Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 24, 2013, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post and may edit this Wikipost.

For updates from the MIA North Terminal, see: http://www.miami-airport.com/cip_north_terminal.asp

10/9/11 - The new MIA Mover train from the terminal to the Rental Car Center is now open. [Press release and photos] [Link to Post #174 for start of discussion and photos]

9/12/11 - The current Customs & Immigration hall is in Concourse E. The new hall in Concourse D is now slated to open in Fall 2012. [Link to Post #176] [Link to Post #193]

10/02/10 - List of new MIA food/retail opening in the coming months [Link to Post #158]

9/28/10 - The Concourse E Admirals Club and Flagship lounge closed on this date and the new Concourse D15 Admirals Club opened the following day. The new Flagship Lounge at Concourse D30/37 is scheduled to open "in the future". [Link to Post #149]

9/15/10 - The North Terminal/Concourse D Skytrain is now running. [Link to Post #133] [Link to Skytrain Map]

8/20/10 - American Eagle moves to Regional Commuter Facility at Concourse D gate D60. [Link to Post #99]

7/20/10 - Gates D1-D19 (formerly Concourse A) reopen, along with associated security checkpoint; 8 out of 16 gates in use until Skytrain opens in Sept 2010. [Link to Post #66] [Link to Press Release]

7/12/10 - The new rental car center is now open and is served by shuttle buses; train service from the airport is scheduled for Fall 2011. [Post #65]

5/11/10 - For dstan's brief report on the progress of the Concourse D renovations, see Post #59

7/26/12 - The new North Terminal International Arrivals Facility is scheduled to open on 7/31/12 - [Post #235]

Print Wikipost

MIA / Miami Airport AA Terminal Renovations (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2010, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I rode the train for the first time today. NICE!
Old Sep 17, 2010, 2:49 am

terminals connected airside?

I'm going to be flying to/from MIA on Delta, so I assume terminal H.

I'd like to try the new train while I am there. Are the various terminals connected air side, or does each terminal have its own security so that I won't be able to enter the areas used by AA/One world with my Delta boarding pass?

(Any suggestions for things to do/see while I am at MIA?)
Old Sep 17, 2010, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by Burj
I'm going to be flying to/from MIA on Delta, so I assume terminal H. I'd like to try the new train while I am there. Are the various terminals connected air side, or does each terminal have its own security so that I won't be able to enter the areas used by AA/One world with my Delta boarding pass?
Unfortunately, the only connection between the different terminals (concourses) is landside. You would not be able to clear security in the North Terminal (Concourse D) with a DL boarding pass.

(Any suggestions for things to do/see while I am at MIA?)
The restaurant offerings have improved in recent years, however, most all are located airside. I think that the MIA International Hotel (landside, opposite the entrance to Concourse E) has a lounge and at one time sold day passes to their pool (I don't know if they still do). Otherwise, I think DL has a SkyClub at MIA.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 5:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, 1MM
Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
I think that the MIA International Hotel (landside, opposite the entrance to Concourse E) has a lounge and at one time sold day passes to their pool (I don't know if they still do). Otherwise, I think DL has a SkyClub at MIA.
Are you sure there is a pool at this hotel? I didn't think there was.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 6:45 am
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by dickinson
I rode the train for the first time today. NICE!
Very cool.. Rode it this morning on arrival from EZE. Felt quite un-Miami like to ride the train. Even the ride up the escalator is reminiscent of DFW. Its also cool that they segregate the sterile arrivals area from the departing PAX's.

Now the bad.. Its still quite a hike for INTL arrivals from Station-2 where they make you get off to the E immigration hall. I think there is a new immigration hall coming (recall reading something here) so perhaps that will be mitigated soon.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 10:19 am

Programs: Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by redrock
Very cool.. Rode it this morning on arrival from EZE. Felt quite un-Miami like to ride the train. Even the ride up the escalator is reminiscent of DFW. Its also cool that they segregate the sterile arrivals area from the departing PAX's.

Now the bad.. Its still quite a hike for INTL arrivals from Station-2 where they make you get off to the E immigration hall. I think there is a new immigration hall coming (recall reading something here) so perhaps that will be mitigated soon.
I have an AA flight arriving in Miami from Rio that lands 5:15 AM. My connecting AA flight departs at 6:25 AM. My previous experiences in Miami lead me to think it's not enough time to deplane, hike to immigration/customs (just carry-on bags), and then trek back to terminal D. However, my next best connecting flight would be 12:40 PM and this new train gives me some hope. I am tempted to try it. Does anyone have any thoughts on whether the train would make this achievable? The hike from station 2 that redrock mentions sounds like it's still quite a walk. I'm willing to bring my jogging shoes, though.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 10:55 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by bluto
I have an AA flight arriving in Miami from Rio that lands 5:15 AM. My connecting AA flight departs at 6:25 AM. My previous experiences in Miami lead me to think it's not enough time to deplane, hike to immigration/customs (just carry-on bags), and then trek back to terminal D. However, my next best connecting flight would be 12:40 PM and this new train gives me some hope. I am tempted to try it. Does anyone have any thoughts on whether the train would make this achievable? The hike from station 2 that redrock mentions sounds like it's still quite a walk. I'm willing to bring my jogging shoes, though.
You should make it (no checked bags) if you are one of the first in line and have no issues clearing immigration). Two weeks ago from GRU I made off the plane, through customs and to E Entrance in 5 minutes. The train will make it easier but even without the train you might be able to make.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 11:58 am

Programs: AA EXP 5.07MM; Marriott Lifetime Pt; Hyatt Diam; Avis
Thumbs up that flight from GUG arrives @ 4:30-4:45am most mornings

so, you'll have plenty of time
Old Sep 17, 2010, 11:59 am

Programs: AA EXP 5.07MM; Marriott Lifetime Pt; Hyatt Diam; Avis
Thumbs up that flight from GIG arrives @ 4:30-4:45am most mornings

so, you'll have plenty of time
Old Sep 17, 2010, 1:48 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Arrow OP Updated

I've added a couple milestones to the OP. If there are others people would like to see added, please let me know.

/Moderator
Old Sep 17, 2010, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
Unfortunately, the only connection between the different terminals (concourses) is landside. You would not be able to clear security in the North Terminal (Concourse D) with a DL boarding pass.

Otherwise, I think DL has a SkyClub at MIA.
That is really disappointing to hear. Any chance of getting a gate pass from AA to get to see the North terminal?

There is a Delta SkyClub in H and it is actually suppose to be very nice...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdo5eTIS_hI
Old Sep 18, 2010, 6:19 am

Programs: AA 2.88 MM-EXPlat, HHDiamond, SPG & Marriott Silver
MIA FL at E gate still open

The FL at the old E gate is still open until Sept 28th.
We are enjoying it pre-departure.

The new AC at the d-15 gate is not open yet, but supposed to open Sept 28th, when the E lounge closes.

As others have already posted, the new FL at the D-30/37 location is scheduled for spring 2011.

And the trains are running nicely.

Cheers,
Old Sep 18, 2010, 6:59 am

Programs: AA PLT 2mm SPG Gold HH Diamond
Originally Posted by socoast
The FL at the old E gate is still open until Sept 28th.
We are enjoying it pre-departure.

The new AC at the d-15 gate is not open yet, but supposed to open Sept 28th, when the E lounge closes.

As others have already posted, the new FL at the D-30/37 location is scheduled for spring 2011.

And the trains are running nicely.

Cheers,
So does that mean there will be no FL from Sep 28th until Spring? I was planning on using it next month but I guess that wont happen.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by socoast
An AC staff member told me that the "E" Club staff would work their last night in the "E" Club on the evening of the 28th, and would then report to the new "D" Club on the morning of the 29th.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 7:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT
Sad news for smokers.
Our oasis(formerly at D35) is gone now

And there is no priority access at security near D25/26

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.