Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Upfared itinerary On Hold (with cleared SWUs / eVIPs) gets downfared upon purchase

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upfared itinerary On Hold (with cleared SWUs / eVIPs) gets downfared upon purchase

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2009, 5:00 pm

Location: Stuck Between the Moon and CLD or SAN, Your local Taco Bell
Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT, DL PM, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Alternately, isn't there a little window on aa.com that pops up asking if you want to chat with an AAgent? I'd think you could do it that way as well.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 5:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM
Originally Posted by McFlyPHL
Alternately, isn't there a little window on aa.com that pops up asking if you want to chat with an AAgent? I'd think you could do it that way as well.
I think the popup if for someone to call you rather than online chat (but may be available international??). An alternative methods that does not require a phone is to hold the O-class fare as suggested above and then email web services from this page:

http://www.aa.com/aa/contactAA/viewC...m+Web+Services

If you give the PNR of the held flight and the flight numbers that need to be upfared, they should be able to do it before the hold expires. They will then email you back to confirm it has been done and you can go into the held resevation and see the new fare.

I've done it this way before. While it is more cumbersome and slower than calling, you can get it done if phoning is prohibitive.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 4:29 pm

It won't help OP on this situation, but I've solved my problem of calling back to USA by buying and using Magic Jack. If you have a high speed internet connection the calls back to America are free.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 8:55 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
As there are some good advice and suggestions in jackywhatever's thread on upfaring from overseas, it has now been merged into the key Upfare thread that is referenced in the FAQ.

Note nbevan's post upthread, indicating that Web Services seems to be reluctant to upfare international itineraries.

/Moderator
Old Jul 15, 2009, 9:46 pm

Programs: AA LTP 2MM, Marriott/SPG Rabid Plat w/Ambassador, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by jackywhatever
I have read the wiki, upclass should be possible through the phone but is that possible with to do that completely online? I am outside the states right now.
Skype also allows you to make free 1-800 number calls, as long as you have a microphone and an Internet connection, and you can download it for free, so that might help if you're overseas.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 11:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Originally Posted by dstan
Note nbevan's post upthread, indicating that Web Services seems to be reluctant to upfare international itineraries.
I am assuming that this is now superseded by the ability of an agent to upfare an existing reservation without a fee when applying a SWU.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 8:15 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by nbevan
I am assuming that this is now superseded by the ability of an agent to upfare an existing reservation without a fee when applying a SWU.
Even prior to this I've had agents (these were EXP agents, not Web Services) quite willing to do this on an itin to LIM (Q->N). Since I also wanted to use a discount coupon I couldn't let them do that and had to resort to odder machinations, but they were quite happy to comply.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.