Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA FRA 2009 manifest - who's on board? (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2009, 5:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Currently in the smoking lounge of the DFW D Terminal AC. I'll be renting a car to go to the CR Smith Museum at 8:00 if anyone wants to share the waiting time for the DFW-FRA flight
Old Feb 21, 2009, 6:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriot, SPG, Hertz 5 Star
Originally Posted by Deltahater
For those of you coming... it is cold here and snowy.

Also, we (ORD-FRA) arrived at terminal 1 at a remote location, got bussed to the terminal and then went through the dungeons to get to the better part of the airport (including AC), so pack warm. It is a quite a hike
Thanks for the heads-up. Will be heading for DFW in about 4-5 hours for the flight.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 9:41 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, SPG Gold
For those of you coming... it is cold here and snowy.

Also, we (ORD-FRA) arrived at terminal 1 at a remote location, got bussed to the terminal and then went through the dungeons to get to the better part of the airport (including AC), so pack warm. It is a quite a hike
Thanks, I'll make sure to keep my jacket handy. Heading to the airport shortly for my flight to ORD. Fingers crossed we get a jetway tomorrow morning & not a bus!
Old Feb 21, 2009, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Yes, and on my recent FRA-ORD, we departed from a remote gate and had to stand for about 10 minutes on the tarmac waiting for the ground staff to allow us to board.

Definitely dress warm!
Old Feb 21, 2009, 4:12 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, AA 2MM, Marriott Gold
FWIW it was snowing heavily as we were boarding in FRA on Monday. glad we didn't have to wait outside as it was also cold and windy.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4 MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Red face

I'm sitting here in the AC with thecleave and SFOBOS, donde esta ben1979? and the others coming through ORD?

I walked around, got my bright yellow tag on my bag but can't seem to find anyone else.

So Ben, if you're here, come find us.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 10:48 pm
Used to be 'martinnj99'

Two questions

1-You can go to the AC after immigration and customs without checking in again? I am flying in and not returning the same day but have an ongoing train ticket that doesnt leave for another 3 hours after landing....

2-Any tips to expand your trip with more stop from NYC? I did EWR-DFW-FRA-DFW-EWR... but beyond that?
Old Feb 21, 2009, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by martinnj99
Two questions

1-You can go to the AC after immigration and customs without checking in again? I am flying in and not returning the same day but have an ongoing train ticket that doesnt leave for another 3 hours after landing....
Of course. If you are a paid AC member, you do not need to be traveling at all. FRA is a very unique European AC in that it is located in the public concourse, so you don't need to be a ticketed, departing passenger to gain access. Just walk in and show your card and ID.

If you are not an AC member, then you have access if you have a same-day departure or arrival on a OW-marketed, OW-operated flight and are:

1) OneWorld SPH or EMD (traveling in any class of service)
2) AA PLT or EXP (any class of service, assuming at least one segment outside of "North America")
3) Traveling in F or J with no status (if on AA, the F/J segment must be to/from outside "North America")
4) Eligible AMEX Plat cardholder (any class of service)
5) QP member (any class of service)

2-Any tips to expand your trip with more stop from NYC? I did EWR-DFW-FRA-DFW-EWR... but beyond that?
That's a pretty good one. Might try to throw in ORD or STL or even SEA or LAX on your way to DFW for the FRA flight. Sometimes the additional segments can be just $20 or so each.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 11:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Take a look at the MRs posted by LRD in the MR forum. There are some crazy routings via MEX, CUN, SJO, etc to maximize your miles

See you all in the FRA AC today. I don't have any FT tags, so I'll just look for a bunch of loud guys talking about miles.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 3:21 am

Programs: AAPLT, SK/G, A3/G
Originally Posted by wrxmom
I'm sitting here in the AC with thecleave and SFOBOS, donde esta ben1979? and the others coming through ORD?

I walked around, got my bright yellow tag on my bag but can't seem to find anyone else.

So Ben, if you're here, come find us.
Am I crazy? I'm at the FRA AC now with bpauker...it is 2-22 today, right?
Old Feb 22, 2009, 3:49 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, UA 2P, Marriott LTPP
I'm sitting at the FRA AC right now with ben1979 - we're all the way in the back just before the PC terminals. I've got an FT tag on my backpack that should be visible to anyone walking by where we're camped out. We'll be camping here for a few hours until our flight to ORD.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 4:38 am

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, AA 2MM, Marriott Gold
Take a look at the MRs posted by LRD in the MR forum. There are some crazy routings via MEX, CUN, SJO, etc to maximize your miles

See you all in the FRA AC today. I don't have any FT tags, so I'll just look for a bunch of loud guys talking about miles.
Yeah, like flying to the left coast from TX on the way to/fr FRA? My outgoing leg got hosed by MX (or so they said a few days early), ended up leaving home later, getting to FRA earlier but had to request ORC twice (first time was bungled). Coming back was supposed to be FRA-DFW-LAX-AUS but late inbound caused my LAX flight to be delayed just enough to miss connection to AUS. Spent the night flying to/from LAX from DFW with 5 hours in between, hanging out in an empty FL.

Adding the two detours pumped up the miles quite a bit (~5k) but left me trashed the day after my last flight was to arrive and made it necessary to make several calls to get all the EQ miles.

Hope I don't have to continue MR'g to requalify for EXP this year.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by benzguy80
Yeah, like flying to the left coast from TX on the way to/fr FRA?
Yep, like that.

Last summer, I flew JFK-DFW-LAX-MIA-MAD to pick up the extra miles on the way to MAD.

Basically, as long as you can sleep on planes, you will be fine.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
There was 12 of us today on the ORD-FRA flight. It was hillarous. We even met one MRunner who did not know about this site...

We took a group picture that Ben1979 will hopefully post

Also, the C terminal in FRA is being remodeled to accommodate the A380s and many gates are under construction. As a result AA gets less gates and more than not, the ORD flight will be a bus departure.

If you are bussed, you will depart from B and there is ONE line to get to security and then TWO for business/first and coach. Evidently though, you can gently push your way through the crowd and then enter your business class line. It can save you 10-15 minutes.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 5:14 pm

Programs: AAPLT, SK/G, A3/G
FRA-ORD (Feb 22)

Wow, there was 11 of us on the flight today. Was this the most FT-filled of all the FRA runs?

ben1979
bpauker
wrxmom
thecleave
Deltahater +1
BogeyMan
iamthehpt
plus 2 others who didn't add their name to the main sheet so I'm going to assume they wish to remain anonymous
finally, one other former FTer that was in town not for a run but made our flight

I've never seen so many FTer on a flight! It was great meeting everyone! If you were on the flight please PM me your email and I'll send you the group photo I took.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.