Lan Peru / Lima & Lound "Exceptions"

Old Mar 12, 2009, 10:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
Lan Peru / Lima & Lound "Exceptions"

I just had a rather confusing call with an EXP agent while trying to confirm what I thought was rather straight forward information. It has been quite a while since I've been to Lima, however, I was looking to confirm arrivals facilities for an EXP arriving in J on AA metal and also confirm a departure lounge for a OW Emerald (the same super-great guy!) flying out of Lima on Lan Peru in a one class plane. I was told that Lan Peru has an 'exemption' with oneWorld and does not grant access to people flying on any ticket not issued by Lan Peru itself.

Huh? Sounds very fishy. I called a second agent ("When you don't like the answer, hang up and call back!!). She didn't understand the 'lounge' concept at all. Can anyone confirm?

I'm flying in from FRA, all on AA metal, so of all times in my life I'll want a darned shower, this is it!

So to recap:

I'm flying in to LIM on AA metal in J
I'm continuing on a seperate ticket from LIM to CUZ on Lan Peru
I'm EXP with my SO (Gold)

Before I book the LIM-CUZ flight, I'm trying to confirm a shower either in an arrivals facility from my AA flight or in an LP departure lounge by virtue of my oneWorld status. If, God forbid, there isn't any shower option, I'm going to book my flight on to CUZ much closer to my arrival. Our complication is the type of room we want at our hotel in CUZ is sold out the night before our arrival, so we will either have to wait until after noon for our preferred room or settle on something less desirable and check in right away. I truly enjoy being clean, so this is quite a decision.

Edit: ACK! Can't change title. LOUND = LOUNGE. Waaaaaay too tired tonight.

Last edited by DillMan; Mar 12, 2009 at 10:23 pm
Old Mar 12, 2009, 10:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.6MM
I flew from LIM to EZE on LAN Peru and LIM to MIA on AA three weeks ago I and was able to use the VIP lounge no problem, they actually gave me a coupon to get in the lounge while doing check-in. I'm a AC member as well, but this lounge its pretty good and has lots of amenities. Like you said, hang up and ask again.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 10:26 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
No arrivals lounge. They do have a departure lounge and I've used it as EXP flying AA (it is a shared lounge). This is only for international- is your LAN flight domestic (within Peru)? If so, no lounge.

Cheers.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
Originally Posted by brp
No arrivals lounge. They do have a departure lounge and I've used it as EXP flying AA (it is a shared lounge). This is only for international- is your LAN flight domestic (within Peru)? If so, no lounge.

Cheers.
Ahhhh. Indeed it is. LIM-CUZ (Cuzco) is my route.

Oh well, I guess we shall just hope nobody has to sit near me. I shall be rather ripe.

Thank you good sir.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 10:45 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by DillMan
Good luck getting out. We tried that recently and it didn't work very well. Weather and all

Cheers.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 3:42 am

Programs: AA MM EP, QF Gold, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTT, HH Gold, National Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DillMan

Oh well, I guess we shall just hope nobody has to sit near me. I shall be rather ripe.

Thank you good sir.
Having just flown that route, I'll echo the no lounge comment, sadly. There's a sign for a VIP lounge, but it no longer exists.

I would advise getting a seat in one of the first four rows of the aircraft on your LIM-CUZ flight, as these seats are the J seats when those aircraft operates longer flights within South America. They're still not great, but there's a bit more leg room, and if the middle seat is empty, the center section of that seat folds down revealing a tray and cup holders. There are also levers underneath the arm rests (near the seatbacks) that allow you to swing the arm rests out a couple of inches into the middle seat, increasing the width of your seat. You'll get some strange looks, but no one stopped me on several flights.

Also, in case you're on an award J ticket (or a revenue J ticket) I'd strongly recommend changing from an AA-operated flight from the U.S. to LIM to a LAN-operated one. The new LAN lie-flat seats (and the entire cabin and service) is excellent, while AA offers nothing more than domestic first seats on old aircraft. My relatively short flight on LAN from MIA to LIM was one of the best I've had on any carrier.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.