Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Longhaul menu / menus; meal experiences/requests for menus 2009 (consolidated)

Old Feb 20, 2009, 10:35 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life

MODERATOR'S NOTE

For the 2010 threads, please see:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

dstan
AA Forum Co-Moderator
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original thread / post title: Meals from Frankfurt

I had another Darren McGrady dish yesterday (wasn't he the Royal Chef that also gave us oatmeal-crusted pork?) and have to say I enjoyed it. The menu has changed again and the meal options were:

Beef Roulade (featured dish)
Rack of Lamb
Roasted Chicken
Pasta (gnocchi)

Also had a different champagne than the Pommery I've been accustomed to this year: Champagne Martel Prestige Brut

The wine choices were:
Chateau du Seuil Graves Blanc, Bordeaux
Regatta Chardonnay, Russian River Valley
Chateau Lynch-Moussas
Chapoutier Coteaux du tricastin Rouge, Rhone

Excellent service throughout the 9+ hour flight.

PHOTOS of my meal HERE.

Are other FTers seeing the same meals from other European departure cities?

Had the good fortune to run into Deltahater and weinskkb at the ORD FL on the way home, but not a lot of time to chat due to a short connection.

Last edited by dstan; Feb 28, 2010 at 12:54 am
Old Feb 20, 2009, 10:48 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by tom911
I had another Darren McGrady dish yesterday (wasn't he the Royal Chef that also gave us oatmeal-crusted pork?) and have to say I enjoyed it. The menu has changed again and the meal options were:

Rack of Lamb
Roasted Chicken
Pasta (gnocchi)

Also had a different champagne than the Pommery I've been accustomed to this year: Champagne Martel Prestige Brut

The wine choices were:
Chateau Lynch-Moussas

PHOTOS of my meal HERE.

Had the good fortune to run into Deltahater and weinskkb at the ORD FL on the way home, but not a lot of time to chat due to a short connection.
Heading on a LGA/ORD/FRA two weeks from tomorrow and thanks for the heads up on the food. Although, I will spend the next week working it off in the gym.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 10:52 am

Programs: AA-EXP
Thank you for the pictures, tom, they're much enjoyed.

I had the roulade a couple weeks ago, and although I usually enjoy American's food, I ended up just eating the filet around the outside and giving the sausage back. The carrots were also a little sweet for my liking.

The lamb is a much better choice, IMO.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 10:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, MR LT PPE, Arise Mucci des Hommes de Fer
Originally Posted by tom911

Rack of Lamb
Roasted Chicken
Pasta (gnocchi)

The wine choices were:
Chateau Lynch-Moussas

PHOTOS of my meal HERE.

Tom,

Glad to see the Chateau Lynch-Moussas in J. I enjoyed it all the way to PVG last year!
Old Feb 20, 2009, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just a reminder about AA's great wine site at www.aa.com/wine and the accompanying pdf with tasting notes. The budget is small, but the wine people are doing miracles with it...kudos!
Old Feb 20, 2009, 11:35 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, SPG Gold
I agree with you on the excellent service. I flew J back from FRA last Monday and was so impressed with the FAs. The food was great too - although I really should have tried to work some of it off this week, since I'm doing another run tomorrow!
Old Feb 20, 2009, 1:37 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum AA Platinum UA Dirt Grey Marriott Ambassador Hyatt Globalist
Had the lamb on a FRA-DFW and it was excellent. Not very filling though, I was glad that I had some bread before.

Where did the good olive oil and balsamico go by the way ?
Old Feb 20, 2009, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA 2MM,Marriott, Hilton
tom911, looks like the same menu served from ORD-FRA except our beef dish was listed as beef fillet. It lked a little different , but was good. It had a mushroom sauce and came with asparagas, cant read German for spell check, and I don't recall the third item.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1MM
I had the same entree choices from LHR-LAX in J a few days ago. I tried the beef roulade and the lamb. I think I enjoyed the lamb most though it was kind of small. I was indifferent towards the beef.

I forget the wine list, but I think we had Pommery for champagne.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Guess I am kind of outside the norm here as I do not eat anything either in coach or in business. Flew in business class to and from LHR via ORD and to and from FRA via DFW, and I did not eat any food this year. Going to DUB this weekend and do not partake in the food either. I just cannot get worked up about airline food no matter what the cabin. Hence, I never eat. I just tend to like the bigger seat and the free alcohol. Probably why I prefer the 777, the NGBC seat is better IHMO than NGBC in the 763. Now having said that, most of the folks did seem to enjoy their meals for sure.

Safe Travels
Old Feb 20, 2009, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by GTITAN
Guess I am kind of outside the norm here as I do not eat anything either in coach or in business. Flew in business class to and from LHR via ORD and to and from FRA via DFW, and I did not eat any food this year. Going to DUB this weekend and do not partake in the food either. I just cannot get worked up about airline food no matter what the cabin. Hence, I never eat. I just tend to like the bigger seat and the free alcohol. Probably why I prefer the 777, the NGBC seat is better IHMO than NGBC in the 763. Now having said that, most of the folks did seem to enjoy their meals for sure.

Safe Travels
Have fun this weekend. I think there are alot of FT's going on this run this weekend. Maybe if they are still hungry, you can pass your food along to them??
Old Feb 20, 2009, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Thanks for sharing Tom! I hope the catering for J on 70/71 DFW-FRA-DFW is as good
Old Feb 20, 2009, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Originally Posted by chanp
Have fun this weekend. I think there are alot of FT's going on this run this weekend. Maybe if they are still hungry, you can pass your food along to them??
LOL, anyone is more than welcome to my share!!^

Safe Travels
Old Feb 20, 2009, 5:12 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
I call dibs on gtitan's ice cream!!!!
Old Feb 20, 2009, 6:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
I dunno about that ice cream Tom911.... you didn't get the nuts, berries and whip cream, man!!

(frankly, I much prefer a glass of Graham's ruby Port with my sundae... much better than that Bailey's shown in your pic)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.