What's going on with AA.com

Old Jan 15, 2009, 8:54 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP,MR PP,Hyatt Diam, SPG Plat,PC Plat, HH Gold, National EE
What's going on with AA.com

First I noticed that the reservations under my res. look diff., the info. about the flights runneth over. Next, I see that under book flights under round trip they have brought back search by price (praise Arpey). Checking to see what other developments there are. Now, I see on the res. page that the summary is all cst and all the times are 0:00. Guess some change is in progress. Change, I hope, we can believe in.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 9:03 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
Something else weird is going on. When shopping for flights, the deep discounted economy buckets are all showing unavailable when I searched NYC-DFW for travel two weeks away.

However, the flights are wide open, and the fare should be around $135 each way.

Weird indeed.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 9:25 pm

Indeed it is. Not all flights are showing up and rates seem fluctuating.

I would refrain from booking for now, unless of course, its in ur favor
Old Jan 15, 2009, 9:37 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Darn it

AA giveth and AA taketh away. Can't search by price. Nice while it lasted, put a few flights on hold. Saved me the pain in the a.., of trying all nearby airports under multi city and seeing everything and more with 1 search. Oh, how I miss the old days. Seems enhancements always do the opposite, just ask those in the MR forum.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 12:12 am

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
you can search by price... just switch to multi-city search and input a round trip as two different entries... You will get results sorted by price.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 3:00 am
Suspended
Original Poster

But...

I mentioned that but what if you want to check a bunch of nearby airports at the same time such as miami-la, you have mia,fll,pbi and lax,bur,sna,- that's a real pain to try each combo. What about if you want to use a coupon? I am still convinced (and others) that I get diff. results as well. Which is exactly what happened tonight during that small window of opportunity. Rt I had been checking with multi city then came up with diff. flight possibility (better) when I was able to check by price and nearby airports. Hope they are finally bringing it back.
Old discussion here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...le-aa-com.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.