Wiki Posts
Search

Promo 2009: Triple Miles "BOS3X" BOS - LAX, SFO, SAN

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2009, 5:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
Promo 2009: Triple Miles "BOS3X" BOS - LAX, SFO, SAN

Choose American Airlines for your next trip between Boston and Los Angeles, San Francisco, or San Diego**, and you can earn triple AAdvantage miles every time you fly during this promotion - miles that can take you to more than 700 exciting destinations worldwide. In fact, after just three round-trips, you'll earn enough miles for a free* trip to London!

To qualify for this promotion, just follow these three easy steps:
Book your trip between March 2, 2009 and May 31, 2009
Register before your trip using promotion code BOS3X
Fly between March 2, 2009 and May 31, 2009

* Passenger and/or AAdvantage member is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with award travel. Award travel to London refers to a MileSAAver® award in Economy Class for travel on American Airlines during the off-peak travel period. Standard AAdvantage award terms and conditions apply. For more information, visit www.aa.com/aadvantage.

** Nonstop service between Boston and San Diego begins on April 7, 2009.

Terms and Conditions:
AAdvantage bonus mile offer is valid on American Airlines marketed and operated nonstop flights for travel between Boston (BOS) and Los Angeles (LAX), San Francisco (SFO), or San Diego (SAN), March 2, 2009, through May 31, 2009. Service between Boston and San Diego begins on April 7, 2009. Offer applies only to AAdvantage members who reside in the U.S. and purchase and fly on published fare tickets. Valid only for new reservations booked between March 2, 2009, and May 31, 2009. Bonus miles do not count toward elite status qualification. Flights operated by our codeshare partners are not eligible for this promotion. Registration prior to travel is required. Triple miles will be calculated at 200% of the base miles flown.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
The promo does not appear to be operational just yet. I get an error while trying to register. Perhaps it will become operational on March 2nd.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 7:08 am

Programs: AA PLT
I get the same error message. Seems strange they would put up a promo and not state anywhere a begin date for signup. Must be an infamous AA glitch

I just emailed them, will post when I get a response.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 8:44 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 2.6MM, B6 Mosaic
I just got this response from AA Cust Svc after telling them I couldn't register from their direct link:

Dear Mr. BOSnomad:

We appreciate your recent email to AAdvantage® Customer Service.

We are eager to respond to your message but unfortunately we are not
sure what promotion you are asking about. BOS3X is not a valid promotion
code. I am sorry that we do not understand your inquiry but am hopeful
that you will contact us again with additional information about the
promotion. If you would prefer to speak with an AAdvantage Customer
Service representative, please call us at 800-882-8880 and say
'AAdvantage Account' when prompted at the Main Menu.

Thank you for participating in the AAdvantage program. We appreciate
your business.

Regards,

Claudia P.
AAdvantage Customer Service
American Airlines
Old Feb 27, 2009, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Wow! Talking about the right hand not knowing what the left is doing. Did you respond to CS by suggesting they look at the special offers page of aa.com (their own website) for further information?
Old Feb 27, 2009, 9:00 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Forget "talk to the hand" - these geniuses need a rectocapitectomy!
Old Feb 27, 2009, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by bdemaria
Wow! Talking about the right hand not knowing what the left is doing. Did you respond to CS by suggesting they look at the special offers page of aa.com (their own website) for further information?
Lots of potential responses went through my head when I got the email. I even typed a few of them into a reply. Then, having exorcised the sarcasm demons, I deleted the email and figured they should figure it out all by themselves.

It was, however, too good to not share here on FT.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 9:43 am

It worked for me (BOS is typically my airport anyway).

Thank you for registering for the BOS3X promotion on AA.com.

To earn the bonus or other incentives offered, you must meet all of the requirements associated with this promotion. Details about this promotion may be found at AA.com in the AAdvantage(R) section, under "AAdvantage Bonus Offers".

Some of the requirements may include, but are not limited to:

# Traveling on a specific flight, route or airline
# Type of fare purchased
# Residency requirements. Residency is based on the primary address listed on your AAdvantage account.

Activity that occurred prior to registering for the promotion will not be included in qualifying for the bonus or incentive. To obtain additional information, please contact AA.com Web Services.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 9:44 am

BOS3X code now working a/o 11:43AM ET.

Cheers.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 10:06 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Thanks OP!!! I actually had an LAX-BOS RT coming up for those periods! Maybe I should do two or three just for the heck of it ^^

For PLT and above, this essentially means quadruple RDMs ^^^

Last edited by kebosabi; Feb 27, 2009 at 10:53 am
Old Feb 27, 2009, 10:16 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Residency requirement?

I see in the T&C that this offer only applies to AAdvantage members residing in the US. Given that the vast majority of AAdvantage members would be US residents anyway and the number of non-US residents potentially taking aadvantage of the offer would be statistically insignificant for AA, why even bother excluding them? Is there a blindingly obvious commercial reason I'm missing?

I know AA's computer systems aren't the most modern and that I may get the bonus miles anyway but I wouldn't book one of these routes on my next US trip without knowing for certain that that would be the case. Just curious.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 10:18 am

Hey all,
Not a regular AA follower, but this thread sparked some interest.
Reading the t&c and something seems wrong here:
Bonus miles do not count toward elite status qualification. Flights operated by our codeshare partners are not eligible for this promotion. Registration prior to travel is required. Triple miles will be calculated at 200% of the base miles flown.

I think it's just the wording. But wouldn't triple miles be calculated at 300% of the base miles flown?
Old Feb 27, 2009, 10:37 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Originally Posted by mikensf74
Hey all,
Not a regular AA follower, but this thread sparked some interest.
Reading the t&c and something seems wrong here:
Bonus miles do not count toward elite status qualification. Flights operated by our codeshare partners are not eligible for this promotion. Registration prior to travel is required. Triple miles will be calculated at 200% of the base miles flown.

I think it's just the wording. But wouldn't triple miles be calculated at 300% of the base miles flown?
Base miles plus 200% of base miles = triple miles.

For example: Base, 5,000 miles plus 10,000 miles = 15,000 miles. Triple miles.

Then add in the PLAT/EXP 5,000 miles bonus = 20,000 miles. Quadruple miles for two 5+ hour flights. Currently $249 ai from SAN!
Old Feb 27, 2009, 10:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mikensf74
That might be how you ( and others) interpret it .. but as far as I can remember how its stated in the T&C has always been the way AA calculates it.
In fact ALL loyalty programs (and I can cite HH, SPG, National as examples)
have always denoted the TRIPLE to be a mutiple of total number of miles earned.

mike

Last edited by MIKESILV; Feb 27, 2009 at 10:57 am
Old Feb 27, 2009, 10:51 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by lili
Then add in the PLAT/EXP 5,000 miles bonus = 20,000 miles. Quadruple miles for two 5+ hour flights. Currently $249 ai from SAN!
Just becareful that you're not supposed to book this until March 2nd as stated in the T&Cs!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.