soup a lot, but previous posts suggest that the odds of them serving the soup and having enough portions are low.

Would it help me any to request a vegetarian meal? Mainly, I want to avoid being stuck with fish!

Thanks
Old Oct 29, 2010, 5:33 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
Originally Posted by lobo411
So I'm in J on AA 10 from LAX to JFK 930 PM - 5:35 AM on 12/12. Is the menu going to be any different from the LAX/SFO to BOS red eye menus I found by searching the thread? IE, A cold protein plate (lots of fish, sadly...fish is disgusting!), a cold fruit/cheese plate, or (maybe) soup.

I like soup a lot, but previous posts suggest that the odds of them serving the soup and having enough portions are low.

Would it help me any to request a vegetarian meal? Mainly, I want to avoid being stuck with fish!

Thanks
The quality of the special meals on AA vary widely so avoid them if you can.

Since this is an even flight number you can choose a seat toward the front of the cabin to ensure you can select the non-fish option when the FAs come around to take orders.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by sukn
The quality of the special meals on AA vary widely so avoid them if you can.

Since this is an even flight number you can choose a seat toward the front of the cabin to ensure you can select the non-fish option when the FAs come around to take orders.
Thanks for the info on the special meals! I was a little worried that the veggie meal might just be a glop of overcooked rice and overcooked veggies in an overspiced goo-sauce.

This trip will be my first opportunity to pick my seat this far in advance, so sitting up front sounds like the best option.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 9:42 pm

Programs: AA LTP 2MM, Marriott/SPG Rabid Plat w/Ambassador, HHonors Gold
It seems like 15/20 of the flights I've been on since the beginning of September have had nothing but the BBQ chicken salad and turkey/roast beef double meat sandwich... I thought they rotated the menu a little bit more, but maybe I've just gotten unlucky.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Nice looking breakfast, your biscuit looks very large or the plate was small...

I wish UA would serve something that look like that, and I can ONLY dream of US serving meals on Mid con flights...

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
SFO - ORD
29th October
AA810
737-800
06:25 Departure - Breakfast

Choice of Cheese Omelette or Steel Cut Oats with Fruit.

I opted for the Omelette. Was offered bagel of biscuit, went of the biscuit.
Was offered butter and jam with that too.

Overall, happy with the food. No where near as bad as I was expecting.

After breakfast, very regular patrols of the cabin and many offers of drinks etc... Some sort of soft mints were distributed prior to landing.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 9:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by All American Flyer
Choice of:

Blueberry Pancakes with Maple Syrup
OR
Santa Fe Breakfast Panini
(Both with Seasonal Fruit appetizer)
OR
Steel-cut oatmeal with Berries

Before Landing:

Chocolate chip or toffee cookies
What an awful menu for TransCon F. Hopefully AA will at some point get its act together.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 12:59 am

Programs: AA EXP/Admiral's Club; Amex Platinum; AA Citi Executive; SPG Gold
What an awful menu for TransCon F. Hopefully AA will at some point get its act together.
I wouldn't quite say awful but definitely not what it could be. The oatmeal was pretty good (it's served in a bigger bowl than on non-AFS flights). Though I will say that I don't know what the breakfast service used to be 10 years ago. I personally wish that they had a British breakfast option (eggs, baked beans, sausages, etc).

Though the worst part of that particular flight was the service. The FAs actually ate their breakfast before serving the passengers. They were really slow taking orders (the FA just stared at me instead of asking me what I'd like for breakfast). We were not addressed by name.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 3:00 am

Programs: AA LTP 2MM, Marriott/SPG Rabid Plat w/Ambassador, HHonors Gold
Those breakfast options sound pretty good to me... a lot healthier than the typical AA fare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.