Search

incorrectly given exp??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2009, 8:16 am
rhl
Original Poster

Programs: 2m miler, PLT for life
incorrectly given exp??

I was just on AA.com buying some more tickets when I noticed it said 0 upgrades required and I thought to myself, huh? So I go to my account and see what's up and sure enough it says EXP next to Status.

I ended up canceling 2 of my 4 flights so I missed qualifying by like 25k because those were NYC-LAX Paid F tickets.

I haven't gotten an email congratulating me on getting EXP and all of my summaries etc say:

AAdvantage Platinum(R) member.

But when I log in it says Executive Platinum.

This is from my December statement:

Summary Date
December 2008

YTD Elite Qualifying Points 75,***
YTD Elite Qualifying Miles 62,***
YTD Elite Qualifying Segments 55

Last edited by rhl; Jan 16, 2009 at 10:30 am
Old Jan 16, 2009, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
...and you're choosing to publish this fact for all (including AA lurkers) to see?

Last edited by ESpen36; Jan 16, 2009 at 8:27 am
Old Jan 16, 2009, 8:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, CO PLAT, SPG Gold
If you feel guilty about this, you should call the EXP desk and tell them that your friend bts09 could use ALL of your Evips for the coming year.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 8:32 am
rhl
Original Poster

I don't feel guilty about it. I DID NOT get a WELCOME email. I haven't gotten any EVIPs. I've been EXP before, just not since 2007. So I don't know how it happened or if it's just a fluke. See what I mean?

Did they give it to me because I fly paid F a lot? I don't want to call because they might revoke it! :P
Old Jan 16, 2009, 8:34 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Two possibilities occur to me, unless there is an error on AA's behalf.

Were you EXP previously? The status year ends the last day of February, not December 31.

Did you earn 100,000 Elite-Qualifying Points? You could have done this even if you only flew 66,667 miles last year, if you fly on B,Y, I-F fares earning 1.5 EQ points per EQ mile.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 8:36 am
Suspended

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by rhl
I don't feel guilty about it. I DID NOT get a WELCOME email. I haven't gotten any EVIPs. I've been EXP before, just not since 2007. So I don't know how it happened or if it's just a fluke. See what I mean?

Did they give it to me because I fly paid F a lot? I don't want to call because they might revoke it! :P
Have you looked at the January 2009 summary? That's the one that gives the 2008 YTD final totals.

Originally Posted by rhl

Summary Date
December 2008
Program to Date Miles 1,532,269
YTD Elite Qualifying Points 75,323
YTD Elite Qualifying Miles 62,311
Miles subject to Expiration ‡ 172,269
500 Mile Upgrade Account Balance 20
Old Jan 16, 2009, 10:02 am
rhl
Original Poster

Nope, I was platinum last year. My EQP is YTD Elite Qualifying Points 75,323.

Last edited by rhl; Jan 16, 2009 at 10:30 am
Old Jan 16, 2009, 10:09 am

Are you cute? Honeymooner? Hip kind of dude?

I'd keep it quiet until they catch it. Good luck
Old Jan 16, 2009, 10:26 am
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by Joka
Are you cute? Honeymooner? Hip kind of dude?

I'd keep it quiet until they catch it. Good luck
Should be easy to catch now that OP has posted all his mileage details. OP, I suggest you delete these identifying details.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 10:32 am
rhl
Original Poster

I'm not a dude at all. Just a girl who likes traveling.. I doubt that AA has put together an script to find AA members via mileage stats..

I guess I'll just call them and find out. If it was an OP up to keep my business, I'd love to know about it.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by rhl
I'm not a dude at all. Just a girl who likes traveling..
Sorry, Dudette
Old Jan 16, 2009, 10:36 am
Suspended

Programs: AA/BA
Originally Posted by rhl
I'm not a dude at all. Just a girl who likes traveling.. I doubt that AA has put together an script to find AA members via mileage stats..

I guess I'll just call them and find out. If it was an OP up to keep my business, I'd love to know about it.
You would have.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 11:30 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by rhl
I was just on AA.com buying some more tickets when I noticed it said 0 upgrades required and I thought to myself, huh? So I go to my account and see what's up and sure enough it says EXP next to Status.

I ended up canceling 2 of my 4 flights so I missed qualifying by like 25k because those were NYC-LAX Paid F tickets.

I haven't gotten an email congratulating me on getting EXP and all of my summaries etc say:

AAdvantage Platinum(R) member.

But when I log in it says Executive Platinum.

Summary Date
December 2008

YTD Elite Qualifying Points 75,***
YTD Elite Qualifying Miles 62,***
If you call AA (I tend to doubt that I would) let us know how and/or why you got EXP status. While anything is possible, AA mistakeningly giving out EXP seems quite far fetched to me.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 11:46 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Agreed - though if it happened, that's one heckuva auspicious way to start a new year!

Let us know what you decide to do, and what happens in the near future with your surprising status, rhl. (I'd personally just let it ride and see what happens...)

(Too bad eVIPs aren't listed in our online account report yet - it would be most interesting to see if rhl received VIP/SWUs! But I'd not call to inquire until the new pseudo-status "stuck" for a while, or they are reflected online.)

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
If you call AA (I tend to doubt that I would) let us know how and/or why you got EXP status. While anything is possible, AA mistakeningly giving out EXP seems quite far fetched to me.

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 16, 2009 at 11:52 am Reason: add eVIP / SWU bit
Old Jan 16, 2009, 12:22 pm

Programs: MX CO-Plat AA-Plat UA-1K DL HH Hyatt
Originally Posted by rhl
Probably. If you buy paid F a lot, I can imagine AA would want to encourage you to do more of that! ^

I'm pretty sure it's harmless to call--though I bet the above is the answer you'll get. I doubt they'd take it away....again, if you fly paid F a lot, you're probably someone AA likes to keep happy.

(edited to fix my typo!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.