Programs: AA PLT, ICH Plat
Changing Domestic Portion Int'l Ticket

GRU-MIA-HNL on a non-refundable ticket.

Need to change MIA-HNL leg.

Is that $150 or $250 change fee?
Old Mar 8, 2013, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
I'm betting the fare rules of your ticket do NOT cite separate domestic and international change fees.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 8:07 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
I'm betting the fare rules of your ticket do NOT cite separate domestic and international change fees.
That was my initial thought as well. However, I do know that multi-segment trips have separate Fare Rule pages for each segment. I wonder if each of these lists a separate fee. Even if so, I wonder if there's a clause that says that the most "expensive" fee applies, just as the most restrictive rules apply.

Cheers.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 9:14 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The change fee is whatever the fare rules say for the ticket purchased. That is almost certainly $250.

But, this doesn't mean that it isn't waiveable. If you are polite & patient, you may well get an agent to waive the fee by asking whether it's possible to pay "only" the $150 domestic fee. It's easier for the agent to waive than to adjust.

So many people abuse CSR's that when they get someone pleasant on the phone, they are more likely to cut them some slack.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.