Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2010 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2010, 7:25 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
AA 2513 RDU-DFW 3:30 p.m. (Snack)

Cheeseburger or Chicken Cobb Salad. Had the Cheeseburger which was fine. Served which Lettuce/Tomato/Pickle on the side and a bag of chips. I wish the salad would come with a side salad.

AA 1032 DFW-RDU 4:50 p.m. (Dinner)

Stuffed Shells or Breaded Chicken. Not the best dinner choices IMHO. Couldn't see anybody with the chicken. Shells were better than last time I had them but still pretty bland. Typical salad on the side. Bigger size foccacia bread and a cheesecake (which was the best non-ice cream dinner desert I've had on AA in a while).
Old Jan 21, 2010, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by sts603
AA 2513 RDU-DFW 3:30 p.m. (Snack)

Cheeseburger or Chicken Cobb Salad. Had the Cheeseburger which was fine. Served which Lettuce/Tomato/Pickle on the side and a bag of chips. I wish the salad would come with a side salad.

AA 1032 DFW-RDU 4:50 p.m. (Dinner)

Stuffed Shells or Breaded Chicken. Not the best dinner choices IMHO. Couldn't see anybody with the chicken. Shells were better than last time I had them but still pretty bland. Typical salad on the side. Bigger size foccacia bread and a cheesecake (which was the best non-ice cream dinner desert I've had on AA in a while).

Exact same choices last week on DCA-DFW and DFW-DCA. I'm flying these segments again this weekend, and I'll report back if the offerings are different.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 2:17 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Does anyone have DFW-HNL or DFW-OGG menu?

Thanks.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Priority Gold, National Executive
Originally Posted by sts603
The controversy has made it into today's WSJ.

And so, France gets a dose of its own medicine. The Australian ruling is satisfaction for any producer whose marketing has been thwarted by Europe's system of geographical indications, which the French pioneered. Many a Californian sparkling wine producer has been frustrated by not being able to sell his product abroad as "champagne." Armenian-made cognac, said to be Winston Churchill's preferred variety, must similarly be sold as "brandy" for fear of invoking Gallic wrath.

Full text: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...wsreel_opinion
So off topic here but I have to jump in and give my NSHO: France should not be calling any sauvignon blanc a "Kiwi Cuvee" and should rightfully remove that from any nomenclature of a sauvignon blanc from the Loire Valley, whether it is marketed anywhere in the EU, Asia or the US and the EU should enforce this in any EU country where this wine is sold.

Europe's geographic designations have a very important place in how all comestibles are perceived,marketed and sold throughout the world. Words such as Champagne and Cognac indicate a specific geographic location and the AOC laws which were once only enforceable within the confines of the French borders became more important when the guidelines for the European Union were being formulated. Not only are they words identifying a specific place geographically, they also identify unique site characteristics that the wine may have based on where the fruit was grown. Sparkling wine and brandy are words that identify a style not a place and it really has nothing to do with the wrath of Gaul.

An Armenian made brandy is not a Cognac because the grapes to make it were grown nowhere near Cognac much the same way you cannot call a whiskey Scotch or Bourbon if it is not elaborated Scotland or Kentucky, and even then, the geography gets narrowed down to specific counties.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Dinner on 1/15 BOS-SFO was a choice of Poulet Basquaise or the standard cheese ravioli. The poulet was a poor rendition of the classic French dish...but there have been worse AA main dishes....
Old Jan 21, 2010, 7:11 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Lunch on AA 630 today, MCO-->JFK

Warm nuts with a glass of white wine.

Choice of chicken cobb salad or hamburger with pickles, tomato, and lettuce. Served with a bag of chips.

I selected the burger which was a bit well done but good. It was served with ketchup, mayonaise, and mustard.

Since there was no printed menu, I didn't note the wine choices but the white (Chardonnay) was decent enough but nothing to write home (or FT) about.

Last edited by jspira; Jan 21, 2010 at 10:42 pm
Old Jan 21, 2010, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP
JFK-MIA 763, this past Monday 1-18-10

Choice of steak or tortellini... I had the steak which came with mashed potatoes and green beans.. Amazingly, everything was delicious - the beef was just slightly rare and not dry at all, the green beans were nicely seasoned and not mushy. One of the best meals I have had recently.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by jakuda
The poulet was a poor rendition of the classic French dish...but there have been worse AA main dishes....
Name one. It is pretty awful.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by vasantn
Name one. It is pretty awful.
The lamb medallions (this was a DUB flight) was pretty awful.
Chicken Fried Steak was pretty horrendous.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
I actually rather liked the Poulet Basquaise; it looks very plain, but it was tasty enough, well prepared, and a darn sight healthier than most offerings. (In any event, it's just as well we don't all like the same things.)

I agree that the recent Eggs Benedict is quite a good breakfast, and that last year's chicken fried steak was the worst thing I've ever seen on a plate.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 10:11 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Here's the "Midnight Raid" snack for the LAX-BOS red-eye:

To Start: Warm Mixed Nuts

Main Course:

Grilled Lemon Chicken
Lemon marinated chicken with goat cheese, almonds, and strawberries - served chilled, over seasonal greens with sour cream and herb dressing

Fruit and Cheese Plate
Fresh mozzarella, cheddar, and jalapeno pepper jack cheese accompanied by juicy grapes, cherry tomatoes, and dried fruit

Soup
Creamy wild mushroom soup with sourdough garlic croutons, garnished with Parmesan cheese

All entrees are served with a crusty French roll
Old Jan 21, 2010, 10:39 pm

1/20/2010
AA1133: BOS-DFW. Breakfast. MD-80
Great Purser on this flight. Very attentive and always available. Before takeoff, everyone was offered water or OJ. FEBO was followed.

Cheese omelet and potatoes. Filling was like a chive cream cheese. Pretty bland. Potatoes were a bit greasy. The fruit was nice and sweet. Biscuit not pictured but its was good.

AA1499: DFW-SJC. Snack. MD-80
Another great Purser. Despite a full flight and running out of overhead space which required tons of gate checks, a round of predeparture water or OJ was offered. FEBO was followed to my disadvantage.

The usual starter. A ramekin of warm nuts. Ordered a Coke and got the full can (WOOT!)

Originally ordered the salmon salad but deferred the last one to my seatmate. This guy makes Ryan Bingham in Up In The Air look like a Kettle. Needless to say, he earned it by doing the EXP Trifecta and then some. Ended up with the BBQ chicken pizza. Not bad for a snack. Like someone observed, it was almost like a quiche. Included a decent small salad with herb vinaigrette dressing. Side was a yummy red pepper hummus with pita chips

Ended with a cranberry oatmeal cookie. Got another full can of Coke.

Last edited by WChou; Jan 21, 2010 at 11:18 pm
Old Jan 23, 2010, 11:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP/Admiral's Club; Amex Platinum; AA Citi Executive; SPG Gold
Bos-lax (aa 145-1/23)

One of the last flights of the 763 on this route

Dinner Service

Warm Nuts

Mojito Shrimp served with somen noodles garnished with parsley

Standard Salad

Bread Basket

Choice of grilled chicken breast with basmati rice or the four cheese ravioli with tomato sauce

Ice Cream sundae (the real kind where they come around with the cart-sadly this will be disappearing soon the FAs say)

Cookies before landing
Old Jan 24, 2010, 10:21 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by All American Flyer

Ice Cream sundae (the real kind where they come around with the cart-sadly this will be disappearing soon the FAs say)
Really? Since when?
Old Jan 24, 2010, 10:21 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
AA 222 LAX-BOS 1/23/10 7:25 a.m. (767-300)

Disclaimer: I found the menu for this flight in the magazine compartment on AA 145, but thought it would still be a good idea to post it for reference.

Brunch

Seasonal fruit appetizer

Main Course
Eggs Benedict
An English muffin topped with turkey, Canadian bacon, scrambled eggs with creams cheese and chives and Hollandaise sauce garnished with a grilled tomato half

An American Classics item

Cereal and Fruit with Yogurt
Served with a banana and fresh seasonal berries

Breakfast Breads
A selection of breakfast breads

Light Refreshment
Freshly baked on board cookies

Pre-Arrival Beverage
For Your Enjoyment
Chilled Sparking water with a fresh citrus garnish

Wines and Beverages
Sparkling Wine-Scudo di Corte Prosecco
White Wines-Warburn Estate Gossips Chardonnay; Kiwi Cuvée Sauvignon Blanc
Red Wines-Lot 205 Zinfadel; Waca Coonawarra Cabernet Sauvignon

1/10 2cls, First, Brunch-Snack

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.