Switching from IAH to HOU

Old Jan 19, 09, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, HHonors DIA, Fairmont GLD they make me feel special!
Switching from IAH to HOU

I al flying through DFW to IAH. What are the odds that a GA or AC Angel will allow me to fly DFW to HOU instead? I dont need anything confirmed and can find out on the day I get to the airport.
Old Jan 19, 09, 10:26 am

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), Marriott Tit
Originally Posted by bmxbboy View Post
I al flying through DFW to IAH. What are the odds that a GA or AC Angel will allow me to fly DFW to HOU instead? I dont need anything confirmed and can find out on the day I get to the airport.
Depends on the fare rules for your ticket, but the chances are good that IAH and HOU will be considered co-terminals. If that's the case, then you can go standby or do a $50 "confirmed flight change".
Old Jan 19, 09, 11:04 am

Programs: Many, slipping beneath the horizon
Depending upon your destination in/around Houston and your needs while in town, even the $50 fee may be worth it.

Provide us a reason for your choice, and some of us here, in and out of Houston regularly, maybe able to support or criticize your decision.
Old Jan 19, 09, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, HHonors DIA, Fairmont GLD they make me feel special!
Driving to Galveston on a Friday. I dont want to have to leave IAH at 4:20pm. I can leave HOU at 545 or 630. But by then it may not make much of a difference.
Old Jan 19, 09, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM
The traffic will still be heavy even at that hour. The risk I see with standby is the DFW-HOU flights are on RJ-45's into HOU with far less seats than than MD80's into IAH. Usually the HOU flights are full on a Friday afternoon with business commuters returning home.
Old Jan 19, 09, 5:43 pm

Programs: Many, slipping beneath the horizon
Actually, coming in to IAH that late may not be bad (if presumably having to rent a car). By the time you clear the airport, you can drive downtown on the Toll Road against the flow, and the upper end of the Gulf Freeway should have begun to clear that late in the evening. I wouldn't take the chance of no seat on an RJ.

Search this Thread