Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Longhaul menu / menus; meal experiences/requests for menus 2009 (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Longhaul menu / menus; meal experiences/requests for menus 2009 (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2009, 10:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Originally Posted by benzguy80
how do you know it was the food eaten en-route as opposed to something you ate or drank once in-country? it's pretty easy to contract "Delhi-belly" IME
Because the symptoms began on the plane, and I didn't eat anything in ORD.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 8:14 am

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, AA 2MM, Marriott Gold
I have blindly trusted the food served on AA's planes up until now, but I could see where on such a long trip something bad eaten early might cause problems before one lands.

Sorry you went through that and hope it wasn't too severe. OT: my bout with dysentery in Mumbai was horrible, sickest I've ever been. Wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. It was brought on by carelessness during eating (on a beach, not aboard AA flight).
Old Sep 15, 2009, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Priority Gold, National Executive
Appropriate timing for this subject. Last Monday on a MEX-DFW flight I ate the beef empanada. 24 hours later I considered going to the ER. My poisoning was way beyond "turista", "montezuma's revenge" or "delhi belly" with some abdominal cramping that I have never experienced before. The doctor suggested I stay home drinking lots of fluids since I had no fever, rather than spend the day hooked up to an IV bag in a hospital room. My own bed and toilet would be much more comfortable and she was right. The pain was extremely uncomfortable and now, a week later, I am still feeling some effects.

My weekend in Mexico City was spent with family and at restaurants that I have eaten at all of my life. A friend who was with us on the trip did not fly AA and did not get sick. My boyfriend ate the chicken and he was fine as well.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 1:09 pm

BC Meals - DFW to NRT tomorrow

Anyone know what is being served in BC this month. Flyiing tomorrow DFW to NRT. AA website only shows menu through August. Would like to know what American and Japanese menus are available this month. Would like to also know NRT to DFW meals.

Thank you.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 1:12 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Welcome to FT

This thread is probably your best bet: <circular link removed post-merge>

(Found it by searching on the term [menu].)
Old Sep 16, 2009, 1:20 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I've flown aa in bc many times (generally between jfk and cdg, zrh, lhr) and the food is good but not spectacular, EXCEPT on one flight jfk-zrh, they had a spicy shrimp main course, which was far superior to anything else I've eaten. This item has not been on any my other flights.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 12:09 pm

Transcon Business Class Lunch

Tried to search but wasn't successful. What has AA been serving recently JFK-LAX for lunch in Business Class? Do they have sundaes/toppings choices?
Thanks
Old Sep 18, 2009, 12:31 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
Lunch flights get the pre-made sludge, dinner flights get the made-to-order sundaes in transcon business class. AA does not do lunch very well, and if you are new to lunch flights, I would predict you will walk away disappointed. If you want to maximize the dining experience, I would switch to a dinner flight.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 12:39 pm

Exactly what is sludge?
Old Sep 18, 2009, 12:48 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
Originally Posted by asterix881
Exactly what is sludge?
Here is TonySCV's description and photo from the appetizer thread:

Originally Posted by TonySCV

Chocolate ice cream, cheesecake pieces and frozen blackberry fruit sludge at the bottom for dessert:

Old Sep 18, 2009, 1:46 pm

Is there a shrimp appetizer too as on F midcon?
Old Sep 18, 2009, 3:17 pm

One question that I have not seen: Does service (re: FA attitiudes, food, etc) vary from a weekday flight to a weekend flight? I know it can vary from hour to hour, flight to flight. Just didn't know if is was "different" on the weekends.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sukn
Lunch flights get the pre-made sludge, dinner flights get the made-to-order sundaes in transcon business class. AA does not do lunch very well, and if you are new to lunch flights, I would predict you will walk away disappointed. If you want to maximize the dining experience, I would switch to a dinner flight.
I don't think they do dinner well either on the transcons. The entrees have been pretty bad my last few flights -- ravioli in cement cream sauce, shoe leather filet with watery and smelly mashed potatoes, etc. For lunch I got an Asian chicken wrap that was decent (not great, but perfectly edible). Of course you don't get the made-to-order sundae for dinner.

I just had the stuffed shells on JFK-MIA and it was pretty good.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 6:12 pm

I am writing this via GoGo.. our dinner incudes Cocount Chili Shrimp or Cheese Ravioli.. It is excellent.. This is a dinner flight....
Old Sep 18, 2009, 10:10 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by asterix881
Tried to search but wasn't successful. What has AA been serving recently JFK-LAX for lunch in Business Class? Do they have sundaes/toppings choices?
Thanks
This thread has now been merged into the consolidated thread on this topic (conveniently found in the User's Guide Sticky). There are a few posts upthread that may be of interest.

/Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.