Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2010 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2010, 10:27 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by sts603
Really? Since when?
I was on AA 145 yesterday as well and the same FA did tell me they believe the made-to order sundaes are being replaced with pre-plated Ben & Jerry's.

See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...undaes-aa.html
AA press release: http://aa.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=2769

It appears they are transitioning 2-class transcons in F to B&J's, check Wchou's report on AA 264 LAX-BOS.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 7:18 pm

1/25/2010
AA582: SJC - DFW. Breakfast. MD-80
Very chaotic boarding. Folks in the back took a while to stow carry-on and get seated. As a result, no predeparture drink. Another cheerful and attentive cabin crew. Captain of the ship was pretty darn funny. FEBO was followed.

Started with a steaming cup of coffee brewed with genuine "Galley Springs Water" with a twist of JET-A exhaust.

"Denver Omlette" and potatoes. Really just eggs with some processed cheese food in the middle. Actually brought back memories of college summer sessions when the cafeteria was closed. Half of the potatoes were actually pretty good, the other half was underdone. The fruit was really nice as was the biscuit.

Sorry for the odd angle. The picture of the other offering was discreetly taken. My seatmate, who I chatted with later and was a great person, had the oatmeal. It came with blueberries, strawberries and maple brown sugar.

AA282: DFW - BOS. Snack. 752
This boarding was rushed because everyone was eager to get to Boston before the heavy rains returned. No predeparture drink. Great cabin crew and a Captain who I swear was Major T.J. "King" Kong. FEBO was followed.

Warm nuts to start.

Went with the always good Salmon Salad. Came with a Seseme Oriental dressing and wonton strips. Side was a red pepper hummus and pita chips. The other item offered was the BBQ Chicken Pizza. Pics available in a previous posting.

Finished with a warm Cranberry Oatmeal cookie.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 12:04 am

Programs: AA EXP/Admiral's Club; Amex Platinum; AA Citi Executive; SPG Gold
JFK-LAX in J

AA 21: Dinner Service
This was the exact same as the meal on AA 145 last week (BOS-LAX: 2 class F on the 763)

Warm Nuts

Mojito Shrimp served with somen noodles garnished with parsley

Standard Salad

Bread Basket

Choice of grilled chicken breast with basmati rice or the four cheese ravioli with tomato sauce

Ice Cream sundae

Cookies before landing (chocolate chip or toffee)
Old Jan 31, 2010, 7:35 am

Programs: their are many of them
Impressive
Old Jan 31, 2010, 11:57 am

Programs: AS 75K, AA EXP, Hilton Gold
Shrimp!!

I've been on 629 DFW-SEA a couple of times this week. Both times AA served four shrimp along with the typical nuts, salad, rolls, entree, ice cream.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 12:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by bkkth
I've been on 629 DFW-SEA a couple of times this week. Both times AA served four shrimp along with the typical nuts, salad, rolls, entree, ice cream.
Supposedly the case now on all 3+ hour dinner flights.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by All American Flyer
Choice of grilled chicken breast with basmati rice .....
The infamous "Poulet Basquaise"
Old Jan 31, 2010, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP/Admiral's Club; Amex Platinum; AA Citi Executive; SPG Gold
Poulet Basquaise is completely inadequate for transcon service. Where's the beef filet or steak? The shrimp appetizer is good but it's been around for a long time now (so have the sundaes and cookies but those are classics!)
Old Jan 31, 2010, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by All American Flyer
Poulet Basquaise is completely inadequate for transcon service. Where's the beef filet or steak?...
The main dishes get cycled in and out. The beef filet and chicken-fried steak (I hope not) will be rotated back in at some point. A bad dish is a bad dish, doesn't matter what kind of protein it is.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 3:09 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
I had the beef filet on LAX-JFK Flight 180 on Friday ... it seems pretty regular imho...the (disgusting) basmati I had a month or so ago on AA178 SFO-JFK.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by bkkth
Originally Posted by sts603
Supposedly the case now on all 3+ hour dinner flights.
The shrimp app has been around since ~ Sept or Oct.

And for Dec and Jan, the meat choice for LAX-DFW has been a flat iron and peppercorn steak (instead of the usual chicken). We'll see what Feb brings soon enough...
Old Jan 31, 2010, 4:28 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Oatmeal with brown sugar on the 0945 SFO-ORD. This was so good think I'll be requesting it now instead of the egg dishes when available. Much nicer than cereal and it was served hot.

Last edited by tom911; Jan 31, 2010 at 5:06 pm Reason: spelling error
Old Jan 31, 2010, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by tom911
Oatmeal with brown sugar on the 0945 SFO-ORD. This was go good think I'll be requesting it now instead of the egg dishes when available. Much nicer than cereal and it was served hot.

http://tom911.smugmug.com/Airlines-I...76_JeN2k-S.jpg
healthier too. ^

Last edited by dstan; Jan 31, 2010 at 5:47 pm Reason: please avoid including images in quotes whenever possible
Old Jan 31, 2010, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by tom911
Oatmeal with brown sugar on the 0945 SFO-ORD. This was so good think I'll be requesting it now instead of the egg dishes when available. Much nicer than cereal and it was served hot.
Thanks for the great pic Tom! Looks great, I'll definitely try it if offered on my next b-fast flight Do you know are those by any chance Irish steel cut oats? It appears so from the picture, but you never know. Also, do you know if it is prepared on-board or simply reheated.

Last edited by JY1024; Jan 11, 2011 at 1:38 pm Reason: removed quoted image
Old Jan 31, 2010, 5:40 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, former AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Uber Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
I was on AA 145 yesterday as well and the same FA did tell me they believe the made-to order sundaes are being replaced with pre-plated Ben & Jerry's.

See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...undaes-aa.html
AA press release: http://aa.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=2769

It appears they are transitioning 2-class transcons in F to B&J's, check Wchou's report on AA 264 LAX-BOS.
Well this ruins my day. Those sundaes have been around for as long as I can remember... anyone know when they became a 'tradition' of sorts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.