AA 31 - LAX-HNL - Reviews?

Old Jan 20, 2009, 11:20 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, AA EXP
They have GOT to refurb those 757 seats post haste. It's one of the biggest black marks on AA. If they'd get those seats replaced with something remotely comfortable for a flight of 3-6 hours, AA's F seating would be in pretty good shape fleet-wide.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 12:10 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by timetogo
You will be on a 757 so the seats are not that great but the service is.
I'd have to agree with you--those 757 seats are hard to get comfortable in. I've been over 3 times in the last year, including a flight from LAX, and have had excellent service on all of my flights. The Admiral's Club at HNL (PHOTOS) is one of the best in the system. Always enjoy chatting with the agents there, though it's a hike over from the AA gates.

I did take photos of the breakfast entree on one flight which was Portuguese sausage quiche.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by twofive99
Flew this segment last summer...we were offered champagne while the rest of coach boarded. Even had enough time to come around and give everyone a second glass before we pushed the gate.^
I doubt it was real champagne.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 6:59 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by mvoight
I doubt it was real champagne.
Probably true in the air, too. You don't even get champagne on the ground for TATL and Tokyo flights.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP - CK, DL PM, *Wood Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hertz President's Circle
Thanks all for your responses. I forgot about the Trip Report section of the forum. Apologies!

Looking forward to it. From what I can gather, a pre-dept drink (some sort of sparkling wine), and a Sam Choy Hawaiian Breakfast Menu. Seats are better than Y, but aren't that great.

I am in row 5, so assuming FEBO is followed, I should be good to go.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.