FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   DEQM: It's baaaack... 2x EQM 3/18-6/15 2009! (consolidated) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/932963-deqm-its-baaaack-2x-eqm-3-18-6-15-2009-consolidated.html)

tom911 Mar 18, 2009 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX (Post 11433797)
Registered and screenshot saved :) ^

Why are you saving a screenshot? Don't you get the confirmations in e-mail? I do and just drop them in an AA promos folder.

globetraveler Mar 18, 2009 1:06 pm

Perhaps a dumb question, but I booked an itinerary yesterday and placed the reservation on "hold" but will be ticketing today. Will the reservation still qualify for DEQM's? (I tried re-booking the same res, but the fare has gone up)

Thanks!

dstan Mar 18, 2009 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by oklAAhoma (Post 11434169)
Thanks. Nice to see you are making good use of the gadgets in your new toolbox. :)

And it only took me 3 or 4 tries to get it right! :)

old3 Mar 18, 2009 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by globetraveler (Post 11434320)
Perhaps a dumb question, but I booked an itinerary yesterday and placed the reservation on "hold" but will be ticketing today. Will the reservation still qualify for DEQM's?

I was in the same situation. According to the ExPlat desk, the itinerary is considered "booked" when it is put "on hold." Since it was "booked" on March 17, that itinerary would not qualify for the promo.

ilovetofly Mar 18, 2009 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by old3 (Post 11434387)
I was in the same situation. According to the ExPlat desk, the itinerary is considered "booked" when it is put "on hold." Since it was "booked" on March 17, that itinerary would not qualify for the promo.

Per T&C

Offer applies only to new reservations booked between March 18, 2009, and June 15, 2009. Registration prior to travel is required.

So I guess EXP desk is right.

TrojanHorse Mar 18, 2009 1:34 pm

just double checking here

but is there any must purchase on AA.com requirement?

I buy all my work tix via AX so I don't wanto lose out if there is an AA.com requirement

thanks

soriano Mar 18, 2009 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge (Post 11433976)
Wow, could AA make it any easier for me to make EXP again in 2009. Cheap fares to FRA and now a $48 r/t ($70.20 ai) for NYC/BOS. .

Hi, may I ask how you are finding these fares? on AA or another third party site? Particular days of the week?

Thanks

billgrates3 Mar 18, 2009 1:38 pm

codeshare interpretation...

So... let's say I travel LAX-LHR-JNB r/t, all on AA flight numbers.
Will only the LAX-LHR segment count for DBEQMs? i.e. the BA flight with AA codeshare flight number doesn't qualify for the bonus?

Hagbard Viking Mar 18, 2009 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by billgrates3 (Post 11434482)
Will only the LAX-LHR segment count for DBEQMs? i.e. the BA flight with AA codeshare flight number doesn't qualify for the bonus?

Are the Terms and Conditions really that difficult to interpret or do they just not state what you wanted to read?

"Flights operated by our codeshare partners or oneworldŽ alliance carriers are not eligible for this promotion."

riteshraja Mar 18, 2009 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by SkedGuy (Post 11434065)
We're using our EVIPs for the LAX-ORD-PVG and PVG-ORD-LAX legs. Add that to the fact that we'll get the ORD-PVG 5k bonus and the BOS-LAX 3x bonus, and we're talking about 59,314 AAdvantage miles for the trip.

If you're going to be on these flights, let us know!

So this promotion works when combined with others?

I called the EXP desk to confirm. No codeshares allowed for this promotion according to the person I talked to.

pdog02 Mar 18, 2009 1:52 pm

I don't know how much clearer the T&Cs can get

Flights operated by our codeshare partners or oneworldŽ alliance carriers are not eligible for this promotion.

LINK TO AA.COM

ORDPLATAA Mar 18, 2009 2:08 pm

T&C's state has to be marketed and operated by American / American Eagle / American Connection.

mktozd Mar 18, 2009 2:28 pm

Have cancelled two months worth of travel (fully refundable). Will have all rebooked tomorrow.

HoyaBoy98 Mar 18, 2009 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by ilovetofly (Post 11434449)
Per T&C

Offer applies only to new reservations booked between March 18, 2009, and June 15, 2009. Registration prior to travel is required.

So I guess EXP desk is right.

Hello FT-AA Community,

I have been a lurker for some months now, but I have been caught up in the excitement of DBEQM and decided it was time to register.

In respect of the meaning of "booked", I actually received a different interpretation when I spoke with AA earlier today.

The representative I spoke with indicated that she had received this question from other callers and had spoken with Customer Service. According to her, a flight that I placed on hold on aa.com last night, but purchased and which was ticketed today WOULD qualify for the promotion.

Boraxo Mar 18, 2009 2:49 pm

Very nice. Might bring me back to AA from the dark side (UA). Combine with a Plat challenge, 12500 miles would net Plat this year, Gold next year. Or maybe better to go with Gold challenge and get exit row access sooner.