Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Longhaul menu / menus; meal experiences/requests for menus 2009 (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Longhaul menu / menus; meal experiences/requests for menus 2009 (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2009, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA (PLATINUM), HHonors (DIAMOND)
Originally Posted by fanch26
CookieDough Icecream sundaes (about 6 loaded)

If this is true, how pathetic that AA does not load enough desserts for an entire F cabin.
Old May 22, 2009, 12:37 pm
Suspended

God i miss the days of long flights were you get real meals.
Old May 23, 2009, 9:33 pm

Anyone have an idea of what to expect in Y on ORD-NRT-ORD?
Old May 23, 2009, 10:40 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by fanch26
Your choice of
1) Goat Cheese Sandwich
2) Antipasto Plate

CookieDough Icecream sundaes (about 6 loaded)
Same SFO-BOS. I was sort of amazed that there was no hot option. The sandwich was fine, but I was hungry two hours later.
Old May 25, 2009, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
Originally Posted by Carfield
I assume this will be the May menu for all first class dinner flights from Boston to LAX/SFO...

That crab cakes were horrible... I took a bite and that is it! It was so smelly and just plain disgusting. I had the United version which is much better.

American Airlines
AA 145
Boston to Los Angeles
May 2009
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...8QbNHDNy5bqNXg

Avoid the crab cake at all costs! When you think “Chicken Fried Steak” is bad news, Crab cakes is even worse than anyone’s imagination.

Wine and Beverages
Sparkling Wine
Scudo di Corte Prosecco

White Wines
Foris Oregon Pinto Gris
Montevina Chardonnay

Red Wines
Buena Vista Carneros Pinot Noir
Murphy-Goode Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon

Dining Services
Thank you for choosing American Airlines. It is our pleasure to offer you a variety of dining options on today’s flight. We invite you to experience new menu items we call American Classics: where comfort meets gourmet.

To Start
Warm Mixed Nuts

Appetizer
Prosciutto garnished with Parmesan cheese, served with cantaloupe puree

Salad
A combination salad featuring fresh seasonal greens offered with sour cream and herb dressing or Sapori d’Arte olive oil and balsamic vinegar and accompanied by a mozzarella, cherry tomato and fresh basil salad

Bread Basket
Assorted Gourmet Breads

Main Course
Crab Cakes
Crab Cakes accented by a white wine cream sauce, with roasted red peppers and grilled asparagus

Cheese Tortellini with Romano sauce
Homemade tortellini stuffed with three cheeses, topped with tomato, mushroom and mozzarella sauce, Parmesan cheese and parsley

Dessert
Ice Cream Sundae
Vanilla ice cream with a choice of hot fudge, butterscotch or seasonal fruit toppings, whipped cream and pecans
Or
Fruit and cheese
A selection of seasonal fruit and fine cheeses

To Finish
Ghiradelli Chocolate

Light Refreshment
Freshly baked on board, OtisSpunkmeyer cookies

Pre-Arrival Beverage
For your enjoyment
Chilled sparkling water with a fresh citrus garnish

5/09
2 Cls, First, Dinner – Snack
73PM009 73PM188 203T003-1A 3
Same menu last night JFK-SEA. I had the crabcakes (had the three cheese tortellini on ZRH-JFK so did not feel like having it twice in a row!). I have to say they were not bad - a tad salty but not much, the asparagus was still al dente and the sauce stayed in the ramekin and wasn't splashed all over the plate. The appetizer was a whole different story - the prosciutto looked like it had Kraft shaker cheese sprinkled on it, was really dry (i know, it's a dried meat but still - it was like folded salty cardboard) and the side of pureed cantalope was just plain nasty. The hot fudge sundae and kahlua on the rocks more than made up for it!
Old May 25, 2009, 7:39 pm

Programs: I've gone underground!
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
I haven't actually tried the tortellini this month, but it looked like a regular mid-con pasta entree. The crab cakes weren't too bad (considerably better than the last two month's non-pasta options: chicken-fried steak and corned beef). I was curious if they were the same quality as the excellent crabcakes they used to serve in IFS F/J. They weren't, but they were more than edible and actually paired decently with the Pinot Gris.

-FlyerBeek
I thought the tortellini was decent, but it sat in my stomach like a brick. Ate it TPA-DFW and then didn't want to eat at all DFW-LHR, even on arrival.

I second someone else's request for a mixed green salad with either chicken or salmon, seasoned with some dill and a light citrus vinaigrette. Or something of the sort.
Old May 25, 2009, 10:11 pm

Flight attendant says crabcakes are like canned tuna cakes

My flight attendant the other day in F from BOS to LAX suggested the crab cakes were more like canned tuna cakes.

She said most people only ate 1 of the 2 if at all.
Old May 25, 2009, 10:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, CX MPC GLD, MR PLT, SPG PLT, National Exec.
Originally Posted by chuck1
My flight attendant the other day in F from BOS to LAX suggested the crab cakes were more like canned tuna cakes.

She said most people only ate 1 of the 2 if at all.

I enjoyed the crab cakes but I do recall saying to the flight attendant that they tasted more like fish sticks.
Old May 25, 2009, 11:10 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, AA EXP
The crab cakes are dying an early death - being replaced by meatloaf - at least ex-BOS.

- T
Old May 26, 2009, 12:21 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by TonySCV
The crab cakes are dying an early death - being replaced by meatloaf - at least ex-BOS.

- T
Seems like it. Tonight BOS-SFO the menu said crab cakes, but the crab cakes were replaced by meatloaf (which my seat mate seemed to enjoy). The FA said it was a catering mistake, but it seems like it might be a permanent replacement?
Old May 26, 2009, 8:21 am

Programs: AA PLT, USAir Gold
Originally Posted by TonySCV

- T
I've gotten the meatloaf out of LAX as well - about 10 days ago. I thought it was pretty good - it had a mushroom sauce, not ketchup like my mother used to make...

The lady next to me had the stuffed shells - they looked ok.
Old May 26, 2009, 8:26 am

Programs: AA PLT, USAir Gold
Originally Posted by AGSF
Same SFO-BOS. I was sort of amazed that there was no hot option. The sandwich was fine, but I was hungry two hours later.
Totally agree - I had gotten to the airport late (Los Angeles traffic - UGH!) and had to run straight to the plane. I was hungry when I got on the plane. I got the sandwich actually thinking it would be hot - it was called something like "roasted vegetable and goat cheese sandwich." It was just ok but I was starving well before I got to BOS. I was tempted to buy one of the Boston Market sandwiches from coach - which would have been much more substantial than the goat cheese sandwich.
Old May 26, 2009, 8:28 am

Programs: SPG PLT, AA EXP
Originally Posted by AGSF
Seems like it. Tonight BOS-SFO the menu said crab cakes, but the crab cakes were replaced by meatloaf (which my seat mate seemed to enjoy). The FA said it was a catering mistake, but it seems like it might be a permanent replacement?
It's technically a mistake, since the printout the FA's receive also says crab cakes. The menus are obviously incorrect as well. Regardless, it's clear they decided to get rid of the crab cakes early due to a high volume of customer complaints. I'd imagine as of 6/1 they'll get new menus with the error fixed - until then FA's that don't inspect the meals first are in for quite a surprise when they are ready to serve crab cakes.

The meatloaf is certainly edible BTW. Better than the salt laden crab cakes.

- T
Old Jun 8, 2009, 3:28 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
AA 289 ORD-PVG First Class May 2009

Dining Service

Wine List
Champagne
Heidsieck Monopole Brut

White Wines
Warburn Southeast Australia Premium Reserve Pinot Grigio
Spy Valley Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc (New Zealand)

Red Wines
Chateau Grand Destieu (Bordeaux)
Altos Las Hormigas Malbec, Mendoza (Argentina)

Sherry
Emilio Lustau Sherry

Dessert Wine
Graham’s Vintage Port 1999

Dinner

To Start
Warm Mixed Nuts
or
Marinated Cheese Pesto
(one or the other, iirc)

Appetizer
Spicy shrimp and beef roulade served with a purple seaweed ginger salad
or
Smoked salmon accompanied by capers, red onion and sour cream
Salad
Fresh seasonal greens with squash, cucumbers, artichoke hearts and roasted tomatoes, offered with pepper crea dressing or Sapori d'Arte olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Cajun style roasted chicken breast
Bread Basket
Assorted gourmet breads offered with butter or Sapori d'Arte olive oil
Main Course
Stir-Fried Beef
Sliced fillet of beef stir-fried in ginger oyster sauce with asparagus, red and yellow peppers, served over lo mein noodles

Ginger Garlic Sea Bass
Fillet of fish in ginger garlic sauce served with steamed rice, bok choy, shiitake mushrooms and red bell peppers

Pork Tenderloin
Tender pork served with a mango mojo sauce, herbed long grain rice and asparagus spears.

Stuffed Lasagna Roll
Tender lasagna pasta stuffed with ricotta cheese and spinach, topped with a creamy tomato sauce and shredded mozarella
Dine Upon Request You may choose one of the featured entrées (mains) to be served with an appetizer and dessert, presented all at once, at any time you wish.

Dessert
Ice cream sundae with a choice of hot fudge, butterscotch or seasonal berry toppings, whipped cream and pecans.

Basil caciotta and white cheddar cheese accompanied by seasonal grapes
or
Grand Marnier fruit salad
To Finish
Assorted chocolates
Snack Attack
Please feel free to help yourself to an assortment of sweets and other snacks near our galley, at any time after your meal.

Mid-Flight Snack

Select From
Dim Sum
Pork and mushroom shaomai, four color dumpling and shrimp dumpling with stir-fried vegetable noodles

Uno's Pizza
An individual deep-dish Farmer's Market Pizza

Followed by a fresh fruit dessert and a selection of coffee, tea or fruit juices

Light Meal

To Start
Warm mixed nuts
Salad
Fresh seasonal greens with cherry tomatoes, offered with Italian herb vinaigrette
Select From
Braised Beef Noodle Soup
Beef soup accented by red chili and Chinese greens

Cilantro chicken
Fresh cilantro marinated chicken served chilled over a bed of seasoned summer noodles
Dessert
Freshly baked on board chocolate chip cookies

Pre-Arrival Beverages

For Your Enjoyment

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 8, 2009 at 4:03 pm Reason: spel chicken
Old Jun 8, 2009, 3:48 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
AA 288 PVG-ORD First Class May 2009

Dining Service

Wine List
Champagne
Heidsieck Monopole Brut

White Wines
Warburn Southeast Australia Premium Reserve Pinot Grigio
Spy Valley Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc (New Zealand)

Red Wines
Chateau Grand Destieu (Bordeaux)
Altos Las Hormigas Malbec, Mendoza (Argentina)

Sherry
Emilio Lustau Sherry

Dessert Wine
Graham’s Vintage Port 1999
Dinner

To Start
Warm Mixed Nuts
or
Marinated Cheese Pesto
(one or both)
Appetizer
Char siu duck and crab bundles offered with pumpkin lily root and celery salad
or
Smoked salmon accompanied by capers, red onion and sour cream
Salad
Fresh seasonal greens and an assortment of fresh vegetables, offered with creamy Thai dressing or Sapori 'Arte olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Thai marinated beef tenderloin
Bread Basket
Assorted gourmet breads offered with butter or Sapori d'Arte olive oil
Main Course
Shanghai Noodle Bowl
Shrimp with oyster sauce, sautéed peppers, shiitake mushrooms and bok choy served over Shanghai noodles

Orange Barbecue Duck
Roast breast of duck in an orange barbecue sauce, offered with kailan, sliced oranges and steamed rice

Beef Fillet With Madeira Sauce
Tenderloin of beef in a Madeira sauce, accompanied by seasonal vegetables and roasted new potatoes

Pesto Crusted Salmon
Filled of salmon topped by tomato Provencal sauce, accompanied by carrots, celery, zucchini, (sic) and penne pasta with herb sauce
Dine Upon RequestYou may choose one of the featured entrées (mains) to be served with an appetizer and dessert, presented all at once, at any time you wish.

Dessert
Vanilla ice cream with a choice of hot fudge, butterscotch or seasonal berry toppings, whipped cream and pecans.

Edam and Camembert cheese offered with grapes, candied walnuts and crackers
or
Peach and blueberry crumble tart
To Finish
Assorted chocolates
Snack Attack Please feel free to help yourself to an assortment of sweets and other snacks near our galley, at any time after your meal.

Mid-Flight Snack

Select From
Dim Sum
Pork pearl dumpling, pan-fried vegetable dumpling and beef shaomai with stir-fried vegetable noodles

Light Sandwich
Roast beef on herbed focaccia with grilled vegetables and grapes

Followed by a fresh fruit dessert and a selection of coffee, tea or fruit juices

Breakfast

(Served well after noon!)
To Start
An assortment of warm breads
Main Course
Swiss Cheese Omelette
A fluffy cheese omelette offered with onion potatoes, Gruyere glazed tomatoes and chicken sausage

Congee
A bowl of traditional congee offered with pickled vegetables, soybeans and salted fish

Cereal and Yogurt
Express BreakfastServed 45 minutes prior to landing to allow you to sleep as long as possible
Warm breakfast breads, seasonal fruit and your choice of beverage

Pre-Arrival Beverages

For Your Enjoyment

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 8, 2009 at 4:05 pm Reason: format

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.